• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2016
Guys, I needa restart the game again because prof birch didn't call me after I beat the E4. I noticed you get a ton of free pokes you can use, so would it be wise to just keep Paras/Qwilfish and MysteryEgg in my team only? I know there's Areo, the camera thing, Toxicroak, and that legendary you need explosion for but can get before the E4, would those be good additions to my team by the team I'm able to get them?

Years
Guys, I needa restart the game again because prof birch didn't call me after I beat the E4. I noticed you get a ton of free pokes you can use, so would it be wise to just keep Paras/Qwilfish and MysteryEgg in my team only? I know there's Areo, the camera thing, Toxicroak, and that legendary you need explosion for but can get before the E4, would those be good additions to my team by the team I'm able to get them?

Whoa whoa wait! Did you try walking south when you exited the E4 building? You get the phonecall a step or two down.

But if you already restarted, well, it's up to you. Of course, training a lower-leveled Pokemon is stronger than catching a higher-leveled one, usually. I think I remember trying to use Aerodactyl before ditching it for Skarmory since it kept fainting/not having a good movepool. The camera Pokemon looks decent from what I've seen, and I'm not sure about Toxicroak.

The legendary, Luca Zamon, though, I hear can't learn any new moves as it levels up. I can't remember if it's moveset is all that decent but, like I said, it's up to you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
Yoshichao, the same thing happened to me.

I fly back but don't get the phone call.

Fixes?

edit: yes i know it's supposed to be a few steps down. No i'm not on superspeed.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
I think that there is a bug with either gyrados's bite or the move fury dance (dragon dance). The attack never does as much damage is it should from his base attack, and it does the same damage no matter how much i boost my attack from fury dance. any help?

Years
I think that there is a bug with either gyrados's bite or the move fury dance (dragon dance). The attack never does as much damage is it should from his base attack, and it does the same damage no matter how much i boost my attack from fury dance. any help?

That's not a bug. In 3rd Generation games, Bite was Special, because it's a Dark-type move. In that generation, Dark-type moves are always special. Dragon Dance boosts your Attack, so it does not have any effect on Bite...

NaceDaAce

Competitive WiFi Battler
Years
Can I get Kenchuko? And if so where? It's been raping me almost every time I fight the deadly seven so I think it'd be a good addition to my team.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2016
Yea, I did walk down a couple steps. It seems that it happens sometimes. I just got a new ruby ROM to patch and restarted. And once I catch a Pokemon, I grind it up, along with the rest of my party, because that's just how I am, so EVs aren't a problem (if they ever were.) And Luca Zamon's moveset when you catch it is DD, refresh, Dragon Claw, and Ice Beam. And it can learn Fire Blast. But if what you say is true, then I'll stay away from using it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
Help me pretty please! I got dropped off on route whatever after fixing the sub and instead of going right, i went left and down the waterfall like a dumbass how do i get back???? it's NORTH of slateport

nevermind i bashed a crate with a spanner

Last edited:
Years
Uhm can someone tell me which version of the ruby rom i need, i tried patching one but got a white screen so that means i got the wrong ruby rom

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2021
Can I get Kenchuko? And if so where? It's been raping me almost every time I fight the deadly seven so I think it'd be a good addition to my team.
It's in the map (the one with the medical bag) before the electric tree on Mt. Pyre.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2012
When I try to open it using VisualBoy Advance it says that the ips file is not supported. Please help.

HyperKiller

What if..?
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
Hey guys i found a way to avoid that.. *shiver* zombification... name your pokemon,thats it.Hoped this helped! and in the route after the forest theres a pikachu i think (not the head, a live tasty one =P)

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
I cant find the Brain Link or whatever the name is. Need it to train some poke. if anyone nows could tell me?

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
what do i do after i beat the deadly seven all in a row in lilycove and saw landon at the museum?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2012
this is a hack of firered or ruby?
i like the concept keep up the good job ^_^

Back