• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
wow nice progress of this great hack :D btw zel are planning add d/p pokemon? gudluck :D

Friendsxix

Fire Trainer
Years
another bug:
when you reach indigo plateau if you open the fly menu you will be able to fly to pallet town (??? it think it doesnt just exist in b5), only its just a glithed version of new bark town, from wich you can fly to other johto cities and walking around (like normal johto), only when walking the routes no route/city popup will appear
That is not odd, in fact Zel just hasn't finished Pallet Town. You can tell if you load the game into Advance Map. If you go to route 1 and use Map Connections and go down you will see that result.

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
Glitches Report

Some strange glitches I discovered today...
First, I used a phone booth and called my Memory 8. It was the right pesron talking, but then I got a rematch. However, it said 'National Park' for rematch, but he didn't wanrt to battle. However, the one in my memory slot above (7) wanted to battle... I think the too are mixed up...

Also, I found a trainer that doesn't face you, and he assks if you want his number, yet although I declined, he still aksed me if I wanted to delete my number afterwards...

And, I know I say a lot. But, as I said before, Shiny Gold is so brillant... now I'm staggering through Shiny Gold X... you know how to make a game hard. These screenshots came from X if you did to know that.

Waiting for lots of answers... but now I want more... LoL.
As a said in my very long post before, I asked the odds of finding the dogs? Different, but similar question... what is the odds of getting a rematch with a trainer with the phone booth?
Do you ever intend to but wild pokemon in the places with accessible water pools... like the hidden part of the National Park (where you beat a trainer to get a Treecko) and the water surronding the "Pillar of Wishes".
Helping you agian, like I did ikn my first post in this thread, have you started to change the auto-map scripts? Like when you go into Elm's Lab, Mr. Pokemon's House, Places where Carlos want to battle, etc. You should use map scripts, a simple part of Advance Map (not simple to me, I can't script LoL) that starts the event straight away instead of having to take a step out. For example, when you would battle Carlos in the 1st gym, you can simply leave agian before the battle, and I'm sure this is not intended. Maps Scripts is simple to find on the "Header" part of Advanced Map.

Thanks for taking the time to make this hack, and to answer all the questions I keep asking. I'll stop thinking of them, eventually. (...), that's a cool quote of the many words I did say LoL. Thats probably about 20 qyuestions now, so I think I'll just shut up now...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hmmm... I found a weird thing while playing SG...
pokemonshinygold01zn2.png

What the? It's on the first Rocket Grunt in Slowpoke Well...
Also... The downloads are messed.... The one that says "Shiny Gold" is actually X
And "Shiny Gold X" is actually normal... Unless X is supposed to be easier... Which it is.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
That is not odd, in fact Zel just hasn't finished Pallet Town. You can tell if you load the game into Advance Map. If you go to route 1 and use Map Connections and go down you will see that result.
Plz dont come with me with advance map, ill admit i just dont know a thing about hacking, but for sure i know Pallet isnt on B5 (or if it is its just what i found).
Esmas is probably right, but we have to wait for what zel has to say.

Also... The downloads are messed.... The one that says "Shiny Gold" is actually X
And "Shiny Gold X" is actually normal... Unless X is supposed to be easier... Which it is.

I know as a fact that the double question-mark poke is present in the GBA pokemon games to fill the 25 entries between Celebi and Treecko, that used to be the other 25 forms of Unown (other than the A, wich is nº201 and the question and exclamaton mark Unown, addded later). As in B5 theres only the A form of Unown, it's natural that pokemon is on the game database, but the only "legal" way it would appear would be if that Rocked had a Unown other than A, wich is not the case. It's certainly a bug, so i can't help you.

spaceboy827

BTing and hacking, fun stuff
Years
hey zel, in your own opinion, if u had to, would you restart your file for B6 or keep your B5 one and patch B6 to it to keep your file?
anyone else can comment because it is really makeing me mad and it has actually strayed me away from a great game :(

XxOblivion77

All-Around Gamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Oh, good question.

I don't want to have to restart my SG save file AGAIN.

Unless there's something really cool, new and exciting.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2021
I have a problem... When evemts like the rockets in the rasio tower aren't siposed to hapen... They DO happen. I was minding my own buisness and went to the RT. I noticed the rockets in a place outside that inly happens later in the game. I then noticed the rockets in the radio tower. Other stuff happenes to like, the assistant in the PC without the first badge, thee slowpokes when not rescued, the Fearow event...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Let's start with choatix and then everyone else, ok?
I'm gonna answer with a spoiler this time so this post doesnt get too long.

don't you think you're being a bit mean with the game corner prizes?
The pokemon are all at level 5! Even in FR and Gold was not like this, was it?
Can't you change that? Spedning 9999 coins on a porygon and getting it at level 5? Come on...
What are the odds of wilds pokemon? What I mean by this is simply, there are 12 slots of pokemon and what are the odds of each pokemon appearing? For grass, water, tree and fishing.
CXos whatever the case is, you seem to spend FOREVER searching for rare pokemon like Pineco, Heracross, Exeggcute, Aipom, Volbeat, Ninjask, Shedinja, etc.
Does Nincada still create a Shedinja when it evolves?
And, is there a ThunderStone in the game other than the one from Bill's Grandpa? I want Raichu...
What pokemon is Bill's Grandpa after? Oddish first, but whats the star pokemon? I don't lniw if this is the case in B5, but in B4 Staryu or Starmie: it wasn't either. I was waiting for a thunderstone agian...
Can you make sleeping pokemon come out of headbutt trees? I'm gatheruing you can't, but it would be cool.
About Kurt and his custom pokeballs? Well, the Dive and Premier Balls are all the same as pokeballs in this game aren't they? Maybe you can chnage them, or replace them? And, while on that subject, what about this: I know it's Crystal, but can you make Kurt take ALL the apricorns of a colour and turn them all into balls in one time? Eg. if you have 4 Green Apricorns, you can give him all 4 to tyurn them all into Friend Balls. And, if you do not intend on changing them, maybe ask for confirmation before picking them, because accidently picking up a White or Yellow apricorn is annoying because I could just easily battle a trainer and get some money and then buy a pokeball. And maybe, insert the script that buying 10 pokeballs gives a free premier ball?
Do you know the odds of finding these dogs as you enter the maps?
How do you do the Ice Path puzzle in Victory Road? Your Strength rocks and Rock Smash rocks do not seem to stay where they are when you change maps, is that a glitch... it trapped me in the Trick House... but, how do you fget that item down the botom? (ive seen it in A.Map)
You know the guiy that sells Tiny Mushrooms... can't you make TinyMushrooms still be bought in the Maghoney Shop, so we can easily use the move relearner? Or make a place where only Paras and Parasect appear? (maybe Mt. Moon). After all, there was one in FR...
One more thing... I have so mnay things to ask, maybe you can make the rebattle trainers hold items, but the items they would give you before, or juts imple battle items. (like have the schoolboy on Route 36 having his tnagels or what not holding a fire stone (use thief to get it), or use trainers to hold sitrus berries in the E4. PET cannot do this, but trainer-edit can. Use that. D'u think it's a good idea?
pHEW... Thats it, I think... XD
for now.

Spoiler:

Some strange glitches I discovered today...
First, I used a phone booth and called my Memory 8. It was the right pesron talking, but then I got a rematch. However, it said 'National Park' for rematch, but he didn't wanrt to battle. However, the one in my memory slot above (7) wanted to battle... I think the too are mixed up...

Also, I found a trainer that doesn't face you, and he assks if you want his number, yet although I declined, he still aksed me if I wanted to delete my number afterwards...

And, I know I say a lot. But, as I said before, Shiny Gold is so brillant... now I'm staggering through Shiny Gold X... you know how to make a game hard. These screenshots came from X if you did to know that.

Waiting for lots of answers... but now I want more... LoL.
As a said in my very long post before, I asked the odds of finding the dogs? Different, but similar question... what is the odds of getting a rematch with a trainer with the phone booth?
Do you ever intend to but wild pokemon in the places with accessible water pools... like the hidden part of the National Park (where you beat a trainer to get a Treecko) and the water surronding the "Pillar of Wishes".
Helping you agian, like I did ikn my first post in this thread, have you started to change the auto-map scripts? Like when you go into Elm's Lab, Mr. Pokemon's House, Places where Carlos want to battle, etc. You should use map scripts, a simple part of Advance Map (not simple to me, I can't script LoL) that starts the event straight away instead of having to take a step out. For example, when you would battle Carlos in the 1st gym, you can simply leave agian before the battle, and I'm sure this is not intended. Maps Scripts is simple to find on the "Header" part of Advanced Map.

Thanks for taking the time to make this hack, and to answer all the questions I keep asking. I'll stop thinking of them, eventually. (...), that's a cool quote of the many words I did say LoL. Thats probably about 20 qyuestions now, so I think I'll just shut up now...

Spoiler:

the other marts are just fine that what makes it strange...and im sure i patched it well

Are you sure you are patching over the (U) version of FR? :\

another idea, perhaps, if you haven't figured it out...do something else with the credits? like, make it fly over goldenrod and other joto places aswell?

The credits fly over Kanto's maps automatically and there's no way (unless ASM can take care of it) to change that. That's why I'm not that worried about the credits (In fact, I know I still have to edit them to include all the people who have helped me :P)

Hey Zel, can you tell us the following:

What rocks do you plan to remove/make a map for the legendary or event for the next beta?

Hmmm... Oh well, only one, but it's not like I'll be removing it, someone's Pokemon will just take care of it *closes mouth*

Are there gonna be regi puzles like in emerald to get to them like using fly or wateva?

Yeah, at least for two of them. The other one will just be in the way I think.

Zel, I've got an idea, maybe you could add a peak of Mt. Silver and put something up there. :\

No, I dont think so, though it's a good idea, but I dont want to mess Kanto and Johto any more. I'll be a bit creative (just a bit) only in that third semi-region after the B6.

another bug:
when you reach indigo plateau if you open the fly menu you will be able to fly to pallet town (??? it think it doesnt just exist in b5), only its just a glithed version of new bark town, from wich you can fly to other johto cities and walking around (like normal johto), only when walking the routes no route/city popup will appear

Yeah, I blame some map which just sets the flag for Pallet's Flypost! Too bad that I could never spot which map it was.

That means that if someone there wants to give me a hand I'll be grateful. All you need is Surf (and Fly) and be checking constantly if you can spot at which moment Pallet's Flypost shows up. It probably could be one of the Pokemon Centers in Johto.

Sounds as if you patched over an old patched rom, that was proved time ago that the ?? sprites showed up because of that.

The downloads are correct. You are having another kind of problem there.

hey zel, in your own opinion, if u had to, would you restart your file for B6 or keep your B5 one and patch B6 to it to keep your file?
anyone else can comment because it is really makeing me mad and it has actually strayed me away from a great game :(

Hacker response: I know that Betas are supposed to have fixes in the future, so I am aware that I mustnt get attached to my Pokemon team. In fact, I'd prefer to restart the game and get less bugs later.

Gamer response: Restarting is not so nice, but, after having played Pokemon for one million times it's not like it'll change my life to restart. It'll be exciting to build my team once again (maybe improving it this time? who knows...) Of course, if I have played the game recently, then I'd wait a few months before playing again.
You could also wait till the final release is made, just like some people are doing.

Mew of Friendship (whom I couldnt quote): It seems as if flags have gotten crazy. But if everything's acting crazy, then it leads me to think you are having a patching problem. Are you sure you patched it over a Fire Red(U) rom? What kind of patching program did you use?

Ah, by the looks of it, you may be skipping to step on the Script Events that remove the corresponding sprites. Have you been using any kind of walkthrough code or something like that?

---

As update, not much, working on digging script as always, I think by now it has surpassed the Phone Booth script in length, and this is just the "settings" part, I havent started the part with the "action" -_-
Anyway, it's starting to look cool ;P

Satoshi-Ash

Master Chris
Years
I don't really want to play this hack because I'm playing Crystal right now, and it'd be a pain to get ALL the Pokemon I have in Crystal in SG. But, it does look good.

the almighty Zel fan

<-- I drew these guys in paint
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
is the crystal game a fire red hack?cuz if it is, u can use a .sav file of the rom hack and use it on SG!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2021
Well, Ze, I use Lunar IPS. I used it all the time, and I used the same place I ALWAYS get my FR rom and it ALWAYS worked... I wonder why not now...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Although I could be wrong, I've experienced some things like that after patching the same rom twice.

Did you patch over another SG Beta?

BTW, I've always wanted to ask. What do you have on your current team Zel?

I thought Pallet Town isn't available in B5 yet...
I thought the beta ends in Fuschia... :\

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
Zel, can you PLEASE send me the gym leader battle music? PLEASE!!

Also when will beta 6 be released?

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
I was wondering are we going to be able to go to Altomare. Or is it even considered part of Johto?

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
I thought Pallet Town isn't available in B5 yet...
I thought the beta ends in Fuschia... :\
Well, you're right. Thats why i was so surprised when i saw it first.
Yes, zel , i have patched over a clean (U) version (i first tried the (E) , but i quickly saw it didnt work), and no, i havent patched over (or even played, because when i found this relic hack B5 was alredy the current beta) a previous beta. It might be from playing in the mobile emu, but (obviously) this screenshots were taken playing in VBA...

Back