• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you guys cope when everything has gone to hell?

Stroker Ace

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, BUTTHORN
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
I'm curious because I've had three big things happen this weekend- I managed to alienate my friend group (the Pokemon Club at my school) over some drama and other crap (more on that later), my parents sabotaged a potential deal for me to race a racecar this season (as well as a full-time job), and they plan to throw me out of the house as well. This all happened in the span of just two days, and I have not been coping well. Yeah I go on Showdown or throw some laps down on the simulator, but I'm not focused and can barely do any of the aforementioned tasks very well with how badly I'm taking all of this. I can't find a way to cope with any of this aside from two albums I just bought, and I was wondering, what do you guys do when it seems like you've lost everything?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
dunno, it sounds like you need to take action and not retreat into pokémon and whatever. these issues seem solvable, you'll be fine. coping is easier than taking agency of the situation and sorting it out, but the latter eliminates the issues. if you're able to drive a race car and possibly get a full-time job relating to that somehow, then i'll wager you're old enough and capable enough to talk things out with your parents. i don't think they'd willingly sabotage your aspirations and throw you out because of that, there must be something you can do. or possibly have done. whatever they said most likely was said in frustration and not indicative of their real feelings.

wolfboyft

Pokémon Generation 2 Hacker
Years
Me? I break out my double-barrelled shotgun (or would if I had one) and blast those suckers BACK TO HELL! EAT SH**, HELLSPAWN!

...That aside, I'd be surprised if your parents actually wanted to throw you out of the house. I mean, how old are you that this could happen, anyway? I doubt the parents of anyone who owns any machine that can post what you posted would hate their son. Never forget that there are actual professionals out there who could help you. I don't really understand your actual situation, but I'll say that proper professionals could. Seek help where it works, not here (although we're awesome nevertheless.)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I think of this guy:

Spoiler:

Because, odds are... if everything goes to shit... then I'm most likely to self-harm. That guy up there stops me. It's really hard to explain. :/ Other times, I'll listen to music like All Time Low. I'll look at pictures of him because looking at him always seems to brighten my day no matter what I'm going through. <3

Music really helps me a lot. Like, seriously. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for music because it's always been there for me through a lot of my own hard times.

In your situation, I wouldn't really know what to say. It seems like a pretty fucked up predicament you're in. :c

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Im not great at fixing social interactions, but I do know this: time will not help you. In fact, it can only make things worse. My advice would be that when you come up with your plan on dealing with these issues and get enough nerve to make things right, do it as soon as possible.

Years
Spoiler:

But seriously, when muk hits the fan sometimes you need to take a moment to collect yourself, step away from things a moment so you're not just reacting to everything and try to think about what you want instead of what you feel in the moment. I mean, if what happens is big and devastating you'll have to mourn that eventually, but Harley described it well. Don't let the situation take control of you.

Of course I don't take that advice all the time myself, but I'm only human.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
well when im down i try to just think positively and make due with what i can. often times the worst that is happening to me is far less worse than most people face. i tell myself this a lot, "you're facing something hard, but others face things twice as hard and they're still going." also i have a firm belief that we face certain hardships to help define ourselves or to take a lesson from it.

i look back at my hardest or darkest times and i feel good knowing that i made it through those times and i've seen how those times have changed me and made me see the good in today

Years
I've been kicked out twice, once by my mom and other by my dad. It's not a fun thing to deal with and I suggest you speak with them seriously about your problems soon. And make sure it doesn't turn into an arguement on your part or theirs. If it seems like they are starting one up if they are the type to argue then remind them you aren't trying to fight and steer the conversation back to figuring out the situation. Once you get things off your chest with them you should feel better mentally too. And talk directly with whoever is in charge of the potential deal they supposedly sabotaged. Nothing better than talking to that person yourself to set things straight. As for the pokemon stuff, just keep doing what you're doing if it helps keep you balanced. Just don't get insanely caught up with it to the point you don't care what happens.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
I can't even count the amount of times my mum threatened to kick me out during my teens. It always turned out to be from frustration or an attempt to motivate me and get my sh*t together.

When sh*t hits the fan for me I eat a lot. Until I look at least three months pregnant. Then i poop a lot because I love spicy things. Then I eat some more.

Back