• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Increase size of map

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
Years
I'd like to increase the size of the map to 44x24 blocks of 16x16.

How can I do this? And what changes will I need to make to the map generator?

I'll edit this since it wasn't clear: I mean the TOWN MAP, the region map

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
In the list of maps at the bottom left of the RMXP screen, right-click the map you want and choose "Map Properties...". Then change the width and height, along with whatever else you want.

I do hope you're learning how to use RMXP before trying to use Essentials with it. You know, there are plenty of guides on how to use RMXP if you try Googling for them.

Boonzeet

Years
In the list of maps at the bottom left of the RMXP screen, right-click the map you want and choose "Map Properties...". Then change the width and height, along with whatever else you want.

I do hope you're learning how to use RMXP before trying to use Essentials with it. You know, there are plenty of guides on how to use RMXP if you try Googling for them.

Hi Maruno,

No I mean the townmap. Sorry for not specifying, I'm pretty adept with RMXP. I want to increase the town map's default size from 30x20 'segments' to 44x24.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The region map graphic in the Town Map centres itself horizontally and vertically on-screen depending on the size of the graphic.

To change the limits of the area you can move the cursor in, find and edit the following numbers in the script section PokemonRegionMap:

Code:
  LEFT   = 0
  TOP    = 0
  RIGHT  = 29
  BOTTOM = 19
Leave the first two alone, and try 43 and 23 respectively for RIGHT and BOTTOM.

The Town Map in Essentials does not support scrolling maps. Your proposed dimensions are wider than the default screen size, which means it won't fit.

Boonzeet

Years
The region map graphic in the Town Map centres itself horizontally and vertically on-screen depending on the size of the graphic.

To change the limits of the area you can move the cursor in, find and edit the following numbers in the script section PokemonRegionMap:

Code:
  LEFT   = 0
  TOP    = 0
  RIGHT  = 29
  BOTTOM = 19
Leave the first two alone, and try 43 and 23 respectively for RIGHT and BOTTOM.

The Town Map in Essentials does not support scrolling maps. Your proposed dimensions are wider than the default screen size, which means it won't fit.

Hi Maruno,

Thanks for that. Yeah, I've already updated the screen size to that size, so a scrolling map is not necessary. Thank you!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I didn't know how to change the map size. My starting town is at the bottom of the map and there is a collision above that, which meant that i can't move the cursor in the map. I'll try this once I get backnto my laptop.

Back