• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Temporary switch player and party

Niteslayer

Shogun
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
Alright, this seems to be complicated... An event which shows the player standing to
watch two other trainers battle... What i want to do is, to switch the main player with
the character that battles, switch player's pokemon party with that of the other person just to
make the battle. However when the battle ends the event switch again to the main
player's party... Is it possible to do this? I would appreciate your help...
(No need to switch overworld sprites, just the party)

Here is an image of the event
error.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
It is possible but there are a lot of variables to consider (the player's party, bag, money, shoes, pokegear, pokedex, outfit, trainer card, fly destinations, phone numbers...)

You have to decide what variables should change, what can remain the same and how to store and restore each of those variables.

This tutorial is a pretty good start. You will be able to change the player's apparence, party, bag and gold at least. Basically you store those values for the player in variables, you reset them, and then you restore them when you need to switch the protagonists back.

If you want the player and the other trainer to have a different Pokedex, it's more complicated. I did not manage to do it.

Niteslayer

Shogun
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
Thanks I will check it out, for the event I will not control the other character just trigger the battle so, I dont care much about the other items... If it's possible i will just change the potions for the other trainer....
If there is another way to make this, i would be glad to see it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 19, 2017
Man I am confused what are you asking. are you asking only to change the party pokemon or the whole of character of the player.
There is a easy way.
Email me at [email protected] and sent me your graphics of the trainer with whom you want to exchange the player and also the graphicsof the player. I will need the back sprite, front sprite,npc of it,map player and the trainer card.
All these above are required if you want to change the whole but if you just want to change the party pokemon then I dont know. Once I complete all the graphics I will email you at your email .

Back