• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Final RMT.

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
Ok this will Hopefully be the last RMT i make anyway heres my final team.

This New team is based off an old team that i had back in DPPt days thought i'd start using it again (Please note that this team had a Garchomp on it but that was before it was declared Uber so there is a missing spot)

Alakazam.
Nature:Modest.
EVs: Working on Sp.attack and speed.
Ability:Synchronize.
Moveset,
Substitute,
Focus Blast,
Shadow Ball,
Psychic.
Item: Life Orb.

Alakazam is my Sp.Attacker he has Focus Blast to deal with Normal Dark and Steel types while Shadow ball is the best Ghost type move i could get, Psychic is the best STAB move i could find and Sustitute is for defence reasons.

Forretress.
Nature:Relaxed
EVs: Working on HP and Defence.
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset,
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball
Item:Leftovers

My Spikes user.

Infernape
Nature:Adament
EVs: 252 in Attack and Speed
Ability:Blaze
Moveset,
Close Combat,
Mach Punch or Stone edge (Haven't picked which one to use yet)
U-turn
Flare Blitz
Item: Choice Band

This Set was suggested to me by Hikari10 i must say it has helped me out abit, It's my main Attacker going in for quick KOs then retreating with U-Turn.

Blissesy
Nature: Bold
EVs: working on HP and Sp.Def
Ability: Natural Cure
Moveset
Stealth Rocks
Softboiled.
Flamethrower
Toxic
Item: Leftovers

My wall (and the greatist one i could get)

Zapdos
Nature:Timid
EVs: Working on Sp.Attack and Speed
Ability: Pressure
Moveset
ThunderBolt
Heat Wave
Hidden Power (Grass)
Roost
Item: Choice Specs.

Noting to say about this one.

Any help would be nice.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
A couple things

Gengar, first of all, shouldn't be running Wide Lens. I feel that if you need to run an item like that to make a set work (like a Hypnosis/Dream Eater set) then there are far better sets to run. Running Life Orb or Leftovers would be a vast improvement on your Gengar and from there, switching up Dream Eater and Hypnosis with moves that would better fit the set you chose would be great as well.

If your Feraligatr is running Swords Dance, make him a +Speed nature. Yes, having that extra attack power is nice, but that extra speed will let him outpace other threats so he has a better chance to survive.

Sceptile should not be used as pure physical threat. It's Attack is low and you'd need to boost it somehow to make it work. Not sure why you aren't using an item on it? Choiced, Life Orb, whatever, just put an item on it. I can't stress the importance of items enough.

Slowbro. It's a defensive wall, give it leftovers, take out the Sp. Attack investment, and give it some HP. HP is critically important to any wall whether it be mixed, special, physical or otherwise. The EV spread I run on my Slowbro is 248 HP/204 Def/56 Sp. Def but feel free to look into whatever other spread you'd like. I'd also recommend Flamethrower or Ice Beam instead of Focus Blast. Better coverage and more reliable. Change Calm Mind, too. Slowbro isn't meant for setting up outside of Trick Room, he's too slow and will die to anything that can hit super effectively and is faster. I'd replace it with a status move like Thunder Wave or Toxic.

A defensive Politoed should also be running Leftovers, not an Air Balloon. On a related note, an offensive Politoed shouldn't be running an Air Balloon either. Not sure which you're going for but there are a couple of things for both I'm going to point out. Dual STAB is never that great of an idea since things like Gastrodon can come in and completely stop anything that it was doing. If you ARE running a Defensive Politoed, keep Scald, Ice Beam and Hypnosis and then replace Hydro Pump with something stallish like Protect, Encore, or Perish Song, give it some Leftovers, change that Sp. Atk investment to Hp investment, and give it a +defense nature. If you're running an Offensive Politoed keep Hydro Pump and Ice Beam, swap out Hypnosis and Scald for Focus Blast and Hidden Power Grass, give it a choice item (specs or scarf), and change that Defense investment to Speed investment.

You also run three water types which doesn't give you much coverage and you're pretty susceptible to electric types, having only one resist. You got plenty of resists to grass types, though!

oh, sorry for this being a little long. I think I got a bit carried away, but I hope it helps.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Gengar: Hypnosis + Dream Eater is easily countered. Replace both moves with Subsitute and your choice of Disable, Pain Split, Thunderbolt or Hidden Power (Fire). Disable screws over Pokemon with only 1 move that can hit Gengar effectively, Pain Split lets Gengar beat Blissey one-on-one, Thunderbolt is for Gyarados and Skarmory and HP Fire is for Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory and Ferrothorn.

Feraligatr is pretty much outclassed by other Water Pokemon like Vaporeon and Gyarados, but if you want to keep it, here are my two cents: use Aqua Jet on Feraligatr to make up for its average Speed. This set shows what I mean:
-Swords Dance
-Aqua Jet
-Superpower
-Ice Punch/Crunch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
(on this set, even though Aqua Jet is weaker than your other moves, it should be the main attack against fast and frail Pokemon. The rest of the listed moves are here for the Pokemon who do resist AJ).

While Heracross is a good Toxic Orb abuser in its own right, sometimes it's not fast enough to land a hit. Gliscor is a very good Toxic Orb abuser due to Poison Heal:
-Toxic
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Taunt/Ice Fang/Facade
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

or
-Substitute
-Protect
-Toxic/Taunt/Ice Fang
-Earthquake

If you want to keep Heracross: even though Protect ensures the activation of Toxic Orb, it hinders coverage a tad, so you can consider Night Slash or Stone Edge to hit Heracross' weaknesses.

While Sceptile has an excellent physical movepool, its Attack isn't the best to take advantage of it. You need some form of defense, so Ferrothorn can help you out here:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball/Protect/Thunder Wave
-Power Whip/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef

Slowbro should always use a defensive spread if it is to be used defensively (252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk with a Bold nature). Just so you know, if you max out a defensive stat without maxing HP first, then that Pokemon doesn't have good enough bulk. And replace Focus Blast with Scald so that Slowbro has another STAB move to work with, as well as the chance to burn opponents.

Politoed seems out-of-place here. :/ If you're going to use Politoed, it should be on a dedicated rain team, and this team doesn't look like it. Air Balloon is better suited for Pokemon who are weak to Ground, like Heatran. Personally, I'd include a Fire Pokemon in the team somewhere because you have Grass and Water Pokemon, like Infernape or Heatran:
Infernape:
-Overheat/Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot/U-turn
-Stone Edge/Mach Punch
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Heatran:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock/Taunt/Flame Charge/Substitute
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon/Leftovers

Years
You seem to have an Electric weakness going, so I might find some Ground-types to help you.

Why not try Gastrodon? It's one of the best Ground-type candidates in OU.

Try these sets if you are considering using this slug:

Calm / Sassy nature
Leftovers
Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Sp. Atk, 252 Sp. Def
- Toxic
- Earthquake / Earth Power
- Recover
- Scald / Ice Beam

or...

Modest nature
Choice Specs
Storm Drain
EVs: 240 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 16 Sp. Def
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover / Hidden Power Grass
- Earth Power

Also, with a Grass weakness present, a Fire-type is your saving grace.

Infernape is one of the best options given its diverse movepool and even Attack and Sp. Atk stats allowing it to use both Physical and Special moves effectively.

Try these sets if it interests you:

Hasty / Naive nature
Life Orb
Blaze
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
- Overheat
- Grass Knot / U-turn
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch / Stone Edge

or this...

Adamant / Jolly nature
Choice Band
Iron Fist / Blaze
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
- Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat

or this...

Jolly nature
Life Orb
Iron Fist / Blaze
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

or this...

Naive / Timid nature
Life Orb
Blaze
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast / Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave / Grass Knot

or even this...

Naive / Hasty nature
Choice Scarf
Blaze
EVs: 108 Attack, 148 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
- Fire Blast / Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Hidden Power Ice

Infernape has so many possibilities, making it a great member of any team.

Last edited:

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
Gengar: Hypnosis + Dream Eater is easily countered. Replace both moves with Subsitute and your choice of Disable, Pain Split, Thunderbolt or Hidden Power (Fire). Disable screws over Pokemon with only 1 move that can hit Gengar effectively, Pain Split lets Gengar beat Blissey one-on-one, Thunderbolt is for Gyarados and Skarmory and HP Fire is for Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory and Ferrothorn.

Feraligatr is pretty much outclassed by other Water Pokemon like Vaporeon and Gyarados, but if you want to keep it, here are my two cents: use Aqua Jet on Feraligatr to make up for its average Speed. This set shows what I mean:
-Swords Dance
-Aqua Jet
-Superpower
-Ice Punch/Crunch
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
(on this set, even though Aqua Jet is weaker than your other moves, it should be the main attack against fast and frail Pokemon. The rest of the listed moves are here for the Pokemon who do resist AJ).

While Heracross is a good Toxic Orb abuser in its own right, sometimes it's not fast enough to land a hit. Gliscor is a very good Toxic Orb abuser due to Poison Heal:
-Toxic
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Taunt/Ice Fang/Facade

or
-Substitute
-Protect
-Toxic/Taunt/Ice Fang
-Earthquake

If you want to keep Heracross: even though Protect ensures the activation of Toxic Orb, it hinders coverage a tad, so you can consider Night Slash or Stone Edge to hit Heracross' weaknesses.

While Sceptile has an excellent physical movepool, its Attack isn't the best to take advantage of it. You need some form of defense, so Ferrothorn can help you out here:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball/Protect/Thunder Wave
-Power Whip/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef

Slowbro should always use a defensive spread if it is to be used defensively (252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk with a Bold nature). Just so you know, if you max out a defensive stat without maxing HP first, then that Pokemon doesn't have good enough bulk. And replace Focus Blast with Scald so that Slowbro has another STAB move to work with, as well as the chance to burn opponents.

Politoed seems out-of-place here. :/ If you're going to use Politoed, it should be on a dedicated rain team, and this team doesn't look like it. Air Balloon is better suited for Pokemon who are weak to Ground, like Heatran. Personally, I'd include a Fire Pokemon in the team somewhere because you have Grass and Water Pokemon, like Infernape or Heatran:
Infernape:
-Overheat/Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot/U-turn
-Stone Edge/Mach Punch
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Heatran:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock/Taunt/Flame Charge/Substitute
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon/Leftovers

You seem to have an Electric weakness going, so I might find some Ground-types to help you.

Why not try Gastrodon? It's one of the best Ground-type candidates in OU.

Try these sets if you are considering using this slug:

Calm / Sassy nature
Leftovers
Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Sp. Atk, 252 Sp. Def
- Toxic
- Earthquake / Earth Power
- Recover
- Scald / Ice Beam

or...

Modest nature
Choice Specs
Storm Drain
EVs: 240 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 16 Sp. Def
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover / Hidden Power Grass
- Earth Power

Also, with a Grass weakness present, a Fire-type is your saving grace.

Infernape is one of the best options given its diverse movepool and even Attack and Sp. Atk stats allowing it to use both Physical and Special moves effectively.

Try these sets if it interests you:

Hasty / Naive nature
Life Orb
Blaze
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
- Overheat
- Grass Knot / U-turn
- Close Combat

or this...

Adamant / Jolly nature
Choice Band
Iron Fist / Blaze
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
- U-turn
- Close Combat

or this...

Jolly nature
Life Orb
Iron Fist / Blaze
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

or this...

Naive / Timid nature
Life Orb
Blaze
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast / Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave / Grass Knot

or even this...

Naive / Hasty nature
Choice Scarf
Blaze
EVs: 108 Attack, 148 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
- Fire Blast / Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Hidden Power Ice

Infernape has so many possibilities, making it a great member of any team.

Thank you both I've now edited my team.

Thank you Hikari10 for such great Infernape Sets.

Thank you PlatnumDude for the Ferrothron Set.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Change Rotom-W's Hidden Power type to Ice or Fire; Steel doesn't provide good coverage, since Ice is already handled fine by any of its STABs and Rock is taken care of by Hydro Pump. Replace Shadow Ball with Trick, make the item Choice Specs or Choice Scarf and use 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe as your EV spread, since Rotom-W can still take some hits without defensive investment.

For Gengar, what's the point of Hasty if it's not using physical moves? Make it Timid; replace Energy Ball with Substitute. Thunderbolt already takes care of Water Pokemon.

Sadly, Walrein is a mediocre Pokemon outside of Hail. It's also the only Pokemon in your team who benefits from Hail, hindering the rest of your team. Also, Lax is a terrible nature competitively; raising one defense while hindering the other is bad. Use Cloyster instead because it hits hard with Shell Smash:
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell/Hydro Pump
Nature: Jolly/Naive
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe or 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/White Herb/Focus Sash/Lum Berry
Ability: Skill Link

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
Change Rotom-W's Hidden Power type to Ice or Fire; Steel doesn't provide good coverage, since Ice is already handled fine by any of its STABs and Rock is taken care of by Hydro Pump. Replace Shadow Ball with Trick, make the item Choice Specs or Choice Scarf and use 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe as your EV spread, since Rotom-W can still take some hits without defensive investment.

For Gengar, what's the point of Hasty if it's not using physical moves? Make it Timid; replace Energy Ball with Substitute. Thunderbolt already takes care of Water Pokemon.

Sadly, Walrein is a mediocre Pokemon outside of Hail. It's also the only Pokemon in your team who benefits from Hail, hindering the rest of your team. Also, Lax is a terrible nature competitively; raising one defense while hindering the other is bad. Use Cloyster instead because it hits hard with Shell Smash:
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell/Hydro Pump
Nature: Jolly/Naive
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe or 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/White Herb/Focus Sash/Lum Berry
Ability: Skill Link

I thought Hasty increaes Speed and lowers defence.

OK then I'll replace Walrein.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I thought Hasty increaes Speed and lowers defence.

OK then I'll replace Walrein.

It does, hence why I said it's pointless on a Pokemon that lacks physical moves. Timid boosts Speed and lowers Attack; Gengar has little use for Attack. Hasty, and by extension, Naive are better suited for mixed sweepers like Infernape.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Change Alakzam's nature to Timid. Without a Timid nature, it gets outsped by max Speed Starmie or Gengar.

Zapdos should use Life Orb or Leftovers because you're using Roost, and recovery moves gel well with Choice items unless you're good at prediction.

While Roserade can use Spikes and Toxic Spikes, it doesn't have time to set up both at the same time because of its terrible Defense and average defensive typing. Since you're using a Calm nature, a good set would be this:
-Spikes
-Giga Drain/Grass Knot
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
-Rest/Stun Spore/Leech Seed
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef

For your 6th Pokemon, you could use a Rapid Spinner like Starmie or Donphan:

Starmie:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin/Recover
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Donphan:
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Roar/Knock Off
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def

or
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Stone Edge/Head Smash/Fire Fang
-Ice Shard/Stealth Rock

Make Infernape Jolly because it needs to outspeed certain Pokemon like Mienshao and at least Speed tie with the legendary musketeers or opposing Infernape who use +Speed natures.

Vsjester13

Former battler
Years
Change Alakzam's nature to Timid. Without a Timid nature, it gets outsped by max Speed Starmie or Gengar.

Zapdos should use Life Orb or Leftovers because you're using Roost, and recovery moves gel well with Choice items unless you're good at prediction.

While Roserade can use Spikes and Toxic Spikes, it doesn't have time to set up both at the same time because of its terrible Defense and average defensive typing. Since you're using a Calm nature, a good set would be this:
-Spikes
-Giga Drain/Grass Knot
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
-Rest/Stun Spore/Leech Seed
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef

For your 6th Pokemon, you could use a Rapid Spinner like Starmie or Donphan:

Starmie:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin/Recover
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Donphan:
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Toxic/Roar/Knock Off
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def

or
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Stone Edge/Head Smash/Fire Fang
-Ice Shard/Stealth Rock

Make Infernape Jolly because it needs to outspeed certain Pokemon like Mienshao and at least Speed tie with the legendary musketeers or opposing Infernape who use +Speed natures.

Hmm alright then I'll get myself a timid Alakazam then.

Hmm Life orb seems like a better idea for zapdos from the looks of things.

Hmm a Rapid spiner well your suggestions are great in the idea of good Rapid Spiners but i think i found a pretty good one (which kinda removes Roserade's point of being on the team so i'm still kinda in need of a new team membe).

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
With the current Infernape set you have, you should remove Choice Band and replace it with Life Orb (or something else??) so you could still do some U-Turning after an attack. Also, a Jolly nature would be better if you want it to outspeed other Pokemons. 315 is fast but not for other Pokemon like Timid Tornadus or Jolly Landorus.

CalciferFireDmn

Fire Demon
Years
Since Chansey is your only wall you should ev the def so she can be a mixed wall. Also because her atk is so low i would replace stealth rocks with protect to poison stall everything including other walls. Keep flamethrower for the steel types.

Back