• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Been asleep since Diamond/Pearl. Got a few questions...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 7, 2018
First of all I haven?t played since Diamond/Pearl. I had desired to play competitively then but I was naive and neglected things like EV Training which I just learned 3 days ago. Unfortunately I quit but never really had that desired fulfilled. My main questions are:

Can old Pok?mon be used in official tournaments?

Where can I find some competitive guides that bring me deeper than Types of Pok?mon and ev/iv training?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Of course Pokemon from any gen can still be used.

Not much has changed EV or IV wise, just that it's easier now, some old Pokemon got a new temporary evolution that only lasts per battle called Mega Evolutions, and a few hundred more Pokemon, some unique typing, and some ability additions and changes.

That's really it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 7, 2018
Of course Pokemon from any gen can still be used.

Not much has changed EV or IV wise, just that it's easier now, some old Pokemon got a new temporary evolution that only lasts per battle called Mega Evolutions, and a few hundred more Pokemon, some unique typing, and some ability additions and changes.

That's really it.
So if the rules say can only use Pok?mon from alola region or whatever then is there a way that Pok?mon can be re-caught so they get the alola tag. Basically is there a way for that to change so it says alola instead of kanto for example.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
So if the rules say can only use Pok?mon from alola region or whatever then is there a way that Pok?mon can be re-caught so they get the alola tag. Basically is there a way for that to change so it says alola instead of kanto for example.

Basically, you have to have it so that the Pokemon was obtained in a Gen VII game. What I do is import the Pokemon in from an older generation, and then breed the hell out of it not just for IVs, but to get the Alola icon on it. The fact it was hatched in Gen VII ultimately tells that the Pokemon was obtained in Alola, and therefore it's legal for VGC.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018

Sorry, I had no idea of such a rule.

Back