• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Which Version Will You Get?

Which Version Will You Choose?

• Pokémon X

Votes: 85 36.8%
  • Pokémon Y

Votes: 92 39.8%
  • Both

Votes: 50 21.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i will probably get y because i liked yveltal better than xerneas but both of them look pretty cool imo

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
Pokemon Y, because X's legendary looks like an ugly hodgepodge of Dialga, Sawsbuck, and the evil Groudon from Jirachi Wishmaker.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I like both, but since Yveltal caught my eye first, I might get Pokemon Y. That is, if I manage to get a 3DS first. -_-;

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
I'm going to get both, but I only pre-ordered Y. I'm getting both because the new legendaries look Hella-freakin awesome! I like the way they actually detailed the new legends. They look exotic. I can't wait till they release the game.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Both becaus eif im having trouble in one game i can always transfer pokemon from the other. also i liked Froakie and Chespin so ill get one of them in each game and ive heard one of the 2 rivals is giving you his starter so ill get Fennekin too! TOTAL PACKAGE

Years
As much as I would love to obtain both X and Y, I'm probably gonna get Y because Yveltal is just plain awesome in design.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
Years
Both. I've already got them pre-ordered. I've got all the main Pokemon games thus far; why stop now.
As for which I'll play first/more? Probably Y.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
X. Xerneas is the very first legendary I've ever felt was actually mythical in appearance and aura... Yveltal, like all other legendaries, not so much. But that's just me.

~Hikozaru~

Chimchar Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
There's no way of telling because we don't know what Pokemon are in either of them (by this I mean version only Pokemon), but so far I'm leaning toward Y!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I'm taking Y, because Yveltal's cool...and I'd like to break my "tradition"...after all this time, I've always taken the first of the duo. (example, taking HG, not SS)

Years
I think I'll be getting X, I'm not entirely sure but Xerneas look's awesome. Both Xerneas and Yveltal look awesome but I'm leaning towards X.

Nakala Pri

i will probably get y because i liked yveltal better than xerneas but both of them look pretty cool imo

X carries Yveltal, Y carries Xearneas. Easy mistake with the colors and all, though. :P

I am so getting X! :D I want Yveltal, not some creepy, fiery/dragon-like city terrorizer. >:c

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
X carries Yveltal, Y carries Xearneas. Easy mistake with the colors and all, though. :P

I am so getting X! :D I want Yveltal, not some creepy, fiery/dragon-like city terrorizer. >:c

I think you're actually mistaking the legendaries, Yveltal is the big dragon-bird, and Xerneas is the deer. So X is for Xerneas and Y is for Yveltal. Thy're on the boxart after all.

That being said, I'm probably getting X, though I'll wait some more to see any other differences between the games.

Back