• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Okay. I'm a little confused about the translators. I thought Snakebyte was working on it without making any other changes, why is another one hired to do the same thing?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
U_Flame, as I said in my initial post, Wesley originally told me SonicBlazePlatinum was working on it and directed me to work with him on it. When I contacted SonicBlazePlatinum, he was no longer working on it, so I started work on my own. I'm assuming that SBP never told Wesley he wasn't going to do it, and that and the language barrier led to Wesley's post.

Years
I PM'd Wesley recently and he said I could make a decapitalized version. Would you mind if I used your English patch since it is LP in English. I'm not doing this because of SP, I'm doing this because that's how it's like in Pokemon Black and White. If not I could make the Portuguese version decapitalized and you could translate that since it takes you a day translating up to each of the sixteen gyms. Also that's the only change I'm making, I even promised Wesley.

Years
What I meant was I could make a decapitalized version, could I use the translated version you're making as a base? If not I'll use the Portuguese version, it's the only change I'm making, I have no need for other changes.

Years
Huh, I thought I answered your question, K2 XTREME. As of now, I've only edited two names. Kaohri -> Kaori, and Sheyla -> Sheila. I can't guarantee I won't edit any more, but as of halfway through the Zhery league, that's it.

When you finish the translation, would you mind sending me a list of the names for all important trainers? I have been given permission to edit the teams of those trainers by Wes, and to mention it is gonna be my private rom of the game.

Years
If it's your private ROM why are you asking permission? You're the only person playing your private version so as long it's not downloadable you probably don't need permission. Speaking about that I guess I could make my own private decapitalized version...

Let's talk about something else, I also happen to know some things about Light Platinum that you could ask questions for, like how to get the Psychic gym leader to go to to her gym or how to get the S.S. Ticket from Prof. Jasmine, etc.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Guys, how many translations does this hack need?
I mean really, this is really getting stupid, I mean all of us fans need to just chill for a bit and let the translator in this case, snakebyte, translate the game because I did try the english beta of his version, and I know for a fact he's not doing the stuff SP did, so we really don't need like 50 versions of the game in english. One is enough.

Years
No, Snakebyte's the only translator, I'll be working on ROM Hacks of my own of Fire Red and Emerald. K2 Xtreme wants to make a private name changed version, and I want to make a decapitalized version which I guess will be private now as it's not important either. No need for more translators, seriously... -_-

Years
I'm really confuse, Don't know what you guys up to? How many English translation will have light platinum? Seriously, we only need one, so why are you guys making them different as you like?
Man, I don't understand at all. If this goes on we will never able to play English version.

Years
I'm really confuse, Don't know what you guys up to? How many English translation will have light platinum? Seriously, we only need one, so why are you guys making them different as you like?
Man, I don't understand at all. If this goes on we will never able to play English version.

There will only be one official translation that should be coming in a few weeks. I'm just waiting for the English final release, then I'm editing the main people in the game which I will not release my rom since it is private.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
Snakebyte or Wesley, I really think you guys should have like a Notepad file of which Pokemon is in each route, so we know what kind of Pokemon are in there. This helps other players plan their team more better.

For example

Route 401:
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#

Or something like that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
Hello there. I seem to have a problem at the part where you're in Snowce City and I enter the building in the top right hand corner of the city, next to the gym, and head into the other room in there, my character freezes infront of the doorway and only my screen will move when I press the arrow keys. I am still allowed to open my START menu and use it. I tried saving then restarting, but it won't work. And now I am stuck forever. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?

Last edited:

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
Snakebyte or Wesley, I really think you guys should have like a Notepad file of which Pokemon is in each route, so we know what kind of Pokemon are in there. This helps other players plan their team more better.

For example

Route 401:
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#

Or something like that.
I'm currently building a walkthrough that will include which Pokemon are found in each route. It's continually being worked on and I hope to have it finished close to the time Snakebyte gets the English version out. Link is in my signature, and my About Me page if you're interested.

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years

For example

Route 401:
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#

Or something like that.

That is a job for fans really not the creator. The creator makes the game, the fans make the pokemon guide and the walkthrough

I swear this hack keeps fluxuating between normal and crazy. I can't wait until this hack is in english and done with.

S0liD007

Elite 4
Years
That is a job for fans really not the creator. The creator makes the game, the fans make the pokemon guide and the walkthrough

I swear this hack keeps fluxuating between normal and crazy. I can't wait until this hack is in english and done with.

Agreed, the translators aren't the only the only ones who can make this game even better

Back