• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Why doesn't Nameless Sprite Editor offer complete support for Emerald & Ruby Roms?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Okay, I'm using NSE 2.0.

Whenever I load a FireRed ROM, I can see a lot of options & sub-options when I navigate.

When I load an Emerald ROM though, all I can get is two options - HUD (which only has the male/female bags & Pokeblock Case) & Title (which only has the Emerald Title).

Same is the case with a Ruby ROM, coz again there are only 2 options - HUD (which has Textboxes, male/female bags & Pokeblock Case) & Backsprites (which has back sprites of Brendan/May/Wally).

I've seen people editing a lot more stuff with Emerald & Ruby ROMs. Am I missing any Plugins?

P.S. - Is NSE 2.0 the same as NSE 2.X?

Pika Pika :chu:

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
Years
Not sure why no one has answered or if you've found the answer already, but I figured I might as well put it out there.

All those options under Navigate are simply bookmarked offsets for images and palettes. The download for NSE includes a ton of bookmarks for FR, but not as many (or any?) for Emerald/Ruby. If you know/can find the offsets, you can enter them yourself and create your own bookmarks. As far as I know, if you have the offset, editing the image is fully supported in NSE.

Also, NSE 2.X refers to any release of NSE 2. There's both 2.0 and 2.1 floating around. They're almost identical, but you can tell which one you have by going to Options -> About.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Not sure why no one has answered or if you've found the answer already, but I figured I might as well put it out there.

All those options under Navigate are simply bookmarked offsets for images and palettes. The download for NSE includes a ton of bookmarks for FR, but not as many (or any?) for Emerald/Ruby. If you know/can find the offsets, you can enter them yourself and create your own bookmarks. As far as I know, if you have the offset, editing the image is fully supported in NSE.

Also, NSE 2.X refers to any release of NSE 2. There's both 2.0 and 2.1 floating around. They're almost identical, but you can tell which one you have by going to Options -> About.

Hey Uncommon thanks for at least giving me a reply, its been like almost 2 months since I asked that!

And no, I haven't figured out an answer yet. Can somone tell me, how to find out the Offsets for various images on Emerald (& Ruby) & add them to NSE!

Pika Pika :chu:

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
Years
Can somone tell me, how to find out the Offsets for various images on Emerald (& Ruby) & add them to NSE!

Here you go! I wasn't able to find a list of actual (NSE) offsets, but this thread has a ton of unLZ numbers for images in Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80067

If you open up your ROM in unLZ and search for these numbers, you'll find the images. It'll also tell you the offsets for the images and palettes, which you can then enter in NSE (under Navigate) to edit them. Hint: when you type the offsets in NSE, ignore the leading zeros. And you'll probably want to bookmark the ones you use so you can come back to them easily.

Hope that helps!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
I also use NSE, but there's no psyducking .exe

Confirm clean download by downloading this confirmed working version. Password is HackRomTools

Also, you necroed a post that had almost nothing to do with your issue.... >.>

Last edited:
Back