• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Am i allowed ti use th "??" Slots that come after Celebii? I want to include Pachirisu and Chimchar in my game :)

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
1. I'm not sure, because that happened to me once and I just decided that I wouldn't use the map.

2. Of course you can as long as you put 0x in front of it. So 0x20A 0x20B 0x20C ... 0x20F, up to F they are all useable.

1. Just do what I did. Go to insert map, create and insert, it will ask you how many new maps, and what bank. By the way, let's say you do this while your on pallet town map. If you change the name on the new one, it'll change on the old one to, so I suggest makeing all the maps names into "Read the Sign!" So the player will read the sign on where they are. Use pokescript to make a new sign script.

MHERO

Pokemon Master/ Novice Hacker
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2009
Am i allowed ti use th "??" Slots that come after Celebii? I want to include Pachirisu and Chimchar in my game :)

Yes, but only in ruby using poképic and iconed. To change the name, use pokéTronic.

However, if you catch the ?? edited pokémon, the game will freeze, I think.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
You change it by using Hex or edit their pokemon using PET(or some other program I'm not aware of at the moment).
Shouldn't YOU already have known that(Since you are making a hack),(lol).

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
You change it by using Hex or edit their pokemon using PET(or some other program I'm not aware of at the moment).
Shouldn't YOU already have known that(Since you are making a hack),(lol).

Yeah I know how to change them :) But with Amplifier but it is a lil glitchy so.... could you PM me Pet please?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
PET is a good hack program to use... I think, since I am using Amplifier 2000 Ae, which is still in Beta and VERY glitchy... Oh well...

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Yeah I know how to change them :) But with Amplifier but it is a lil glitchy so.... could you PM me Pet please?

I'm going to have to do it later. now, Everything on my computer just got deleted:(.
so I'm starting the hack over.(so far I got new tiles, palettes, and overworld sprite).

trivium

pokemon trainer
Years
help

ok im looking for a program that changes the pokemon that appear in the pokedex, so instead of say pikachu being number 25 in the kanto dex making it like number 100 or something and replace it with another pokemon like wailmer or something. if you get what i mean.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
1) Is there a program that easily edits a Pokemon's dex entries? I know HackMew's releasing one in a few weeks, but is there any other way besides hex editing and/or AdvanceText? Also, don't suggest Dexter, because every single Dexter in EliteMap has a Trojan in it. >_>

2) Is it safe to edit the 20-ish ???s in-between Celebi and Treecko? I imagine that they freeze the game and such, but I was just wondering if it was safe [seeing as there is a hack that utilizes these spots with D/P Pokemon].

Years
2) Is it safe to edit the 20-ish ???s in-between Celebi and Treecko? I imagine that they freeze the game and such, but I was just wondering if it was safe [seeing as there is a hack that utilizes these spots with D/P Pokemon].
No, they won't destroy your game. They are only placeholders, nothing else. They behave like 'normal' pokemon, so no worries.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2009
Script offset question

Before I start the question I just would like to say that I'm portuguese so some words can be not right...

Well I want to know the Script offset of charizard in pokemon fire red but I dont know how to find it.
I'v heard that with an hex editor you were able to find it (dont remember where heard talk about) is that true? If yes can someone explain me how to do it? And if it is not true can someone tell me how to know the Script offset?

Dr.Garchomp

Mr.Gaburiasu
Years
I'm really no good at drawing spries on the computer so I'm asking in the nicest way I can..........can anyone make a firered GBA garchomp overworld sprite? I'd really like it if someone could message me one Thanks if you can help!!!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
What is the script command for the cable car movie on r/s/e

Im hacking RUBY by the way, if that changes anything...
It isn't really a script, its sorta ASM I think or a 'Special' command.
Can i get a script that only work if you use a squirtbottle (its for a berry tree)
You might not get that answer here. Try the Script sharing and Discussion thread.
I'm really no good at drawing spries on the computer so I'm asking in the nicest way I can..........can anyone make a firered GBA garchomp overworld sprite? I'd really like it if someone could message me one Thanks if you can help!!!
G.jpg
G-1.jpg

There You Go.

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Arghhhhh this annoys me so make when i'm making my rom, using Fire Red by the way!! When I edit a map with Trainers or sometimes just normal people that talk I play the game and after a battle, wild battle, goin into pokedex or pokemon party i turn into that person and can only move a couple of steps and its glitchy, the only way to fix it is if i delete all the people on the map, but if i do that there will never be any trainers :( Can someone please help?

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Kebbles

I've never heard of that problem before, but I think it has something to do with the trainers script, did you edit the script at all? Or are there any new scripts on the map. I don't think it could be a problem with the map. Try checking your connections and everything else around the map, including the border. This might happen if you've used cheats. It's either those few points or your rom is officialy corrupt.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Kebbles

I've never heard of that problem before, but I think it has something to do with the trainers script, did you edit the script at all? Or are there any new scripts on the map. I don't think it could be a problem with the map. Try checking your connections and everything else around the map, including the border. This might happen if you've used cheats. It's either those few points or your rom is officialy corrupt.

I asked this question about 6 months ago it never got answered but a copuple of members said they had the same problem. Nah i didnt edit the scirpt becoz i'm not a very good scripter so i just leave the scripts alone lol. Yeh i think it has sumthin 2 do with the trainers it happens more if i change the mini spirit of the person, or when i move them. Nah i dont use cheats..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back