• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kalos Warriors: Generation 6 fan club

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Preferred Username: Gelius3
Partner Pokemon: Mega Rayquaza (If not possible make it Mega Hoopa)
Answer Topic: I will risk and say that is Klefki (I don't know if its wrong) because it is a key and its stats are not the most popular...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Gelius! We're happy to have you here!

If any of us don't mind, would it be all right if I had gone ahead and introduced a new topic? In generation six, what previous-gen Pokémon would we have liked to see an evolution to? What Pokémon would it be, how would it look, and what would we call it? How would its stats seem, and what kind of moves would it have access to? What about pre-evolution?

As for me, I believe it would have been rather nice if they were able to give us an evolution to Breloom. Although it's quite powerful on its own, an evolution would make it even better. Its design would look slim and speedy, I imagine, and to complement, its stats would resembling it; it'd be gaining boost in Speed and Attack, and would be getting decrease in Defense and Special Defense. As far as moves go, it'd be gaining access to more fighting-type attacks, such as Vacuum Wave.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Preferred Username: Arylett. Just put Arylett there. I'm not too keen on the Dawnsborough these days.

Partner Pokémon: Braixen~!

Answer the current topic: I would've liked to have seen an evolution to Mightyena. It is one of my absolute favorites, but just so statistically weak and impractical to make use of. I've tried so many times and have never figured out a way where it didn't end with it dying within the first two seconds of the battle. Plus, there's so much you could do with that design! (Like a werehyena/wolf-type concept is one I've seen and been partial to myself) It already looks pretty fully-evolved, but there is room for improvement. Much room. Just such a shame that something so cool-looking had to be shafted in battle. Not only that, but this new evolution would fit handily with the Hoenn remakes.

I imagine its Attack and Speed could be increased, and maybe Defense if it's a kind of bulky-looking design. Though I think it'd be a more sleek-looking werewolf. Sinister and malicious-looking, with a sort of violent personality. Werewolf would be befitting of its Dark-type, but still with hyena traits.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred Username: Gelius3
Partner Pokemon: Mega Rayquaza (If not possible make it Mega Hoopa)
Answer Topic: I will risk and say that is Klefki (I don't know if its wrong) because it is a key and its stats are not the most popular...

Welcome to the club. Mega Rayquaza is awesome but too much for a normal battle. I have used him only once and he is a powerhouse like no other. Klefki is one of the strangest creations, but it can be worked if used right. Not a lot of people like him though.

Welcome to the club, Gelius! We're happy to have you here!

If any of us don't mind, would it be all right if I had gone ahead and introduced a new topic? In generation six, what previous-gen Pokémon would we have liked to see an evolution to? What Pokémon would it be, how would it look, and what would we call it? How would its stats seem, and what kind of moves would it have access to? What about pre-evolution?

As for me, I believe it would have been rather nice if they were able to give us an evolution to Breloom. Although it's quite powerful on its own, an evolution would make it even better. Its design would look slim and speedy, I imagine, and to complement, its stats would resembling it; it'd be gaining boost in Speed and Attack, and would be getting decrease in Defense and Special Defense. As far as moves go, it'd be gaining access to more fighting-type attacks, such as Vacuum Wave.

How about these Breloom "evolutions"? The last 2 are custom Mega evolutions.
Fungaloom_by_JESGRAD07.jpg
mega_breloom_by_phatmon66-d77lpgg.png
mega_breloom_v_2_by_phatmon66-d7no7m2.png

Preferred Username: Arylett. Just put Arylett there. I'm not too keen on the Dawnsborough these days.

Partner Pokémon: Braixen~!

Answer the current topic: I would've liked to have seen an evolution to Mightyena. It is one of my absolute favorites, but just so statistically weak and impractical to make use of. I've tried so many times and have never figured out a way where it didn't end with it dying within the first two seconds of the battle. Plus, there's so much you could do with that design! (Like a werehyena/wolf-type concept is one I've seen and been partial to myself) It already looks pretty fully-evolved, but there is room for improvement. Much room. Just such a shame that something so cool-looking had to be shafted in battle. Not only that, but this new evolution would fit handily with the Hoenn remakes.

I imagine its Attack and Speed could be increased, and maybe Defense if it's a kind of bulky-looking design. Though I think it'd be a more sleek-looking werewolf. Sinister and malicious-looking, with a sort of violent personality. Werewolf would be befitting of its Dark-type, but still with hyena traits.

Welcome to the club. Braixen is awesome. Can't wait until Serena's Fennekin evolves into it in the anime. I agree, Mightyena needs an evolution and/or a serious stat and move set boost. I found some cool custom Mega drawings of Mightyena, check them out:
mega_mightyena_by_mr_tiaa-d6ll7ml.png
128157_Mega_Mightyena.png
tumblr_n1k0inTTbx1s0lil7o1_500.png

Years
Preferred username- UltraBlueChespin
Partner Pokémon [required] - Chespin
Answer the current topic- I'm not exactly sure how I feel about fairy types. So far, I haven't run into too many of them, and have never used them.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Answer the current topic- I'm not exactly sure how I feel about fairy types. So far, I haven't run into too many of them, and have never used them.

Hey there, UltraBlueChespin! You seem like a pretty big fan of the guy, haha. What do you like so much about Chespin, if I might ask? I've always loved the family since release but I'm really torn between him and Fennekin. XD

What is your 6th gen games favorite Gym Leader, Champion or Elite Four?

Clemont! He's intelligent, young and lets his little sister assist him in running the gym. While I was never too fond of answering all the quizzes, I really enjoyed how different it was compared to the typical run through the entire gym's obstacle course and such. Korrina and her bond with the Lucarios was pretty great too, not to mention it was fun whizzing around her gym on rollerskates.

And to answer the previous topic,

In generation six, what previous-gen Pokémon would we have liked to see an evolution to?

Mega Mightyena sounds amazing, haha. I'm not sure if they'd release a third version for the remakes (seeing as they didn't do that for HG/SS or FR/LG) but if there was an Emerald OR/AS, then I'd hope for there to be a M-Armaldos/Cradily. Both of them would be really cool and add to the limited fossil megas we have at the moment. Maybe throw in some megas for Azumarill and Relicanth as well? I feel like there was a bit of wasted potential with this gen. :(

Years
What is your 6th gen games favorite Gym Leader, Champion or Elite Four?
My favorite Gym Leader from Kalos would be Clemont. His Gym has a really neat design inside, and he uses the very cool Electric-type. And like most Electric-type Gym Leaders, without Ground-types to back you, he can prove to be a real pain. That and the arm thingy he sends out at you before you fight him! "The future is now...thanks to SCIENCE!"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2015
Preferred username: creamsauce
Partner Pokémon: furfrou
Answer the current topic: How do I feel about fairies? They're adorable! I'm glad they've introduced a powerful new type to rival dragons. Powerful and cute- what's not to like? I currently haven't used any fairies on competitive teams because I'm still stuck in the gen 5 metagame. Lol

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
You know by 6th gen i meant all of them... But i will soon answer my question...

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Well for the E4, I think my favourite would be Drasna. She uses one of the strongest types in the game, dragon and also likes to see bonds between trainers and their pokemon. Though she's not the first nor last dragon trainer, she's a nice character with an overwhelmingly powerful team. My second favourite would probably be the water type trainer, Siebold. It's great to see them transition from the usual water type gym leaders to an actual E4 who uses rather interesting pokemon. His comparison of pokemon to art is also pretty unique. :)

Years
Hey there, UltraBlueChespin! You seem like a pretty big fan of the guy, haha. What do you like so much about Chespin, if I might ask? I've always loved the family since release but I'm really torn between him and Fennekin. XD

Ever since I saw Chespin, I just thought the hat-like thing on his head looked really cool. I usually play X with Froakie or Fennekin, because I just have bad luck getting started in Pokemon games with grass starters. But, if I had the chance to get a Chespin later in the game, I would definitely train it up.
Another reason I like Chespin is because of his Y and Alpha Sapphire Pokedex entry:
"Such a thick shell of wood covers its head and back that even a direct hit from a truck wouldn't faze it."

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
To me the best X and Y Gym leader is Clemont because he uses pokemon i like like Helioslik and also Magneton. Also i love a lot Electric types and his gym is fun.

Plus i now discovered that Mega Hoopa is not Mega Hoopa. Its a new form called Hoopa Unbound. I saw the videon on Tyranitar tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPcLdq7Ilk8&list=PLf1NWitL1Q3NBdteKXIgaxb7PPOojJRIk&index=5

Maybe this is a start of a new incoming topic: Do you like Hoopa's new form?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

Welcome to the club. I'm still waiting for Clemont's Chespin to evolve into Quilladin. You should try out the Fairy-type Pokemon, they are something special and Dragons can't touch them.

Preferred username: creamsauce
Partner Pokémon: furfrou
Answer the current topic: How do I feel about fairies? They're adorable! I'm glad they've introduced a powerful new type to rival dragons. Powerful and cute- what's not to like? I currently haven't used any fairies on competitive teams because I'm still stuck in the gen 5 metagame. Lol

Welcome to the club. You're the first one to pick Furfrou as a partner. I'm not sure how good in battle Furfrou is or if it's battled in the anime, but being a poodle matches the French aspect of X&Y. I've used a Fairy team before, having Xerneas and Sylveon as the main Pokemon on it. Powerful.

Years
How do I feel about the Fairy-type? As i've mentioned before, I think they were a good implementation into the series, as something to use against the Dragon-types that dominated Generations IV and V. A lot of them got good re-typings, and the ones that didn't have fun uses, most notably Swirlix which got Unburden, Belly Drum and Drain Punch as of ORAS. I've seen that be used a few times and it's a bit of a gimmick, but a fun one.

Years
I'm not sure how good in battle Furfrou is or if it's battled in the anime, but being a poodle matches the French aspect of X&Y.

I used Furfrou in an unevolved Pokemon challenge in X, it's very helpful when you're grinding. (Especially when my only other Pokemon was Bulbasaur........)
It's Fur Coat ability halves damage from physical attacks, and it has good Sp. Defense and Speed stats. It doesn't have the greatest movepool, but there are plenty of TM and HM moves you can teach it (including Surf for some reason).
I don't think you'd necessarily use it in competitive battle, as a couple of its stats are pretty low (HP, Defense, Sp. Attack), but it's a great Pokemon to use if you're just training.

Years
I used Furfrou in a Normal Monotype once, I caught it early on and it worked quite well despite its not too great attacking stats. With Charm, the Rocky Helmet and Fur Coat, it was more than enough to keep most physical attackers astray. It was fun, surely something I would use again given the chance.

Years
I like Furfrou, especially with the fact that Fur Coat patches up its lackluster Defense stat and it learns Cotton Guard to boost said stat even further, to become a really good physical wall. Its movepool is shallow, but I do enjoy its little gimmick where you can get it groomed into different looks which is really fun I admit.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not precisely sure if they are going to release a third version to X and Y, either, but looking at their pattern, it does seem likely! If they do go towards this route, I do hope for them to introduce a couple of new mega-evolution forms; there are many Pokémon out there that truly do deserve one.

Aside from Breloom as I had stated in my earlier post, I also believe it would be nice if Mighteyna were to get a mega-form at some point, as Cloyster had suggested. It was a pretty popular Pokémon back when generation three was still active, if I remember right, but its relevance seemed to have dwindled after introduction of Diamond and Pearl. If it were to gain a bit of boost with some mega-evolution, I'm sure it'd have decent amount of chance of rising back up.

As for current discussion, I do like Furfrou in terms of appearance and whatnot, but unfortunately, I haven't utilized it much on battling side of things; in regards to that, I'm not sure how fond I actually am of the Pokémon.

Back