• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is A Coordinator owning BOTH a Growlithe and a Vulpix OP?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
I'm thinking of writing a story with a coordinator eventually aquiring a Vulpix and a Growlithe. Is that too much? Arcanine and Ninetales have both been referred to as legendary pokemon. I KNOW they are not actually legendary pokemon, gamewise speaking, but everyone always seems to have one or the other. (Version Exclusiveness not withstanding) So what should I do?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I don't see why you can't make it work. 'OP' is relative, and it all depends on what kind of teams you give the character's competitors. Are they up against veterans or newbies? And perhaps by having two fire-types as their best Pokemon, you can make their team suffer from balance issues even though the fire-types are really good. There are lots of things you can do to make the team feel special but not cheap!

.Eclipseon.

Ascensionverse Author
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Honestly, there are ways for every team to be beaten - OUs to UUs. It all depends on how you write it, be it for battle or for performance. The scenario is only as cheap as you write it, especially once you take into account the relativity of other characters, their teams, and their level of experience.

Bay

Years
As the others mentioned, it all depends on the execution. I think as long as you showcase your Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses, you should be fine. With that said, a coordinator having two fire types can make for some interesting performances.

Back