• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

School days again...
Years
OMFG!!Thanks..Many many thanks.P:S i love you.

i tried inserting all of them only togekiss,lucario works
for magmortar and electivire it says no pallete found for the icon.
im using RHXP btw

I don't use RHXP because of that thing. So I just use paint and Icon ED. In paint, I put the first or second frame to grid then just trace it to Icon ED though it is hard to trace. :)

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
I think i know how to fix it for RHXP.
just use the colour background of togekiss and you can insert them in using RHXP.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Okay, my Advanced Map is having problems. :(

It won't save any maps for me. It can only save Map pictures and Event Pictures.

Like, lets say I'm making a map for a hack, and I want to save it. I press save, and I save it as Pokémon [game name here], but when I re-open Advanced Map and open up my game, and open up the town that has my map, it's not there anymore. D:

Anyone know what's up?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
well I dont know why this is hapening but what you can do is after you make your map export your map so when you fix the problem you can import your old maps also try giving ths a shot on a map you want to edit insert the same map then edit one tile then go back to see if it work oh and maby you ran out of free space for a map to re point (highly doubt) but its worth a try, try expaning your rm from 16mbs to 32mbs

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2010
I'm scripting in XSE (hacking FR) at the moment and I'd be grateful for a bit of help.
Nothing big, I'd just like a few questions answered.

1. There are lists in the tutorials containing all flags already used. Unfortunately, neither of the lists I saw also tells us what each flag is used for. Is there such a list? If so, where?
2. I'd like to create a script, that is executed the very moment the game starts. In other words, I want the script to be initiated as soon as a new game is started and the usual blather of whatever professor greets you (in FR Oak) has ended. How would I go about that?
3. I'm also looking for a script that allows me to change the overworld sprites in game. Meaning I'd like to be able to "dress" differently, similar to the "dressing" done before the competitions in the newer games. What do I have to do?
4. According to a tutorial, "call 0x1A74EB" triggers the nicknaming of a pokemon. Is there a list of all the (or the most common) offsets already used and the function they trigger? If so, where?

Thanking for your answers in advance.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
hi pipz. g'day to all~
I am trying to do some experimentation but I don't know where to go.
Anyways, I need to see an example of a trainer offset in a Ruby ROM, and the parts of the offset, e.g. this offset-->trainer class, then this-->trainer name and this-->trainer sprite so on...
Thanks~

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2010
Suggestions....

Could somebody suggest several good hacks to try out for a beginner, AKA myself? Preferably hacks which are finished or nearly finished and hacks for GBA and NDS versions of pokemon games.

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
Epically n00bish question, but when I make a script in XSE, how do I write it to the ROM? I went to the batch compiler and compiled it from there, but I didn't get an option to specify the offset, nor did it give me one.

Years
Epically n00bish question, but when I make a script in XSE, how do I write it to the ROM? I went to the batch compiler and compiled it from there, but I didn't get an option to specify the offset, nor did it give me one.

In XSE you have to use FSF (FreeSpaceFinder) to get the offset.
If you already have FSF then place it in your XSE folder and when you open XSE it will be under the tools tab.

Then open FSF, open your ROM and press search then you will get an offset =, then press copy and paste it behind the #dynamic 0x[offset].

Then you can compile your script and you'll get a pop up screen [if there's no bugs in your script] and then press copy and paste that offset in A-Map ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2009
Could somebody help me.....
Im new to hacking so first i tried sprite changing of pokemon
Im replacing Flygon with Roserade so the frontsprite and animation turned out great but
i cant figure out how to change the backsprite and Im using the shiny backsprite of roserade to replace the backsprite of flygon.........
When I tested the game the backsprite image was ok but the palette is wrong or distorted
I tried many tutorials but it shows the same result and even though the backsprite I used is indexed
So could somebody tell me how to fix this
Oh and by the way im hacking Pokemon Emerald
Thanks

School days again...
Years
Could somebody help me.....
Im new to hacking so first i tried sprite changing of pokemon
Im replacing Flygon with Roserade so the frontsprite and animation turned out great but
i cant figure out how to change the backsprite and Im using the shiny backsprite of roserade to replace the backsprite of flygon.........
When I tested the game the backsprite image was ok but the palette is wrong or distorted
I tried many tutorials but it shows the same result and even though the backsprite I used is indexed
So could somebody tell me how to fix this
Oh and by the way im hacking Pokemon Emerald
Thanks

Try this tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159773

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Can anyone please tell me the Offset for the Grass Animation in Ruby is please in Tile molester Alternate?

hoone

Anyone over 20? Dang.
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2009
I was just looking through the emerald and firered codes, and I'm wondering this.
Is there way to make trainer battles like link battles? (no item and no warning on switch)
For battle tower and frontier in these games, it looks like it uses special functions and it just runs the function through the randomly generated battles.

Is there a way?

Years
Could somebody suggest several good hacks to try out for a beginner, AKA myself? Preferably hacks which are finished or nearly finished and hacks for GBA and NDS versions of pokemon games.

NDS - You won't find many as of now.

GBA - Check the Hacks Showcase.

In XSE you have to use FSF (FreeSpaceFinder) to get the offset.
If you already have FSF then place it in your XSE folder and when you open XSE it will be under the tools tab.

Then open FSF, open your ROM and press search then you will get an offset =, then press copy and paste it behind the #dynamic 0x[offset].

Then you can compile your script and you'll get a pop up screen [if there's no bugs in your script] and then press copy and paste that offset in A-Map ;)

I think if you just go: 'dynamic 0x800000', then compile XSE will give you an offset with the correct amount of bytes. Or at least that's what i do.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Hey there im looking for a train sprite..can any tell me where can i get it?
i search everywhere but i cant find it..
i just need a G/S/C or HG/SS train sprite so that i can revamped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back