• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Crystal: Challenge Mode

TheBaconToastie

Through the Sea of Time
Years
gukWEYTlnc7Orav9cFED5qAKbLaFK4szZrEeCc6xc7E

A challenge mode I created for Pokemon Crystal as I've always loved GSC as a generation but it arguably has the easiest pokemon league out of all the pokemon games/regions and the gyms in Kanto (or Johto) weren't exactly the stiffest of tests.

Every trainer in the game has had their pokemon's levels increased and major trainers (Gym Leaders, Rival etc.) have had team re-shuffles and moveset changes in addition to increased pokemon levels to create a greater challenge.

I've tried to be as realistic as possible with this, sticking true to region's pokemon and trainer's personalities but all the while making AI pokemon and movesets viable and in general creating a sterner challenge for players.

Please give it a whirl if you fancy a challenge during your next playthrough of Crystal.

DOWNLOAD

Some example videos below;

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I've actually watched a few of these vids back then and I was wondering where's the link for it. Glad to see one here!

Back