• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
Just a question, but since I've downloaded B5, and I'm almost done with it, if I download B6, will I have to start over? Or does it update the ROM information while keeping the save the same? Sorry if my questions isn't clear.

spaceboy827

BTing and hacking, fun stuff
Years
well there is a way to keep ur save file, use the same fire red rom u use and re-patch beta 6 to the rom and it will work. ive had this problem of what to do for betas 3,4,5 and coming up 6 with what to do with my file too. but ive decided to just start the game over so you can see the changes and stuf that u couldnt have seen in an earlier beta. but its ur call so w/e
oh and i still think its useless to hack a hack. its mean to the creator and basically a lie to the public

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
Can someone please help me. First just let me say that I suck so unbelievably bad at puzzles. Okay so I'm stuck in the Celedon City Undergroung trying to figure out the Team Rocket puzzle but I can't and its driving me crazy. So if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2009
Okay so I'm stuck in the Celedon City Undergroung trying to figure out the Team Rocket puzzle but I can't and its driving me crazy

I would help you, but I honestly can't remember anything underground in Celadon. Refresh my memory, please.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
Today, when I tried to upload my save file (I had saved just after beating the second Gym Leader and my Rival in Azalea Town), it said it was deleted. Anyone know what might have caused this?

o.necromancer.o

Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
You propably used the save option from the start menu in the game. If you did don't. Go to the top of your emulator and drop down the file menu and click save to save the game at its current state as a .SGM.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
You propably used the save option from the start menu in the game. If you did don't. Go to the top of your emulator and drop down the file menu and click save to save the game at its current state as a .SGM.

Cool, thanks. You know where I could get an Exeggcute?

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
Use headbutt on trees to get an eggexcute.

I have tried, but the trees remain resolute and refuse to relinquish their pokemon to me. :(

I suppose I could always pick up the Treecko by the National Park... but Exeggutor is so much cooler than Sceptile.

o.necromancer.o

Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
After you headbutt the tree walk a tile away then headbutt it again. It doesn't take that long to find one. I see them all the time. Also I forgot to add if you don't mind that its not legit then just use gameshark codes.

Last edited:

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2014
After you headbutt the tree walk a tile away then headbutt it again. It doesn't take that long to find one. I see them all the time. Also I forgot to add if you don't mind that its not legit then just use gameshark codes.

Well, it wasn't as bad as when I tried to get a Heracross in my Crystal version. That took hours. Thanks again.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
yay I finished beta5

can't wait for beta6 as i think i already said

oh and since someone had a problem with the underground bit, here's the answer (I know he figured it out but just incase other people need help)
Spoiler:

noah73x

Noah
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Can someone please help me. First just let me say that I suck so unbelievably bad at puzzles. Okay so I'm stuck in the Celedon City Undergroung trying to figure out the Team Rocket puzzle but I can't and its driving me crazy. So if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

lol i see you love to ask questions... here is some help...
http://www.freewebs.com/aquilae/shinygoldwalkthrough.htm
it's a walkthrough... and you can find around 5 more in the 1st page of this threat...
but all the walkthroughs go only until the end of beta 4.
so if you want you can find at youtube the walkthrough of beta 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUrpvGFJoLM
or if you still have questions and have msn/icq, you can send me private message, add me, and ask me anything for fast answers.
:rambo: (I love this smily badly)

The-Fox

Beginning Hacker!
Years
Can someone send me a saved file of there shiny gold in pm please, i want one with typhlosion in it. I cannot be bothered to do it myself?

noah73x

Noah
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
Zel, i got a question... will you edit the Pokedex so we'll be able to see where we can caugh each pokemon? or will the pokedex will be left alone?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
What do you have to do to evolve a Poliwhirl into a Politoed?

I need a definitive answer please.

Not a probable one. :(

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
What do you have to do to evolve a Poliwhirl into a Politoed?

I need a definitive answer please.

Not a probable one. :(

Poliwhirl will evolve by a friendly evolution into Politoed. Capture it in a Luxury Ball to x2 happiness points. And, if it's in B5, use the Soothe Bell. Is it in B5? (Luxury Ball = Green Apricorn)

Back