• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible Kanto Remake?

BZRich64

The Mustachioed Machamp
Years
I'd like to return to the Kanto region again eventually, but I think its too soon for that. We need at least one more set of original games and remakes of Diamond and Pearl before another set of Red/Blue remakes.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Yeah, it happened. I actually called it two years ago that we'd get a 3D Kanto reboot, I just got the year wrong. Game freak will never leave Kanto behind. No matter how many times people want it to be, it won't. I don't particularly care that we're getting another Kanto remake, I knew it was coming for years, and I was right.

Last edited:
Years
I don't think I ever doubted the fact that another Kanto game was coming, but I figured Game Freak and Nintendo might've wanted to wait until 2021 when Pokemon's 25th anniversary rolled around. And sure, hardcore fans like us might not be completely thrilled about them going back to Kanto again (especially as the first game on a new console), but they know most of us who are able to will buy it anyway, and it'll grab the attention of the older generation of Pokemon fans who moved on from the series after Pokemania died down.

Zach!

Alola!
Years
I don't think that the constant Kanto referencing is a sign of another remake coming soon, as they probably just do that since Kanto is the most recognizable part of the franchise and they like to milk that for all it's worth, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get it sometime next generation or the one after that. Just for different reasons.

Lets go pikachu/Eevee. - Kanto. you realize?

Zach!

Alola!
Years
I'd really prefer something new, so I'm not that happy about all these Kanto remake rumours.

However...

I think it could be interesting if they combined a Kanto remake with a Unova style reboot.

By that I mean have Kanto as the region, but have only completely new Pokemon like what they did in Black & White.

(I think that could make for an interesting blend of the old and new.....and almost be like a compromise between people who want Kanto and those who don't)
Eye agree.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
You can multi-quote instead of replying 3 full times.

So we start off the Switch with Kanto yet again. Total crutch.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Oh.

I'm pretty sure that when I posted that, it was before Let's Go P/E was revealed.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Oh.

I'm pretty sure that when I posted that, it was before Let's Go P/E was revealed.

Yep, most of this thread was in early/mid May. LGP/LGE wasn't revealed until late May(May 29th).

As I said months ago, what are they adding in LGP/LGE for Kanto? Alola forms? Ok I suppose that's something but what about Mega Evolution? I can't fathom Z-Moves(I think those were an unmitigated mistake) and unless they add Pokemon Contests(which do occur in Kanto thanks to May doing so during Season 8/9 of the Anime), what's the point of making another Kanto region game aside from breathing new life into their mobile game. Everything I've seen so far screams Cash Grab with handholding inching closer and closer to inexplicable.

Back