• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings!

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
Good morning everyone. My name is Foxshiro (Although most call me Fox.) and I, of course, like Pokemon! I grew up on GBC's Red/Blue/Yellow. I've played every Pokemon core series except Diamond/Pearl and Black/White. (I didn't have a DS during those times..) When I got a 3DS XL, I hopped right into X/Y, and briefly into US/UM.

I've never really saw Pokemon as super competitive until recently when I've been watching videos on tournaments and such. It seems really interesting that I've played Pokemon all of these years and never really saw it as a real platform for competition until now.

Right now, I am working on a Pixelmon server with some friends. (Creating an adventure map based off the games.) I'm also really excited to get Let's Go Eevee for the Switch.

What are you guys excited for?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Welcome to PC, Fox! What a cute avatar you picked :3

Ohh you really should try play Platinum and BW + BW2! I love gen 4 and 5, interesting that you missed them haha. Platinum might be the absolutely best game imo.

I hope to see you around the Let's Go section, and perhaps also competitive if you get more interested in that? I don't battle, myself, though ^^

I'm excited for Sinnoh (Diamond/Pearl) remakes 8D It's bound to happen!

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
Welcome to PC, Fox! What a cute avatar you picked :3

Ohh you really should try play Platinum and BW + BW2! I love gen 4 and 5, interesting that you missed them haha. Platinum might be the absolutely best game imo.

Thank you! I've always been torn between Arcanine and Ninetales. ;~;

I hope to see you around the Let's Go section, and perhaps also competitive if you get more interested in that? I don't battle, myself, though ^^

My only problem with learning to get competitive is that I didn't like Sun and Moon too much.. Any idea if people play X/Y competitively still?

I'm excited for Sinnoh (Diamond/Pearl) remakes 8D It's bound to happen!

Hmm, maybe I should wait for the remake then? :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there! Your avatar is really precious. :)

I had a similar revelation about the metagame when I learned about it. All that time spent wondering when people were going to take Pokemon to the next level and it had been happening for years and years, haha. Definitely wish you best of luck in competitive battling though! I don't fancy myself a competitive battler anymore but maybe we'll see each other on the server!

Please let us know if there's questions you have! Happy posting!

She

is home
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
Welcome to the forum Fox and helloooooo! Aww your avatar is a cutie masterpiece :>
I also grew up surrounded by GBC Pokemon games. I don't really know much about competitive but I'm sure other people here know. Feel free to ask them! And if you need anything just drop me message okayyy.

Happy posting, dear!

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
Hey there! Your avatar is really precious. :)

I had a similar revelation about the metagame when I learned about it. All that time spent wondering when people were going to take Pokemon to the next level and it had been happening for years and years, haha. Definitely wish you best of luck in competitive battling though! I don't fancy myself a competitive battler anymore but maybe we'll see each other on the server!

Please let us know if there's questions you have! Happy posting!

Appreciate it! I've never used Showdown before. I was using it briefly to learn more about abilities and such. I'll have to mess with it more!

Welcome to the forum Fox and helloooooo! Aww your avatar is a cutie masterpiece :>
I also grew up surrounded by GBC Pokemon games. I don't really know much about competitive but I'm sure other people here know. Feel free to ask them! And if you need anything just drop me message okayyy.

Happy posting, dear!

Thanks for the welcome! I miss the GBC days so much ;~; Different times for sure.

Lil_Mew19

I'm soft uwu
Years
WELCOME
Hello, there, Foxshiro! Welcome to the site! I also grew up with the GBC pokemon games. My first game ever was Yellow. I still have it in my mess of a room somewhere. Probably with all my k-pop stuff in a box in my closet, I'm not the most organized person, lol. Or, it could be in with all my old Pokemon cards and coins (haven't looked there in years... I now have the urge to go through them, just to see what I've got.)

Oh, did I get off topic again? It happens all the time xD

Anyways, I had gotten Yellow at a yard sale, along with an original Game Boy, when I was five years old. I didn't really know what to do, seeing as I was a smol child (I kinda still am, but that's just me). I could barely read, I was getting confused every few minutes. But, after my mom decided to help me play after I threw a hissy fit, I was fascinated as she read to me what was going on. I didn't quite understand the concept, but I had fun.

When I turned seven, I finished the game by myself , seeing that I was older, could read well, and able to understand the concept and what to do. Even though the game boy colour advanced games like Emerald, Ruby, Fire Red , etc etc, were more popular at the time, I reallyyy wanted Pokemon Gold. My dad got it somehow , he'd never tell me exactly how tho. I played it, and the old graphics and music were so fun and exciting for me.

Then, when I was nine, I got Pokemon Pearl, along with a ds. The first nds game I had ever played was Pearl. I still have it , though I don't know what I did with Gold.

Then, I played B&W and B&W2, and then I stopped playing the roleplaying games for a while. Actually, I have not played any of the 3ds games yet, though I definitely will in the future!

As for Pokemon games not being very competitive, it actually can be VERY much so. I play the Wii U version of Pokken Tournament, which came put before the Nintendo Switch version, and, believe me, whenever I battle online, there are very many strong and challenging trainers.

Your pixelmon server sounds interesting. I can't wait to play it! I don?t do anything with Minecraft or Minecraft related much anymore, but I'll be sure to give your game a try!

I'm excited for the new Eeveelutions that are rumoured to come out in the new games.

Anyways, I hope you like it here!

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I didn't grow up with Pokemon, like you, but it's helped me through life enough that I think i'm going to be a fan forever :3

Me and Korrina and an army of Clefairies welcome you to this forum with open arms.

And, being friends would be great. I'd love to hear all your fun childhood memories relating to my beloved pokemon friends!!!! :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019

And, being friends would be great. I'd love to hear all your fun childhood memories relating to my beloved pokemon friends!!!! :D

Absolutely! Friends are always welcome!

i love your avatar so much ?
welcome to the community, friend. n.n hope you enjoy it around here!

Thank you! I like all of your colors!

WELCOME

Your pixelmon server sounds interesting. I can't wait to play it! I don?t do anything with Minecraft or Minecraft related much anymore, but I'll be sure to give your game a try!

I'm excited for the new Eeveelutions that are rumoured to come out in the new games.

Anyways, I hope you like it here!

What a really nice collection of stories! Thanks for the welcome and sharing!

I actually don't play Minecraft that much anymore, either. I played it since it was in Alpha in a web browser, so I've kind of done anything I could think possible. Except of course, this Pixelmon server. It's really something to just pass the time until a good game comes out though. :P

Lil_Mew19

I'm soft uwu
Years
Absolutely! Friends are always welcome!

Thank you! I like all of your colors!

What a really nice collection of stories! Thanks for the welcome and sharing!

I actually don't play Minecraft that much anymore, either. I played it since it was in Alpha in a web browser, so I've kind of done anything I could think possible. Except of course, this Pixelmon server. It's really something to just pass the time until a good game comes out though. :P

No prob !

Oh, I see, lol. Well , make sure to let me know when it's finished! I'll be one of the first to play. :3

Back