• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First RMT. (OU)

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Ok. So i was looking over my team, and i think it needs some tending to.

Un-updated Team:
Spoiler:

Updated Team:
Spoiler:

Constructive Criticism wanted and i am prepared to make drastic changes.
(Note that this is a WiFi Team And is all non-cheated)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For Tyranitar, Unnerve is illegal with Superpower due to the former being a DW ability and the latter being a Gen IV tutor move. Use Sandstream as your ability even though it may hinder everyone else. Use this EV spread to make the most out of Tyranitar's great special bulk: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef.

Haxorus can learn Dragon Dance and Swords Dance to boost its Attack/Speed, so Smeargle is totally unnecessary. Replace Dragon Claw with either set-up move in that case.

In Smeargle's place, you can use Virizion because of its good defensive synergy with Tyranitar:
-Calm Mind
-Giga Drain
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice/Rock)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

or
-Work Up
-Close Combat
-Giga Drain
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 104 Atk/152 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

or
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Taunt
-Giga Drain/Close Combat
Nature: Timid/Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Light Clay

While Hydreigon is a good special sweeper in its own right, it shares weaknesses with Tyranitar and Haxorus. Use Heatran instead. Even though it has the same Ground/Fighting weaknesses as Tyranitar, it covers the weaknesses of Virizion and Haxorus:
-Lava Plume
-Roar
-Protect
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Substitute/Flame Charge/Taunt
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon

Starmie is doing too much at once. Use Forretress as your Rapid Spinner:
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Volt Switch
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

If you want to keep Starmie, use this set. This set uses its offensive Rapid Spinning capabilities to the fullest:
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin
Ability: Natural Cure

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
You can utilize Trick on Starmie so it can cripple boosting/stalling Pokemon like SD Gliscor, BU Breloom, Chansey/Blissey, and many more.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf/Specs
252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid - Natural Cure
~Trick
~Rapid Spin
~Scald
~Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

If Starmie gets a hold of Toxic or Flame Orb, it is fine because you have Natural Cure to take care of it. You can also give T/F Orb to other Pokemon who will not enjoy it. With Starmie's awesome Speed Stat, it is sure to use a move first bar Choice Scarf user with base 115 Speed above. Reflect and Lightscreen won't work well with Starmie because it is too frail. It can only set up either of one in most situations.

Example of what Trick-mie can do.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
For Tyranitar, Unnerve is illegal with Superpower due to the former being a DW ability and the latter being a Gen IV tutor move. Use Sandstream as your ability even though it may hinder everyone else. Use this EV spread to make the most out of Tyranitar's great special bulk: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef.

Haxorus can learn Dragon Dance and Swords Dance to boost its Attack/Speed, so Smeargle is totally unnecessary. Replace Dragon Claw with either set-up move in that case.

In Smeargle's place, you can use Virizion because of its good defensive synergy with Tyranitar:
-Calm Mind
-Giga Drain
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice/Rock)

or
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Close Combat
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

or
-Work Up
-Close Combat
-Giga Drain
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 104 Atk/152 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

or
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Taunt
-Giga Drain/Close Combat
Nature: Timid/Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Light Clay

While Hydreigon is a good special sweeper in its own right, it shares weaknesses with Tyranitar and Haxorus. Use Heatran instead. Even though it has the same Ground/Fighting weaknesses as Tyranitar, it covers the weaknesses of Virizion and Haxorus:
-Lava Plume
-Roar
-Protect
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
Nature:this is a wifi team Calm
EVs: 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Substitute/Flame Charge/Taunt
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon

Starmie is doing too much at once. Use Forretress as your Rapid Spinner:
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball/Earthquake/Volt Switch
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

If you want to keep Starmie, use this set. This set uses its offensive Rapid Spinning capabilities to the fullest:
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin
Ability: Natural Cure

Ok so ditch Smeargle and Hydreigon for Virizion and Heatran and change T-tar, got it.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf/Specs
252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid - Natural Cure
~Trick
~Rapid Spin
~Scald
~Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

This set seems the most promising.

Anything else?

BTW this is a wifi team

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
You can make heatran a physical wall. It can take care of something like mammoswine with ice shard. It survives EQ and can roar it out too.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
You can make heatran a physical wall. It can take care of something like mammoswine with ice shard. It survives EQ and can roar it out too.

Um sorry but wtf. It doesn't survive an EQ, totally aside from the fact that is infact a horrible switch into Mamoswine/physical wall lol...

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
I meant Air Balloon Heatran vs. a Scarfed/Banded Mamoswine using EQ. If it uses Ice Shard, Heatran would be able to wall it. Was too lazy typing, sorry. Defensive Heatran helped me out taking care of it in most cases.

Last edited:

CalciferFireDmn

Fire Demon
Years
I like your team, and Tyranitar is a great Tank. The only thing i will say is i have had some very bad experience with sand stream on a non-weather based team. I would suggest changing T-tar or even better keep him and swap out a few others. Really you could make great use of the Sand Stream. Skarmory and Heatran are naturally unaffected. If you simply took out one poke and replaced it with Hippowdon who is also slightly bulky you would have two Sand Streamers as well as two that benefit from it and four out of six would be unhurt by it. Other Bulky pokes to consider would be Mamoswine, Scizor, or Metagross. Hope i helped.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I might put it in Scizor... It has STAB Priority move; Bullet Punch, along with a Life Orb and you have areal threat there... I will consider it.

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
Years
You have alot of special walls on the team, and skarmory probably isnt that great of one. If I were you I would switch skarmory to a physical wall to get better synergy with the others. If you have too many special walls a fast physical poke could wreck this team.

Lila.

Banned
Years
Sorta looks like you're going for a balanced team. At the moment, Haxorus is definitely the weak link. I'd drop haxorus for something like rotom-w. With rotom-w, you can easily handle all rain teams in combination with virizion. Another interesting thing would be to try your hand at a choice band tyranitar and run stealth rock on heatran. Just some food for thought, quick rate, gl!

Back