• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Most memorable Pokémon experience? #AskPC

pkmin3033

I think my most memorable Pokemon experience ever came from the first time I was poisoned in Pokemon Red, and the screen started breaking up every time I took a step. I was nine years old and new to gaming in general, I had absolutely no idea what was wrong, and I panicked in classic little kid fashion: I started screaming.

I think the entire neighbourhood probably knew about it before my Pokemon finally fainted - and it must have had a lot of health left, because that took some time - and I calmed down, realising that I hadn't broken my Gameboy after all.

I still get a twinge of embarrassment whenever I'm poisoned in the games and the screen distorts for a fraction of a second to remind me that one of Pokemon is suffering whilst I run to a Pokemon Center (or not) because I'm too cheap for Antidotes. They really need to come up with a better way to show that...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
I'd say one of my most memorable, which only came back to me answering a question about my favourite Champion, is the first time I encountered Steven Stone in Meteor Falls after I'd finally completed Emerald (my first ever Pokémon game) for the first time.

I was only around 10 or 11 years old so pretty naive, and some people told me you could go to space to battle Deoxys from Mossdeep Space Centre. Of course that's not true, but I was young and mysterious things like that white rock and my not understanding why they'd show a rocket and not use it meant that I spent ages going over every inch of that city, eventually stumbling across Steven Stone's note and gift Beldum.

So because I liked the music there, I boxed one of my pokémon (I believe it was one of my water-types because I couldn't forgo my two Dragons, Rayquaza and Altaria, not ideal for the battle I would get into) and headed to Meteor Falls to train my new Pokémon (I had a Metang Pokémon card which was one of my favourites, so this was a priority for me). Now, being new to the whole Pokémon thing, I'd never gone back to Meteor Falls upon obtaining Waterfall. Imagine my surprise to find more areas to explore, and trainers! So obviously I get slightly worn down by them, but have enough items to heal my Pokémon, and whilst looking for the Bagon my brother had told me about, I stumbled upon Steven! Not having saved in forever because I wasn't expecting this, it was one of the most stressful battles I've ever had in a Pokémon game, but by far one of the most satisfying, as not only were all of my Pokémon bar Rayquaza under lv. 60 (a couple under lv. 50), one was a weak Beldum and two couldn't hit Steel-types for even normal effectiveness, making it incredibly difficult.

Now whenever I battle him again, knowing what's coming I train my Pokémon far better and use better moves (I had no idea about physical / special types and some of the type matchups), its just not as special but simultaneously reminds me of one of my favourite times playing Pokémon.

This might be a bit too long-winded, but that's because of how happy the memory makes me.

Years
For me, it was catching my first shiny in Ruby. It was a Duskull at Mt. Pyre, and while I had heard about shinies before then, I never knew that it would end up happening to me. Since then, I have caught a total of 16 different species of random encounter shinies across five generations.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Defeating Red in Heart Gold. What made it so memorable was that I only had three Pokemon that were anywhere near levelled enough. Megan the Meganium, Bridget the Bellossom and Cilan the Vileplume.

Megan set up dual screens with Light Clay to give me more defense after using Sunny Day to take the hail away. Megan took out Red's Pikachu before hitting Charizard with two Body Slams the second paralying the fire starter before fainting.

With the Sun still up Bridget outsped Charizard to finish it off with Sludge Bomb. Red next sent out Snorlax who missed with a Blizzard as Bellossom set up a Swords Dance and was eventually able to wear down the Normal type through Drain Punch. Lapras was next up took serious damage from Drain Punch before a crit Blizzard caused Bridget to faint.

After sacrificing my underlevelled Ludicolo to revive Bellossom I sent in Vileplume. He used Giga Drain twice to defeat Lapras as Red sent out Venusaur. Cilan used Sunny Day to activate Chlorophyll and after a battle of Sludge Bombs and potions on both sides, Venusaur fell.

Red disparingly sent out Blastoise. Vileplume used Petal Dance, Blastoise hung on and used Blizzard which critted. With health in the Red Vileplume used Petal Dance again as Blastoise fell and I had completed my hardest ever Monotype.

This battle (And the battle with Lance) made me see the Oddish end-evolutions in a positive light and Vileplume especially has been an excellent aid in my Monotypes but Bellossom is underrated too.

Back