• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Hack name: Pokemon Firey birth, Frozen death

Hack of: Ruby

Finished percentage: Just starting, 15% of it on paper, not computer yet

Your hacking skills: Mapping, (sort of) Directing

What help or skill you're looking for: Everything

Additional contact information: send me an email at [email protected]

Additional information: Need a scripter badly. Going to be heavy in time travel.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2013
Hack Name : Pokemon Tempest
Hack Of : Leaf Green
Percentage Of Completion : 5% Only on paper
My Skills : I Can Write But I am Brain Dead When It Comes To Computers
Skills I Need : Everything That Has To Be Done On Computers
Contact Info : Just PM Me On This Website But If You Really Need To Contact Me Email [email protected]

Last edited:
Years
Hack name: Pokemon HP & The Sorcerers Stone

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed Version

Additional information about the hack: This hack, as well as the many more that will come later in the series, is based off the Harry Potter series. It will be very details and have many events so it may take a very long time to complete, even by normal rom hacking standards. I plan to have Hogwarts as the world map , with halls and rooms instead of the routes as towns. There will be many events in the game that follow the storyline and timeline of a conbination of the book and movie.

Finished percentage: 0 % I want a good team behind me before I begin

Your hacking skills: I can edit Pokemon and insert new pokemon, but not moves. I can map a bit , do some basic scripting , insert OW sprites, and pokemon battle sprites but not trainers.

What help or skill you're looking for: Pretty much all of them. But specially some advanced mappers, very good time Inserters/creators, definitely advanced scriptures . But like I said all help is appreciated.

Additional contact information: Obviously PM , retro share, gmail (PM me for it).

Additional information: that's all

Shitik

Generic Bio
Years
Hack Name: Pokémon Midnight Black & Pokémon Sinnoh Realms

Hacks Of: JPan's Hacked FireRed Engine

Additional Info Of the Hacks: (Midnight Black): This hack is based on a story about a boy, (Patrick), or a girl (Sabrina), who go around the Everyn Region for three reasons, to stop Team Necro, complete the Pokedex, and to be the best trainer in the league. Much more will be revealed.

(Sinnoh Realms): Pokémon Sinnoh Realms is about Ash's Journey in the Sinnoh Region feat. Dawn, Brock, Pikachu, and as you know, Ash. With every/most episodes and the movie events!
Credits of Inspiration goes to... Ash Gray, one of the best ROM Hacks I've played.

Finished Percentages: 0.0% (For both) I want a clean ROM before I start hacking.

Your Hacking Skills: Pretty much nothing; Mapping, Planning/Directing, Basic Talking Scripts, YAPE related stuff

What Help or Skill do you Need Help With: Scripting and Advanced Scripting, OW Editor/Inserter, Sprite Editor/Inserter (Pokémon and Trainers), Tileset Creator/Inserter, Titlescreen Editor, Music Remixer/Editor/Inserter, Battle Graphic editor, Tester, ASM and DNS editor, etc. And any other jobs.

Additional Contact Info: PM, Yahoo (PM me for it), and that's it.

Additional Info: These are the first ROM Hacks I am ever making that I want to publish so that is why I need a lot of help, plus I'm young and not that smart computer-wise.

Last edited:
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Skyward Winds

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed Version

Additional information about the Hack: This ROM hack is based on the Trinity of the 3 legendary birds and how when disturbed terrible weather patterns can occur. Its a very in depth story, with new gym leaders, and a new hero/heroine.

Finished percentage: 5% Need a new tileset before everything begins!

My Hacking Skills: I can map, sprite, edit trainers, and publicize the ROM on my youtube channel that has over 1K subs!

What I'm looking for: I am in great need of someone who can create custom tilesets. I am begging honestly for someone to help.

Additional contact information: Obviously PM, Youtube (HaxsaurusRex), E-mail (PM me for it).

Additional information: Your name will be featured in the trailer on mine and WaffleKings channel on Youtube where we both have over 1K subs, also you will be given credit for your work. Thank you@

soulryu

Pirate Trainer
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Celestial Blue

Additional information about the hack: The story will take place in a tropical island with four different seasons. The player has recently move to a family friend's cottage for vacation and want to explore the place and it weird habitat. the professor is on a research somewhere on the island and hasn't return for a while. You are asked to help look for him, but during your adventure you will come across many events that plays a major part to the story. No major bad guys on teams like "Team Rocket" but there will be different antagonist.The story is not the same as the current Pokemon games (think as it takes place in another universe) Example, no reference to any Pokemon game, Countries do exist because tourist vacation on the island, original character and more as you play.

Finished percentage: 5% - 15% Been doing some mapping and basic scripting

Your hacking skills: Tile inserting & Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting & Spriting

Additional contact information: Skype

Additional information: I'm experienced & have a good knowledge in Rom hacking

Years
Hey guys (girls included),

I am looking at creating a ROM hack, like no-one else has before, (a absolutely amazing one) the problem is I cant do it by my self, I have tried before (messing around) and it takes waaaaay to long and is actually harder than it sounds. This is my first post as I usually just come on here to check out other ROM hacks, some of which are good and others, well ... not. if you would help me out in any way I would appreciate it. Please pm me or contact me in some other way, I am on Skype most of the time and don't go bed till usually gone midnight (GMT) and am up pretty early.

Many thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2021
Hack name: Currently Undecided

Hack of: SoulSilver (HeartGold later)

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage: n/a (0.00%)

Your hacking skills: Probably the Storyline & some Spriting but inserting sprites is another thing

What help or skill you're looking for: Everything

Additional contact information: Please PM here

Additional information:

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I'm looking for some help with mapping and coming up with a story/script for my revived project.

Hack Name: Moemon!
Hack Of: Pokemon Emerald
Additional Info: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249387
Finished Percentage: Sprites are in place. Some mapping is done. Overall concept is in place. Maybe 30-50%ish? percent done in total?
Hacking Skills: I can use most of the hack tools, place tiles, insert sprites, etc.

Need Help With! Finishing this thing! I need help making some maps and creating a story to tie it all together.

Additional Contact Info: email [email protected]
Best way to reach me --> irc: mucus (I'm on the Pokecommunity channel)

Years
Hi all, I'm new to ROM hacking, so I need help with my first project. (No thread about it yet)
Hack name: Pokemon FoggyGreen (Working title)

Hack of: Pokemon LeafGreen

Additional information about the hack: In this hack, the pokemon and humans have switched places. (Pokemon train humans. I've seen a video of a hack like this somewhere but it's not playable nor a full game.) and if you're a boy, you play as Pikachu and recieve Ash as your starter, if you're a girl you play as Togepi and recieve Misty as your starter. Depending on who you choose, you can later catch Misty or Ash in an event. I also want to have various characters (Human and pokemon) from the Anime, Manga and games (Gens 1-4)

Finished percentage: 0.1% (I've only renamed Pallet town "Shiloh Town")

Your hacking skills: I'm good with Story/plotting as well as renaming the towns.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter, mapper, sprite editor (Overworld sprites edited to have the pokemon as the humans and to have Ash or Misty appear in the overworld for their event), inserting sprites, tile inserting, beta tester, ETC

Additional contact information: email me (My email is [email protected]) or PM me.

Additional information:
As I've said before, I am new to this whole rom hacking thing so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Maikass

Pokemon Addict
Years
hejj i really want to help u out:P but im not a proffesional i thought maybe u can teach me how to insert en edit soo i can be of use to u,

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Pokémon Hack help

Hack name: Pokemon Unova Mix

Hack of: Pokemon Fire red

Additional information about the hack: I started and then got caught up in something so it isn't started yet

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: I can insert sprites and change Over world spritea

What help or skill you're looking for: I need a Mapper for custom black and white tiles for GBA and a scripter. Maybe a music editor if anyone wants to help with that.

Additional contact information: Email; [email protected]

Additional information: I would love for you to help me with this. If it isn't too much I would like for the tiles to look like they came from black and white please. The region is still Kanto but a massive earthquake fused Unova and Kanto together. I shall call it New Unova/Kanto

Leaf Dragon

Leaf Dragon
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Ice Kingdom

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: New Region, New storyline, and the boy(hero) is half ditto, while the girl(hero) is an ice princess with magical powers.

Finished percentage: 5-20% (it varies because I have been restarting to insert the intro sprite, and tile graphics)

Your hacking skills: intermediate-advance scripter, fair spriter, great mapper, very imaginative person

What help or skill you're looking for: I need help inserting new graphic tiles and tying items to sprites (such as the bike; they select the bike and switch to a different sprite).
Also if anyone knows how to use the Day Night and Seasons Editor I would gladly accept their assistance.

Additional contact information: [email protected] and [email protected]

Additional information: My hack is going to be awesome.

There will be no Hm's. If the player selects boy, then they will be able to tranform many different pokemon as they collect POKEDNA; if they choose to be a girl they have magical powers and will learn and use spells instead of Hm's.

If I can, I will make the graphics similar to WesleyFG's. I already have the titlescreen parts: the version title, the background and the pokemon sprites picked out (but I need help inserting the titlescreen correctly).

BourbonWhiskey

Pokemon Trainer Since 1998
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2017
Hack name: Pokemon Stained Memories

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red Version

Additional information about the hack:

The Actual Introduction Synopsis:

The renowned member of Team Rocket, Alexander Black, (Also known as Black Flame) is the Boss' best bet in all the missions other Team Rocket members cannot handle. He is the Adam's favorite. (Giovanni's son, Adam, now rules Team Rocket, years after his death) He is considered to be stronger than any other members and possibly evenly matched with the Executives Giovanni has handpicked in his time. He is famous among everyone in the Team and considered to be a great threat among them. Alexander is serious in his work and does every mission bestowed upon him without hesitation for he has great confidence with his Pokemon. He is famous for his powerful main Pokemon, Arcanine. His teammate, Felix, is the only person Alexander truly trusts. He controls a Feraligatr as his main. The two have been close friends ever since they started training as a grunt. They built a friendship solid as rock that their Pokemon fights as one on the battlefield.

The evil inside Alexander starts to grow weak when he witnessed Adam dismissing one of his grunts because of a failed mission. Adam confiscated the grunt's Pokemon and cast him into the cold and unforgiving sea. The grunt adores Alexander very much but Alexander was helpless when Adam punished the grunt. He did not rebuked his Boss because he could not. He simply could not.

*The 2nd part of the introduction will be sent to those who are interested.

Finished percentage: Not starting yet. I only have the introduction plot in my head and some parts of the game. 1%

Your hacking skills:

If I were to study the scripting, I may be able to do the whole scripting.
I am not good with the mapping basics but I can try remodeling the existing maps.

What help or skill you're looking for:

Sprites and mapping. (Sprites including the Team Rocket's Alexander Black, Felix, and Adam. They must be Sprites that are unique for they are important. Of course, the main character's sprite must be unique as well)

I need almost everything because I only know how the story will go but have no training at all about the basics of doing maps, events, sprites, and the like. I need help in all aspects for I only have the story with me.

If I may be allowed to repeat.. I only have the story in me and nothing else. I need help.

Additional contact information:

Please do send me a message here. Private or visitor, it would not matter as long as you found the synopsis of my introduction interesting and would want to help me make it come true.

also, you can send me an email at [email protected]

Additional information:

Please do not hesitate to volunteer, for I will do my best to make a great story out of this game. I can only offer that and I need help with almost everything. I am very much thankful for those who will reply.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2016
Hack name: WaterBlue(tentative

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Start in Lavender Town

Finished percentage: maybe 1%

Your hacking skills: mapping, warp tiles

What help or skill you're looking for: scripting in general (especially gym battles)and spriting

Additional contact information: email: [email protected]

Additional information: Any help will be appreciated

Last edited:
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Stream

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: I have no hacking skills.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need help with pretty much everything.

Additional contact information: Email me at [email protected] if you want to help.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
Hack: Pokemon Johto Adventures (Or something - it takes place in Johto so that's the tentative name I've been using).

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Screenshots of what I've done so far:
Backup710.png
Backup7101.png
Backup7102.png
Backup7103.png
Backup7104.png
Backup7105.png
Backup7106.png
Backup7108.png
Backup7107.png

Additional information: The hack fully takes place in Johto, with a few new areas and an expanded plot. 15 years after the events of GSC/HGSS. It incorporates some elements of the Pokemon Adventures manga in it (which I haven't actually read, but I've read synopses and it seems pretty cool), and Pryce leads Neo Team Rocket on a search for Celebi throughout the region in an attempt to turn back time ostensibly to reinvigorate the old Team Rocket, but actually to save his Lapras (like in the manga). The player starts with a Tyrogue, since Team Rocket just stole the other starters from Prof. Elm's lab. Rival is Kris, from Crystal, who is now Elm's assistant.

Important new feature: Introducing alternate-typed Pokemon into the game. This means that a certain portion of certain Pokemon in certain areas will have a different typing, with a few different moves, than normal. For instance, some of the Rattata and Raticates in the Burned Tower will be Normal/Dark type instead of just Normal type. I'm using the Hoenn Pokemons' slots to make room for these (as well as the 4th gen evolutions of Johto Pokemon) since no Hoenn Pokemon will be in the game except Azurill and Wynaut.

Finished percentage: 3-5; I've completed everything through Route 30, so four areas.

My hacking skills: I'm a passable scripter and mapper. I can do most things alright, but my weaknesses are music and graphic changes (like sprite editing and tileset changing)

What I'm looking for: Mostly someone to help edit tilesets (I have the basic FR tileset still in place and I'd really like to switch it out for something cooler), possibly sprite edits, and help with maps is always nice, since they take a while, especially when I'm trying to somewhat replicate Johto maps. Music editing and insertion would also be really nice, since it is a Johto game and Johto music would make sense.

Additional contact information: Contact me here, on Skype at Clefable919, on email at [email protected], on YouTube at Clefable919.

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
Hack name: Rocket's Ambition

Hack of: Fire red

Additional information about the hack: basically, a pokemon game that is viewed from team rockets point of view.

Finished percentage:0

Your hacking skills: Well, I'm good at making stories but i have a mac so i cant really use advance map or anything.

What help or skill you're looking for: any and all

Additional contact information: my skype is stingrea1 just add me

Additional information: please help! I have a detailed storyline and everything is all planned out. I just dont know how to do anything.

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Spirit Silver

Hack of: Soul Silver

Additional information about the hack: Only wrote the storyline.

Finished percentage: (The whole story so i guess 10%)

Your hacking skills:Plot Writing

What help or skill you're looking for: Everything Else

Additional contact information:Contact me at [email protected]

Additional information:

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Alluring Pink

Additional information about the hack: Features Mew as the main legendary.

Finished percentage: 0.0 % (Just starting out)

Your hacking skills: Mapper

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter

Additional contact information: PM or e-mail: [email protected] (But please just reply to this.)

Additional information: I just want ANY kind of help. Please be friendly, I'm a tiny bit new to hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back