• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HystericalGengar

Ghost of Insanity
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
Did you carefully look through the PC boxes? All of them? It's probably somewhere in your game. If it's not, you've accidentally released it. I've never heard of a Pokémon removing glitch other then the Bad Egg. But that's kinda impossible to get in B/W.

Yes. I looked through all of them. I went to the daycares to check there. I did this 3 times.
I remember catching it. I remember placing it next to my other legends. I don't remember releasing at all.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Yes. I looked through all of them. I went to the daycares to check there. I did this 3 times.
I remember catching it. I remember placing it next to my other legends. I don't remember releasing at all.

Have you traded it to friends or any other Gen V games you own?

Last edited:

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years

Have you looked in your party and Battle Box? Maybe you lent the game to a friend who took it? Maybe a sibling/child played the game and accidentally sent it away. One thing I would do is move a Pokemon into a box click them and try scrolling through stat screens. Your Virizion could be hidden with green wallpaper.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Consider the following:

A Pokemon is caught in an Apricorn Ball (such as the Level Ball, etc.) or the Sport Ball (used in Johto's National Park) in Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver and is traded to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, causing its summary screen Poke Ball to appear as a regular Poke Ball (since pre-HG/SS Nintendo DS games don't have Apricorn Ball data or Sport Ball data). Said Pokemon is then migrated to a Generation 5 game.

Which Poke Ball is shown on the summary screen of the Generation 5 game - the regular red-and-white Poke Ball or the Apricorn Ball that the Pokemon was originally caught in?

Thanks in advance for answering this question! (The "B2W2" response to this question would be great as well, if known!)

Years
Which Poke Ball is shown on the summary screen of the Generation 5 game - the regular red-and-white Poke Ball or the Apricorn Ball that the Pokemon was originally caught in?

I know this may be weird, but a Pokemon caught in an Apricorn-based Poke Ball that is transferred to 5th Gen will still display the sprite of the Apricorn Poke Ball it was caught in. I remember transferring a Nidoran♂ via Poke Transfer that was caught in a Friend Ball in my SoulSilver and it retained the sprite of the ball on its summary screen.

Stealth_MadAboutPokemon

The Ground Type trainer
Years
what season does the u.s version starts in?

It depends on the month. See the rest on Serebii. (sorry I can't post links, I've been here not long enough)

Hey, I have Pokemon White. I caught Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion but the thing is..
Virizion isn't in my storage. I didn't release it, I didn't put in a daycare.

My pokedex says I caught it and it should definitely be in my storage. I planned on using it but it's not there anymore. Is this a glitch? I hate it. I want my Virizion!!! And I love my team. I'm after the part where I defeated N and Team Plasma. I don't want to restart.

I hate it when this happens. Try looking in your Battle Box, I accidentally leave some of my Pokémon in there as well.

Last edited:
Years
is it true that the Pokémon Dream World has been shut down for B/W/B2/W2?

Well, the majority of the 5th Gen Dream World has been closed down as of now, but the ability to change C-Gear/Pokedex skins and Pokemon Musical songs (excluding trades and battles) will be removed around January 14th, 2014. The main reason behind the closure was due to the release of X and Y, and hence the Global Link has updated to the current generation.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Where can I find a Mareep, Phanpy, or Ampharos with its hidden ability?
Hidden Ability Mareep can be found in the Dream World's Pleasant Forest. Hidden Ability Phanpy can be found in the Dream World's Rugged Mountain.

Speaking of abilities for Ampharos and Donphan, their regular abilities are vastly superior to their DW abilities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back