• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Footer IDs

Years
alt title: how to delink maps part 2

So sometimes maps will randomly link and even if you follow that one tutorial by diegoisawesome they will remain linked. I've discovered that this is because of a hword in the map header that identify the map.

In the BPRE 1.0 ROM, the IDs are as follows:

Code:
01 to 03 - Pallet Town (Interiors)
05 - Pallet Town (Oak's Lab)
06 - House (Blue carpet)
07 - House (Green carpet)
08 to 09 - PC
0A - Mart
0B - House (no carpet, painting)
0C - Cerulean City Gym
0D - House (no carpet, signpost)
0E - 
0F - Celadon City Gym
10 - 
11 - Resort Gorgeous
12 - 
13 - 
14 - Fuschia City Gym
15 - House (orange carpet)
16 - 
17 - 
18 - 
19 - Vermillion City Gym
1A - Cerulean City (Bicycle Shop)
1B - Game Corner
1C - Pewter City Gym
1D - 
1E - House (Lorelei's)
1F - House (Lostelle's house)
20 - 
21 - 
22 - Saffron City Gym
24 - Cinnabar Island Gym
25 - Viridian City Gym
26 - 
27 - 
28 - 
29 - 
2A - 
2B - 
2C - 
2D - 
2E - 
2F to 32 - Online Rooms
33 - Fuschia City (Safari Zone Entrance)
34 - 
35 - 
36 - 
37 - 
38 - 
39 - 
3A - 
3B - 
3C - 
3D - 
3E - 
3F - 
40 - 
41 - 
42 - 
43 - 
44 - 
45 - 
46 - 
47 - 
48 - 
49 - 
4A - 
4B - 
4C - 
4D - 
4E to 58 - Pallet Town to Saffron City
59 to 71 - Route 1 to Route 25
72 to 74 - Mt. Moon
75 - Viridian Forest
76 - 7B - S.S. Anne (1.4 - 1.9)
7C - Diglett Cave BF1
7D to 7F - Victory Road
80 to 83 - Rocket Hideout
84 to 8E - Silph Co.
8F to 92 - Pokémon Mansion
93 to 96 - Safari Zone
97 to 99 - Cerulean Cave
9A to 9B - Rock Tunnel
9C to A0 - Seafoam Islands
A1 to A7 - Pokémon Tower
A8 - Power Plant
A9 - Bill's house
AA - S.S. Anne Kitchen
AB - S.S. Anne's Captain's Room
AC - Underground Path
AD - 
AE - 
AF - 
B0 - Gatehouse (Vertical with stairs)
B1 - S.S. Anne Orange Room
B2 - S.S. Anne Green Room
B3 - Celadon City Dept. Store Elevator
B4 to B5 - Pewter City Museum
B6 - Cerulean City (Burgled house)
B7 - Cerulean City (Badge guy)
B8 to BC - Celadon Mansion
BD - Game Corner (Prize place)
BE - Celadon City (Restaurant)
BF - Celadon City (Hotel)
C0 to C5 - Celadon City Dept. Store
C6 - Safari Zone Interiors
C7 - Safari Zone Surf Room
C8 - Fuschia City (Warden Slowpoke guys)
C9 - Fuschia City (Warden Slowpoke's house)
CA - Fuschia City (Good Rod Fishing Guru)
CB to CE - Cinnabar Island (Lab)
CF - 
D0 - Gatehouse (Vertical)
D1 - Gatehouse (Horizontal)
D2 - Diglett Cave Entrance
D3 - Diglett Cave Exit
D4 - Indigo Plateau (PC)
D5 to DA - Pokémon League
DB - 
DC - Gatehouse (Binoculars)
DD - Gatehouse (Viridian Forest)
DE - Route 22 (Pokémon League entrance)
DF - Gatehouse (Route 16, two horizontal)
E0 - Gatehouse (Horizontal with stairs)
E1 - Rocket Hideout Elevator
E2 to E3 - Saffron City (Mimic Girl's house)
E4 - Saffron City (Dojo)
E5 - Silph Co. Elevator
E6 to EC - One Island to Six Island
ED to F1 - Kindle Road to Three Isle Port
F2 to F5 - Sevii Isle 6 to Sevii Isle 9
F6 to FF - Resort Gorgeous to Canyon Entrance
100 - Sevault Canyon
101 - Tanoby Ruins
102 - 
103 - 
104 - 
105 - 
106 - Online Room
107 - Saffron City (Trainer Fan Club)
108 - 
109 - Seven Island (room behind boxes)
10A - Viridian City (School)
10B - 
10C - 
10D - Mt. Ember (Braille Room)
10E - Berry Forest
10F - One Island (PC)
110 - Two Island (Wifi game corner)
111 - Vermillion City (Pokémon Fan Club)
112 - Lavender Town (Mr. Fuji)
113 - Route 5 (Daycare)
114 - Viridan City (House with guy with Spearow and little girl)
115 - Four Island (Daycare)
116 - 
117 - 
118 - Mt. Ember (Outside)
119 - Mt. Ember (Moltres)
11A to 11C - Mt. Ember
11D to 122 - Mt. Ember
123 - Mt. Ember (Ruby)
124 - Rocket Warehouse
125 to 128 - Icefall Cave
129 - 
12A to 133 - Trainer Tower
134 - Cerulean City (Berry Powder guy)
135 to 13A - Dotted Hole
13B - Seagallop Port
13C - One Island (PC Upstairs)
13D - Pattern Bush
13E - Three Isle Path
13F - 
140 to 14E - Lost Cave
14F - Monean Chamber
150 - Liptoo Chamber
151 - Weepth Chamber
152 - Dilford Chamber
153 - Scufib Chamber
154 - Altering Cave
155 - Tanoby Key
156 - Birth Island
157 - Navel Rock
158 to 16D - Navel Rock
16E - 
16F - 
170 - 
171 - 
172 - 
173 - 
174 - 
175 - 
176 - 
177 - 
178 - 
179 - 
17A - 
17B - 
17C - 
17D - 
17E - Seven Island (house with back entrance blocked by boxes)
17F - Ember Spa

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]C0 D4 2D 08 50 4E 3B 08 5A 54 16 08 6C 27 35 08 2C 01
[B]4E 00[/B]
58 00 02 01 01 06 00 00[/FONT]

This is the Map Header for Pallet Town from the aforementioned ROM, and the bytes bolded, when reversed (004E) correspond to the Footer ID for that map. If you were to make, say, (4.1)'s new Footer ID 004E, instead of 0001, then warping into the map should display Pallet Town's map and movement permissions, using Pallet Town's tileset to control things like map borders - the only thing that stays the same is the events, seeing as GF likely made this feature for houses, marts and PCs, which share the same maps but have different events.

(In-game, though, if you enter (4.1) before (3.1), the reverse will happen and (3.1) will display the map of (4.1) and so on.)

Last edited:
Years
I didn't understand how that can be useful. o_o ,can you explain me simply please,it seems something good....

Certain maps are linked together by this hword in their headers. By linked, I mean they have the same appearance and movement permissions as one another in-game regardless of how they appear in Advance Map. This is useful as it means you don't have to constantly reinsert maps that look identical, and is also useful for unlinking vanilla maps so that you can then change their appearance and movement permissions. This is all in the OP.

Years
So with this i can for ex. make pallet town's map look like any other i want without using a-map map insertions or imports

No, it's so that you can make Viridian City look exactly like Pallet Town and have Pallet Town's movement permissions regardless of how Viridian City's map actually looks like in Advance Map.

Years
So, theoretically, you could have two viridian forests? Would they have identical events and wild Pokemon?

No, those are independent to the map footer I believe, which is why Marts and Pokémon Centers can have different NPCs and so on without affecting one another. But yes, in theory, you could.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Also, while I don't have anything to add to the list, I would like to mention that it is more accurate to describe this as a "footer ID". Indeed, there is a scripting command that can change this value and thus swap out the map. That command is setmapfooter — you give it the ID from this list and it will change the footer of the map. In FireRed, it is used in the Three Isle Path cave. It is used way more in RSE. First things that come to mind are Mirage Island and Shoal Cave.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Unknown, but I went through every single map in a vanilla FireRed ROM so they're most likely safe to use.

Also is it just me, or isn't this about a half word in the header id. The title says footerid, and the same byte seems to be present numerous times in the footer too. I'm unsure if that's because Amap has them mislabeled, or the title is a typo.

Years
Also is it just me, or isn't this about a half word in the header id. The title says footerid, and the same byte seems to be present numerous times in the footer too. I'm unsure if that's because Amap has them mislabeled, or the title is a typo.

I renamed it at the suggestion of Telinc1, because it's to go with the XSE command setmapfooter. You're right that it's in the header, though. I'd originally named it Map IDs, but yeah.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
I renamed it at the suggestion of Telinc1, because it's to go with the XSE command setmapfooter. You're right that it's in the header, though. I'd originally named it Map IDs, but yeah.
I really didn't think that name would cause confusion. I think it's more sensible as these really are just the IDs of the map footers themselves, not IDs in the map footers.
What's really weird about this is that linked maps, such as Pokémon Centers and Marts, have identical pointers to map footers, even though this hword sort of forces them to be same. I don't know why GameFreak decided to do it this way, but it's definitely quite confusing until you wrap your head around how it all works.
By the way, I'm pretty sure AdvanceMap's create new map feature creates new IDs. Also, AdvanceMap 1.95 has a "connection list" (which replaces 1.92's useless INI list) which displays the maps sorted by this ID. It's the number after the colon IIRC.

Back