• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
I believe you switched to XSE, so the above script won't accomplish anything. In XSE, you just need to use this script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
giveitem ITEM_TM03 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
end

and give the Item Ball OW a unique person ID.
I was going to but xse is kind of a pain in the butt so I would prefer to stick with pokescript if possible.

And just for the record when I put in what you said to put in on XSE I get a mismatch error...

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
#giveitem ITEM_TM03 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
#end Thats what I put and this is the exact error...

"Error 13: Unknown keyword 'giveitem'

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I was going to but xse is kind of a pain in the butt so I would prefer to stick with pokescript if possible.

And just for the record when I put in what you said to put in on XSE I get a mismatch error...

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
#giveitem ITEM_TM03 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
#end Thats what I put and this is the exact error...

"Error 13: Unknown keyword 'giveitem'

Why do you put the # in front of each command? If you want to stick with Pokescript, then you'll get alot less help. And if XSE is saying giveitem isn't a command, then you must have an extremely old version of XSE...

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
Why do you put the # in front of each command? If you want to stick with Pokescript, then you'll get alot less help. And if XSE is saying giveitem isn't a command, then you must have an extremely old version of XSE...
Can someone provide a more up to date link then because I got this one from the last guy...

I just got the most up to date 1.1.1 and still same errors dude... if I remove the # it tellls me to define it and when I add the # it says giveitem is invalid

Last edited:

redriders180

Years
Can someone provide a more up to date link then because I got this one from the last guy...

Check what version you have first. If it's v1.1.1, then you're up-to-date. If it isn't, then you can get v1.1.1 here. I heard that HackMew's thread has outdated links, so this is my own personal copy. But all credit to HackMew, of course. I didn't have time to copy the std.rbh file, so you'll have to go manual until you get one, so no ITEM_ULTRABALL or PKMN_PLUSLE shortcuts, I'm afraid.

My script works, so it's a problem on your end. Try replacing ITEM_TM03 with it's hex equivalent, and replacing MSG_OBTAIN with 0x0.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
Check what version you have first. If it's v1.1.1, then you're up-to-date. If it isn't, then you can get v1.1.1 here. I heard that HackMew's thread has outdated links, so this is my own personal copy. But all credit to HackMew, of course. I didn't have time to copy the std.rbh file, so you'll have to go manual until you get one, so no ITEM_ULTRABALL or PKMN_PLUSLE shortcuts, I'm afraid.
I do have 1.1.1 by hackmew and im stilll getting the same exact errors when I try this your way...

No offense to you RedRiders but can I get someone else to assist me on this problem?

Last edited:

redriders180

Years
I do have 1.1.1 by hackmew and im stilll getting the same exact errors when I try this your way...

No offense to you RedRiders but can I get someone else to assist me on this problem?

Call me Lucbui...

I've been hacking for two years, so I know what I'm talking about. You probably don't have an std file, so it's not my fault you're getting errors. Try what I said above, and don't put #s on the giveitem or end commands.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
Like its nothing past give item the script does not read past the giveitem issue... so changing ITEM_TM03 or MSG_OBTAIN is pointless

redriders180

Years
Like its nothing past give item the script does not read past the giveitem issue... so changing ITEM_TM03 or MSG_OBTAIN is pointless

Did you even try changing it? It's giving a #define error because ITEM_TM03 isn't defined. It's looking for a hex value, and ITEM_TM03 isn't a hex value. I can guarantee anyone else here would say the exact same thing. Just change the values to their hex equivalent, and you'll be fine. And give the item OW a unique Person ID.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
Call me Lucbui...

I've been hacking for two years, so I know what I'm talking about. You probably don't have an std file, so it's not my fault you're getting errors. Try what I said above, and don't put #s on the giveitem or end commands.
I have these files within the xse folder...
std.rbh
stdattacks.rbh
stditems.rbh
stdpoke.rbh

Did you even try changing it? It's giving a #define error because ITEM_TM03 isn't defined. It's looking for a hex value, and ITEM_TM03 isn't a hex value. I can guarantee anyone else here would say the exact same thing. Just change the values to their hex equivalent, and you'll be fine. And give the item OW a unique Person ID.
Is there a way to simply figure out the hex value through xse because I havent been able to figure it out and I script for a living >.<.

Last edited:

redriders180

Years
I have these files within the xse folder...
std.rbh
stdattacks.rbh
stditems.rbh
stdpoke.rbh

Is there a way to simply figure out the hex value through xse because I havent been able to figure it out and I script for a living >.<.

try inserting the line #include stditems.rbh at the very beginning of the script.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
Ok so I got it to work via xse. I managed the script and inserted it into the map and I can get the item but now I can get it infinite times and the ball NEVER disappears...

Here is the script:

'---------------
#org 0x800009
giveitem 0x1 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
end

Oh also the obtain script (In the game) dosnt go away it remains on the screen until I read something else...

Last edited:

redriders180

Years
Ok so I got it to work via xse. I managed the script and inserted it into the map and I can get the item but now I can get it infinite times and the ball NEVER disappears...

Here is the script:

'---------------
#org 0x800009
giveitem 0x1 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
end

Oh also the obtain script (In the game) dosnt go away it remains on the screen until I read something else...

And you added a unique Person ID to the OW, right? If you did, it should vanish...

redriders180

Years
In XSE can you use any random hex number as a flag as long as the game doesn't use it already?

In theory, yes, but in practice, no. Once you go above a certain flag number, you start going into other data, and you mess up stuff. The best thing to do is to get a list of all flags in-game, if possible, and go down the list. In any case, write down what all your flags mean, it's alot easier to reference.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
And you added a unique Person ID to the OW, right? If you did, it should vanish...
yes and now the item does not appear at all! Dude at least using pokescript i had only one issue now I have had over 6 please SOMEONE who knows pokescript tell me how to make it so the balls do not reappear when you return to a map.

redriders180

Years
yes and now the item does not appear at all! Dude at least using pokescript i had only one issue now I have had over 6 please SOMEONE who knows pokescript tell me how to make it so the balls do not reappear when you return to a map.

The issues are because you're using an entirely different programming language to do what you want, and it isn't XSE or my own fault. If you want, just open up any other Pokeball event that actually works, and look at what the script says. Observe all the headings under the events tab in A-map, and try and work out what everything contributes to. You probably gave the Pokeball item a Person ID that shares the same value of a flag you already used. The flag was set, and as such, the item ball is hidden. It isn't the scripts fault, it's just the flags fault.

Note: A fair amount of flags are auto-set as well, at the beginning of the game.

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Download a table file and a hex editor.
Search for the text that is displayed during that script and a pointer to that text which leads you to the script command of "msgbox @text" in which that @text displays the text that is shown during the script. The rest of that script is located before and after the msgbox code.

This sounds probably quite difficult but it's much more simple than you realize. There are bound to be some text editing tutorials here so check one out and see how it's done.
So where can I find a table file? I've already got a hex editor, but I can't seem to find a table file for Pokemon Ruby anywhere. :(

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Tool: Advanced Map 1.92

Hello, something has been glitching up my game recently. It is a problem with Advanced Map.

For the "people" scripts already in the normal unedited game. I've made a new starting town and I wanted to hide the old "people" sprites and put in completely new ones. For this, I changed their movements to "hidden" then placed them off of the map (Like in the trees and stuff).

But when I open up my game and go into the town, my game automatically resets itself every time I get near the "hidden sprites". Any solutions?

Thanks very much!

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
I've been working on a FR hack recently, and when I was testing it, the ROM kept crashing whenever a Pokemon evolved. I've tested it twice. Once with Squirtle, and another one with a Metapod. Both of them caused the game to crash after the battle that gave them their levels ended. I am not sure what's the problem here. I think I might have messed up a flag or a script related to evolution in general.

redriders180

Years
Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Tool: Advanced Map 1.92

Hello, something has been glitching up my game recently. It is a problem with Advanced Map.

For the "people" scripts already in the normal unedited game. I've made a new starting town and I wanted to hide the old "people" sprites and put in completely new ones. For this, I changed their movements to "hidden" then placed them off of the map (Like in the trees and stuff).

But when I open up my game and go into the town, my game automatically resets itself every time I get near the "hidden sprites". Any solutions?

Thanks very much!

Some of the "Hidden" movements are really glitched up. There are three or four in the list...for Firered, type 4C works for me with absolutely no problem :)

I've been working on a FR hack recently, and when I was testing it, the ROM kept crashing whenever a Pokemon evolved. I've tested it twice. Once with Squirtle, and another one with a Metapod. Both of them caused the game to crash after the battle that gave them their levels ended. I am not sure what's the problem here. I think I might have messed up a flag or a script related to evolution in general.

This happened to my hack once...I had to go back to a working backup and work from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back