• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leveling and Mastering Pokemon Attacks!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
First of all, I'm new to this Community and I'm not really certain if this is the right Thread to post this in, however I have some, I believe pretty new idea, which many people may utilize in future pokemon hacks.

My Idea is that, the more an Attack is used by the Pokemon, the stronger/better the Attack gets.​
Ranging from Level Zero to Ten
----------------------------------------------------------------​

I'll be using the Phrase "Hidden Potential" with that I mean Attacks which not only damage the Target, but also have an additional chance of doing something.

Example 1: Ember has a 10 % chance of burning the enemy.

Example 2: Icebeam has a 10% chance of freezing the enemy.
Example 3: Thunder has a 30% Chance of paralyzing the enemey.

I'll provide you 3 examples with 3 different types of Attacks!​

1. Normal Attacks

*note: these kind of attacks should gain a consistent power boost of 2 per Level, while later on gaining a new Hidden Potential.*

Scratch

Level 0: Power = 40 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 35 / Considered an Physical Attack with no Hidden Potential.
Level 1: Power = 42 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 35 / Considered an Physical Attack with no Hidden Potential.
Level 2: Power = 44 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 37 / Considered an Physical Attack with no Hidden Potential.
Level 3: Power = 46 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 37 / Considered an Physical Attack with no Hidden Potential.
Level 4: Power = 48 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 39 / Considered an Physical Attack with no Hidden Potential.
Level 5: Power = 50 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 39 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 2% chance of causing a bleeding wound on the target which deals 1/16 HP per round.
Level 6: Power = 52 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 41 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 4% chance of causing a bleeding wound on the target which deals 1/16 HP per round.
Level 7: Power = 54 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 41 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 6% chance of causing a bleeding wound on the target which deals 1/16 HP per round.
Level 8: Power = 56 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 43 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 8% chance of causing a bleeding wound on the target which deals 1/16 HP per round.
Level 9: Power = 58 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 43 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 10% chance of causing a bleeding wound on the target which deals 1/16 HP per round.
Level 10 / Master: Power = 60 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 45 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 10% chance of causing a bleeding wound on the target which deals 1/8 HP per round.

As you can see, from Level 5 on I added a new Hidden Potential to the Attack Scratch.​

More Examples of logically possible new Hidden Potentials:

Bind:
At Level 5 the enemies Speed gets reduced by 50 % for as long as Bind is persistent.
At Level 10 the enemies Speed gets reduced by 100 % for as long as Bind is persistent.

Rapid Spin:
At Level 5 you have a 20 % chance of your Speed getting increased by 50 %.
At Level 10 you have a 50 % chance of your Speed getting increased by 50 %.

2. Normal Attacks with already existing Hidden Potentials

Headbutt

Level 0: Power = 70 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 15 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 30 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch.
Level 1: Power = 71 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 15 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 31 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch.
Level 2: Power = 72 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 15 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 32 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch.
Level 3: Power = 73 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 15 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 33 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch.
Level 4: Power = 74 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 15 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 34 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch.
Level 5: Power = 75 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 15 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 35 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch and a 5 % chance of the user getting confused.
Level 6: Power = 76 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 14 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 36 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch and a 10 % chance of the user getting confused.
Level 7: Power = 77 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 13 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 37 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch and a 15 % chance of the user getting confused.
Level 8: Power = 78 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 12 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 38 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch and a 20 % chance of the user getting confused.
Level 9: Power = 79 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 11 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 39 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch and a 25 % chance of the user getting confused.
Level 10 / Master: Power = 80 / Accuracy = 100 / PP = 10 / Considered an Physical Attack with a 40 % chance of causing the enemy to flinch and a 30 % chance of the user getting confused.

*note: Attacks from this category should not get too much of a Power extension, as you can see I only gave +1 Power per Level and made it a double edged sword from Level 5 on, mainly because it would be too OP left like that, it needs to have high profit and high risk, btw the PP got reduced too*

More examples for extending the already given Hidden Potentials in this category:

Focus Blast:
At Level 5 you have an Accuracy of 80 % and a Power of 130 and your Pokemon has a 25 % chance of collapsing and needs to regain consciousness by waiting 1 turn.
At Level 10 you have an Accuracy of 90 % and a Power of 150 and your Pokemon has a 50 % chance of collapsing and needs to regain consciousness by waiting 1 turn.

Fire Fang:
At Level 5 you have an Accuracy of 95 % and a Power of 70 and your Pokemon has a 10 % chance of loosing a tooth and thus loosing 1/16 of his HP.
At Level 10 you have an Accuracy of 100 % and a Power of 80 and your Pokemon has a 20 % chance of loosing an important tooth and thus loosing 1/8 of his HP.

Bug Bite:
At Level 5 it has a Power of 65 and your Pokemon has a 10 % chance of inflicting the enemy pokemon with a virus causing it to drop its Defense and Special Defense Stats by 50 %.
At Level 10 it has a Power of 70 and your Pokemon has a 15 % chance of inflicting the enemy pokemon with a virus causing it to drop its Defense and Special Defense Stats by 50 %.

3. Status Attacks

Recover

Level 0: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 10 / Heals the User for 50 % of its max HP.
Level 1: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 10 / Heals the User for 51 % of its max HP.
Level 2: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 11 / Heals the User for 52 % of its max HP.
Level 3: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 11 / Heals the User for 53 % of its max HP.
Level 4: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 12 / Heals the User for 54 % of its max HP.
Level 5: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 12 / Heals the User for 55 % of its max HP and also makes the User immune to Status changing Attacks for 1 Round after Usage.
Level 6: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 13 / Heals the User for 56 % of its max HP and also makes the User immune to Status changing Attacks for 1 Round after Usage.
Level 7: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 13 / Heals the User for 57 % of its max HP and also makes the User immune to Status changing Attacks for 1 Round after Usage.
Level 8: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 14 / Heals the User for 58 % of its max HP and also makes the User immune to Status changing Attacks for 2 Rounds after Usage.
Level 9: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 14 / Heals the User for 59 % of its max HP and also makes the User immune to Status changing Attacks for 2 Rounds after Usage.
Level 10 / Master: Accuracy = 100 / PP = 15 / Heals the User for 60 % of its max HP and also makes the User immune to Status changing Attacks for 3 Round after Usage.

*This means after Using Recover, the User can't get paralyzed, burned, freezed or poisoned for the next 3 rounds, however the User can be sent to sleep and will sleep for atleast 4 rounds. Confusion and Flinching are still possible in those 3 Rounds*

More Examples:

Hypnosis:
At Level 5 you have an Accuracy of 70 % and your enemy is ensured to sleep for atleast 3 rounds.
At Level 10 you have an Accuracy of 80 % and your enemy is ensured to sleep for atleast 4 rounds.

Bulk Up:
At Level 5 your PP gets 25 and the User has a 2.5 % chance of getting a torn muscle by too much flexing xd, causing it to lose 1/2 of its Attack.
At Level 10 your PP gets 30 and the User has a 5 % chance of getting a torn muscle by too much flexing xd, causing it to lose 1/2 of its Attack.

How to level the Attacks:

All Attacks start with Level Zero.

0 To 1 = The Attack needs to be used 20 Times.
1 To 2 = The Attack needs to be used 30 Times.
2 To 3 = The Attack needs to crit 20 Times. (Attacks that can't Crit need to be used 30 Times instead)
3 To 4 = The Attack needs to crit 30 Times. (Attacks that can't Crit need to be used 30 Times instead)
4 To 5 = The Attack needs to be used 60 Times.
5 To 6 = 50 Pokemon, which are Level 35 or above, need to be defeated by the Attack. (Attacks which don't deal any damage have to be used 50 Times instead).
6 To 7 = 100 Pokemon, which are Level 40 or above, need to be defeated by the Attack. (Attacks which don't deal any damage have to be used 60 Times instead).
7 To 8 = 150 Pokemon, which are Level 45 or above, need to be defeated by the Attack. (Attacks which don't deal any damage have to be used 70 Times instead).
8 To 9 = 200 Pokemon, which are Level 50 or above, need to be defeated by the Attack. (Attacks which don't deal any damage have to be used 80 Times instead).
9 To 10 = 300 Pokemon, which are Level 60 or above, need to be defeated by the Attack. (Attacks which don't deal any damage have to be used 100 Times instead).

This would enable some serious grinding in Pokemon, and I think the difficulty should be set way harder if this was implemented in a game.

Open to any feedback, hit me up with good suggestions and i'll maybe start a fangame with this feature.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2023
I like the ideas of these, although what would happen for things like Zap Cannon? Would they gain more PP and get a charge effect, or something like that? Would Inferno grant a Flash Fire boost?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
I like the ideas of these, although what would happen for things like Zap Cannon? Would they gain more PP and get a charge effect, or something like that? Would Inferno grant a Flash Fire boost?

I would not change all Attacks completly.
Zap Cannon is already really good, because if it hits, it deals a good amount of damage and paralyzes, however the 50 % Accuracy makes the Attack quite risky. It's a good mix between an extremly rewarding Attack and a 50 % Chance to completly waste a turn. Same goes for Inferno.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 11, 2017
Awesome idea!
But sounds pretty complex, although I have no clue about that really... I am at the very start of learning about hacking.
Have you already started with this project?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 27, 2023
Looks good! But I bet it's going to be really difficult to balance this with all the moves available for Pokemon. Definitely adds more RPG element to the game.

One thing that concerns me is that this might make battles more luck based than they already are. Since most changes are percent based and are really powerful when it procs.

Back