• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

Years
Drawing, drawing and drawing fakemons... sugimori style of course.
I've come up with about 80 or so now, and I don't plan to stop untill I have done 200...
It'll be tough but luckily I'm not lacking in the creative department...
What I lack is all in the technical stuff of a game... from spriting to scripting, I know nothing lol
Also, writing concepts and features about a possible future game with essentials.
And when I say future, I mean after the release of gen 6

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I'm finishing off the last bit of work for adding all the new move animations to Essentials. It's pretty much the last big thing I wanted to do before the next release.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I'm finishing off the last bit of work for adding all the new move animations to Essentials. It's pretty much the last big thing I wanted to do before the next release.

Awesome man cant wait for this. :D

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
Working on a little original concept, a small RPG, using Allegro. Gathered a small team already (not nearly enough to get going tho ahah), got a very sketchy engine running.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Waiting. Waiting for the XY dex to be fully revealed so I know which of my fakes are now too close to official 'mons, and waiting to see if the wiki site I'm using to organize my info is gonna bite the dust or not. u:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Making the layouts for my newest game idea and trying to find some people to help me out in it. Also trying to sharpen my mapping skills.

KannibalKween

Queen of the Dark
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
Fakedex, Character appearances, back story, so on <.< and looking for help.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
I've been working on revamping some of my fakes, though most are just a redraw with my updated style. I also recently finished mapping Spear Pillar for my game, though it's a loooong ways away before the player will actually visit it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
Learning Ruby. I plan to include the Wonder Launcher into my game, as well as Sky Battles (which so far seem to only be battles limited to pokémon with Levitate or of the Flying Type, and Roost should be forbbiden. Seems simple enough). Since I still have a long way to go before actually making my custom sprites, I've also decided to gather sprites later and focus on the scripts for now, and again, when it's too much to request to people you just learn to do it yourself.

EDIT: Also, having some progress with drawing classes.

EDIT2: Actually, I'm learning RGSS, which I'm not entirely sure is the same thing.

Last edited:

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
As of now, I'm mapping out the Johto portion of my game that is still unnamed...It's in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
As of now, I'm mapping out the Johto portion of my game that is still unnamed...It's in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn

3 regions seems a bit of a too big of a game.
Why not just pick two?

Also, I'm generally plot making, and idea planning, concepts and what not.
(no thread at current pose in time)
Also changed the intro so like in fire red it tells you controls and adventure info before the prof appears.

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
3 regions seems a bit of a too big of a game.
Why not just pick two?

Three regions is a bit large, and unless you do it right, impossibly hard to ballance. The only methods I know of to balance it out are:
  • Bump the level count to something over 100
  • Make sure the average level of the regions doesn't exceed 100 by the end of the second region
  • Make the regions really small and plot-driven and not gym-driven
My game plans to feature three regions + a post game region, which is also really big. I've managed to determine a way to balance it out within my setting - having the player deposit all their team in a box to go on a cruise to the third region, but on arrival, the region's PC network is down and they can't access the PC till it's fixed (Which wouldn't be until they are close to done with the region's plot). This way, it keeps the levels from being topped at 100, and I don't need to bump the level cap past 100 just to make it work.
There's also the matter of maps, where, if you do things like I did at first, you'll run out of maps by the end of the first region or second region. What you need to do is to cluster similar maps, maps that can work together. cluster houses in the same city, cluster floors of an important building, just cluster it all together to cut down on space. It may not seem like much at the beginning, but assume that for one region it cuts down 60 spare maps. 60 maps per region, give or take, comes out to 180 maps. That's still a pretty decent chunk of maps you've saved space on. It probably wont be 60 - might be more, might be less - but it's still a good idea to get in the habit of it for a Multi-Region game.
If you do it right, a 3+ Region Game can be really well done - I won't know if mine is well done until I actually finish past the first region, but I can hope it will be!

And as for things I'm doing, I'm taking another break from working - my computer recently died and I can't really work on my netbook, as the game drops to 8 FPS while playing it - but I was working on a system for Erika's Gym in Celadon City, where if you stepped on 5 flowers, she denies your challenge for 24 hours.

Riansky

Purr
Years
Started to learn RGSS more seriously, making on my own dual screen menu script. Also started mapping a forest in my game and working on some tiles as always^^

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Starting to learn RGSS more seriously, and try to make my own scripts.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Updating the Essentials wiki to bring it in line with v12. I've gone through most of its pages now.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Currently trying to better accustom myself with Essentials so I can progress my game further. Always experimenting with scripts to see what would work and what wouldn't. And, of course, lots and lots of mapping. Love the work you've done so far with Essentials by the way Maruno.

Back