• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genaration 6 "Wants"

which new or old feature would you like to see in Generation 6?

• Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS

Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Berry Trees Back

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Multiple Regions

Votes: 117 60.9%
  • Battle Frontier return

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • New Starter types

Votes: 75 39.1%
  • Dark type Gym Leader

Votes: 100 52.1%
  • Tournament instead of elite four

Votes: 60 31.3%
  • Return of team rocket

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • New eeveelutions

Votes: 92 47.9%
  • New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)

Votes: 106 55.2%
  • All

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 44 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

The all inevitable Generation 6 may be a few years away, especially if we get the much hyped Hoenn Remakes. But in that time Game Freak has to be thinking of new ideas or thinking of older mechanics or features to implement in the new games.

So I was wondering which of the following would you like to see, if you want more than one just explain in your post, or if you have an unlisted idea please say it I would love to hear a large collaboration ideas.

• Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS
  • Berry Trees Back
  • New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)
  • Multiple Regions
  • Battle Frontier return
  • New Starter types
  • Dark type Gym Leader
  • Tournament instead of elite four
  • Return of team rocket
  • New eeveelutions
  • New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
Personally I would like to see a tournament style championship instead of the elite four.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I really don't want the follow me feature back. It was a pain and annoying. Leave it to Yellow and the Generation 2 Remakes.

Only see berry trees coming back in Remakes. Don't see them being of any use other than that since they were pretty much removed in the remakes and completely removed from the games in Gen 5.

Don't want a full team in battle.

Multi-region is boring and a really bad excuse to extend the postgame play.

Kinda hope for the Battle Frontier. Don't mind what we already have in play, but hope for the Frontier to return. Though that won't be until the Third or the Remakes.

Starters will remain Grass/Fire/Water. Its the most basic line up. There aren't many other types that make the perfect triangle. They won't ever change the types for starters.

Dark Gym...YES.YES.YES!

No...no tournament. I play games that ends with a tournament and they are horrible. Leave the E4. Its a staple to the general theme of Championship qualifiers.

Return of TR would only work in Johto/Kanto as that is their home regions (IMO).

Kinda tired of Eevolutions. Happy with the ones we have don't really need to have one for all 17 types. Would only cause mayhem when they add more types in the distant future.

The current storyline is what defines the games as they are now. Changing anything but the Protag's age would make the games boring. The goal to new trainers is to take on the league and become a champion. I don't see that ever changing.

Sirfetch’d

I really don't want the follow me feature back. It was a pain and annoying. Leave it to Yellow and the Generation 2 Remakes.

Only see berry trees coming back in Remakes. Don't see them being of any use other than that since they were pretty much removed in the remakes and completely removed from the games in Gen 5.

Don't want a full team in battle.

Multi-region is boring and a really bad excuse to extend the postgame play.

Kinda hope for the Battle Frontier. Don't mind what we already have in play, but hope for the Frontier to return. Though that won't be until the Third or the Remakes.

Starters will remain Grass/Fire/Water. Its the most basic line up. There aren't many other types that make the perfect triangle. They won't ever change the types for starters.

Dark Gym...YES.YES.YES!

No...no tournament. I play games that ends with a tournament and they are horrible. Leave the E4. Its a staple to the general theme of Championship qualifiers.

Return of TR would only work in Johto/Kanto as that is their home regions (IMO).

Kinda tired of Eevolutions. Happy with the ones we have don't really need to have one for all 17 types. Would only cause mayhem when they add more types in the distant future.

The current storyline is what defines the games as they are now. Changing anything but the Protag's age would make the games boring. The goal to new trainers is to take on the league and become a champion. I don't see that ever changing.

I agree with you a lot. I don't want most of the things that I put in the poll. I was just listing the possible things that could happen for better or worse.
The tournament, dark gym, and frontier are the main things I would like to see. Not a fan of multiple regions either.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Let's go down the list here...

*Pokemon following you around* Hell yes. Doesn't serve much of a purpose but hey I thought the feature was really cool just for the sake of having your favorite Pokemon walk around with you. Voted for.

*Berry trees* What's a berry tree? A tree that grows berries? Nah, that can't possibly be it. Are they those apricorn things you use to make Pokealthlon drinks? Didn't vote.

*New battle system* No, I thought the double battle was enough, Triple is fine but pushing it, any more is kind of a bad idea to me.

*Multiple regions* Well if it's a remake like HGSS then sure, but for 6th gen I don't think two regions should be incorporated. It would be cool to make the region significantly bigger than other gens though, but that's wishful thinking :3 No vote.

*Battle Frontier Return* Was that the thing in Soul Silver? Where there were a bunch of themed areas? I think they should make a new battle... place... didn't vote.

*New Starter Types* Absolutely not, stick with tradition. No vote.

*Dark-type Gym* Sure, why not? I forgot if picked this one or not but I should've.

*Tournament* Eh... I'm neutral on it. No vote.

*Return of Team Rocket* Nooo way sucka. They already had their little arch, it's someone new's turn. No vote.

*New Eeveelutions* I kind of like what 5th gen did with not making evolutions for any of the past gens but being its own thing. I wouldn't really mind it, though. No vote though.

*New storyline* Kinda risky and untraditional, but sure! Voted yes.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Keep in mind that this extends beyond the games since it's in Pokemon General. If people keep focusing solely on the games I'd be happy to move it to Pokemon Gaming Central though, so I'll keep an eye out :)

Sirfetch’d

Keep in mind that this extends beyond the games since it's in Pokemon General. If people keep focusing solely on the games I'd be happy to move it to Pokemon Gaming Central though, so I'll keep an eye out :)

I originally wanted this in Gaming Central. Could you possibly move it there anyway please? Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS I want this back
Berry Trees Back Don't have an opinion on this
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.) Nope too much at the same time
Multiple Regions Yes i miss this having different regions
Battle Frontier return Definitely yes
New Starter types Yes tired of Fire/fighting starters give us something new
Dark type Gym LeaderYes and a steel type gym too
Tournament instead of elite four No having Elite 4 and world tournament is awesome
Return of team rocketDon t see how this brings something new
New eeveelutions Yes i am kinda surprised gen 5 did not get anything new to the eevee evolutions
New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys) This wont change , but new side stories would be good and optional quests

Other:
-New forms ( male kangaskhan /Crystal onix / Dark Lugia are examples )
-Random match revamp with a rule selecting filter like the one we have against friends and less restrictions on items and special pokemon ( witch have to be in the filters aswell ( 3 pokemon limit on single battles sucks )
-Moovepool fixed on some pokemons and stats ( why too many examples about this )
-Why only 6 pokemons in party ?
-Bring back some Tm's
-Co-op in the main story line and having you and your friend battling waves of opponents on a world ranking system
-Get rid of HM's on things like fly , flying Pokemon know how to fly and water pokemon know how to swim , use HM's only if you want to teach an actual attack (basically turn then into TM's)

Sirfetch’d

-Get rid of HM's on things like fly , flying Pokemon know how to fly and water pokemon know how to swim , use HM's only if you want to teach an actual attack (basically turn then into TM's)

Completely agree, didn't think of that one but it makes perfect sense.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
Well I chose

Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS I think this function is just super cool they should implement it with a option to disable it if you don't want to.

New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.) I would love to see how this works it sounds interesting other systems I would love to try.

Multiple Regions Make a Pokemon game with like multi locations more like GTA it might be long but it would be cool.

New Starter types I think the Fire Water Grass types are getting boring try implementing new types in the starter system.

Dark type Gym Leader There has never been a dark type gym YYYYY!

Return of team rocket And where did TR go we need the return of TR stronger and better than before.

New eeveelutions I would love to see a Steele type eevee make one for every type I say.

New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
Now this one is the problem thank god for black/white the first Pokemon game with a Decent storyline lets just hope the trend continues.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Pokemon following you: No thanks, it was a nice addition in Yellow, bit of a nuicence in HG/SS. But I wouldn't mine if they added a little area like in D/P/PT. I wouldn't mind that at all. ♥
Berry trees back: Like johto, the nuts where Kurt(?) made Pokéballs or like Hoenn? I liked how Hoenn had the berrys you could pick.
New battle system: Nonono. Double Battles a bit annoying, but i'm fine. Haven't been in a triple yet. But we got enough. A new way to battle though... nevermind.
Multiple Regions: Not a fan, but if we take a boat to a plane to like a island, or a few. like a mini-region. That would be fun.
Battle Frontier return: Yes, like the Hoenn one, that was the best.
New starter types: Keep it Grass/Water/Fire. But no more Fire/Fighting.
Dark type Gym Leader: I always thought Dark as just a E4 thing, but why not!
Tournament instead of Elite Four: E4 is tradional, and great. Tournament will take too long, but I wonder how it would play out.
Return of Team Rocket: Oh gosh, perhaps... I don't know. How many evil teams can there be? We're at...9?
New Eeveelutions: I would love some new ones like bug or so and so. Maybe a copy of Eevee for those types. I don't know. Wouldn't mind it.
New storyline: No comment.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS - Sure, why not? It's an interesting feature.
Berry Trees Back - I don't know, it is a great idea, I never really liked the berry trees, though. So no...
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.) - No! Why would anyone want that? The old battle system is awesome enough.
Multiple Regions - Yes! Give us 3 regions to walk on, and beat all the gym leaders! Plus the Sevii islands, plus other random islands! The more you can walk and discover stuff, the better!
Battle Frontier return - Why not? The battle frontier was great.
New Starter types - Anything goes, really, as long as it works as rock/paper/scissors (But if they decide to keep the original grass/fire/water, no more fire/fighting!)
Dark type Gym Leader - Yeah, again, why not? Dark is one of my favorite types, and an awesome gym leader with that type would be great :)
Tournament instead of elite four - Eeeh.... how about both? The winner of the tournament gets to face the E4?
Return of team rocket - Yes, there could be a great story about why they've returned and such.
New eeveelutions - Okay, I'd be surprised if anyone says "no" to this.
New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys) - No...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I originally wanted this in Gaming Central. Could you possibly move it there anyway please? Thanks.

tumblr_lyhxf2ls3s1rn1ww4o1_500.gif

Moving to Pokemon Gaming Central as requested.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS: I loved this! I hope we gonna see this again, but I don't think so.
Berry Trees Back: Yes! I hate the Dream World! It's annoying that you have to visit the DW for berries.
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.): No, please not. 3 is much enough.
Multiple Regions: Okay! But not the old ones, new Regions! The 3DS should have enough space.
Battle Frontier return: The Battle Frontier was much fun, and I hope it will return.
New Starter types: No, I like Plant/Fire/Water, but please not again Fire/Fight type!
Dark type Gym Leader: Nothing against
Tournament instead of elite four: No tournament. I prefer Elite Four, and we all know, that there will never be a tournament.
Return of team rocket: No, they are boring.
New eeveelutions: I would like a Dragon or Steel eeveelution!
New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys): Why not?
The main legendary?: Dragon/Plant! and Dragon/Dark! Maybe the story of light and nature or night and city! But thats like Reshiram and Zekrom. Please any Dragon/Plant pokemon and maybe not like everytime a main legendary dragon. There are too much.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Completely agree, didn't think of that one but it makes perfect sense.

Having to use HM mules is a waste of slot on the pokemons you can carry and waste of move slot aswell
I just makes no dam sense the exitence of this system:
Here you go you passed x gym here is your badge and your pokemon are now allowed to fly. the first time i played a pokemon game and saw this i tought wtf?

blue

gucci
Years
I think 3 V 3 is bordering on too much so 6 V 6 would just take up too much space and be very confusing. As for the follow me feature I would LOVE to see that returned, especially to see the Gen V Pokemon OW sprites.

Years
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS
Oh yeah, that was cool.

Berry Trees Back
I honestly never cared.

New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.)
NO. WAY TOO HECTIC.

Multiple Regions
Oh yeah.That would be EPIC.

Battle Frontier return
Yeah. Battle Frontier was fun.

New Starter types
Definitely a good idea. The same Grass, Fire, and Water starters were getting old. Especially since the 5th Generation starters were LAME.

Dark type Gym Leader
I really want one. I like dark-types.

Tournament instead of elite four
I honestly don't know how that's supposed to work out.

Return of team rocket
I never liked Team Rocket. Just keeping Jessie, James, and Meowth in the anime is enough for me.

New eeveelutions
Eeveelutions are awesome. Some would 7 is enough. I would like to see another 1 or 2.

New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys)
This storyline is getting as stale as the classic Megaman games. A new story would be a breath of fresh air if they do it right.

There are my opinions on this. :)

Sirfetch’d

I see that new starter types is getting a lot of love. I am on the fence on this one, but it actually might work if they went with the Psychic-Fighting-Dark triangle. Any other triangle would seem weird and probably wouldn't work.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
  • Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS: Appsolutely! That's one of the main reason I keep going back to HG.
  • Berry Trees Back: I don't really use em, but they do look nice.
  • New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.): I love 3v3, but I think anymore than that wouldn't work as well
  • Multiple Regions: I think if the first region is good enough, it doesn't need a second one. That being said, more is better.
  • Battle Frontier return: Could care less, to tell ya the truth
  • New Starter types: Secondary sure, but not primary. Fire, Water and Grass are timeless, and work better than anything else
  • Dark type Gym Leader: I'd like to see it
  • Tournament instead of elite four: Once again, if done well, it would be great
  • Return of team rocket: That would be fine with me, for sure
  • New eeveelutions: I don't think so. Maybe a new pokemon like eevee to branch out, but I think it might be overdoing it to add more eevees.
  • New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys): On the fence here. Wouldn't mine that though
I have a long list, but I can't think if em now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back