• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Elitomknee

Pokemon Qwertyuiop Creator
Years
Yeah For Hackmew

Hackmew has very good programs except I don't get XSE :( But All in all hes a good programmer scripter and stuff.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Haha, you guys'll love the new upgrades to XSE, even if the boxset thing is - wait, nothing.
Oh, -Hackmew-, FSF seems to be slightly dodgy... In a hex editor, the place it says has 500 bytes of free space has.. well...absolutely none.

Years
Haha, you guys'll love the new upgrades to XSE, even if the boxset thing is - wait, nothing.
Oh, -Hackmew-, FSF seems to be slightly dodgy... In a hex editor, the place it says has 500 bytes of free space has.. well...absolutely none.

Maybe 500 is too much for a single offset for FSF to deal with?

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Great job! I really want to see the pokemnon Editor Advance get finished. I've always wanted a way to change dex data without dexter.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
True, I didn't post much info about XSE till now. Expcet bug fixes, those are the main things I did so far:

• I need speed!
    Script loading, decompiling, debugging/compiling and all the other common operations have been optimized and improved for best perfomance.
    Time is important, let's not waste it.
  • Yes. No. No to All?
    When there are at least two tabs open while closing XSE, a new dialog will apper, letting you a wider range of choices: Yes, No, Yes to All, No to All. And Cancel, of course.
  • Print Me
    Actually available since early betas but commented out later, the Print function got restored to its full glory.
  • Enhanced File Association
    Not just script files, but .gba ROMs too: an "Open with XSE" menu would be added.
    Also, the file association does not require admin rights any more, and it's Vista-aware meaning it will work just fine with UAC on.
  • Invalid command detected
    XSE is now able to detect those commands that wouldn't be ever working with the ROM you're hacking, e.g. trying to compile a textcolor command into a Ruby ROM.
    A parameter amount check was added to let you debug easily your scripts.
  • Aliases
    For those who don't know it already, aliases are those custom keywords you can use instead of commands names, for example. If you're pretty lazy, and you want to use "givepk" instead of "givepokemon", you are free to do so.
  • ' // ; This is a comment
    From now on, XSE will support 2 new inline comments. The old inline comment plus the block comment are still supported, don't worry.

Code:
    ' Comment here
    // Same as above
    ; Got it?

/* In case
    you didn't
    read once more 
    */
  • Decompile Options
    Customizing the way XSE decompiles scripts is now possible. You can choose between 3 different modes (Enhanced, Normal and Strict) and more. A refactoring options is included as well: turn your decompiled scipt into dynamic ones!
  • Beyond any limits
    XSE is fully compatible with expanded ROMs now. A ROM Resizer, available under the Tools menu, will help you expanding your ROMs (or shrinking them back).
  • Better Text Adjusting
    Text adjusting got even easier and better. Just paste any text inside the adjuster to get it adjusted in no time.
    Also, you can re-adjust text from now on: simply select the whole line where your text is, and then press Shift+Ctrl+A.
    Then all you have to do is editing the text, and when you're done pressing Convert and Insert will put your new text into the script.
  • Brand New Shortcuts
    New keyboard shortcuts have been added. For example, there's Shift+Ctrl+F which will open the folder where the current script/ROM is.
  • Stay up-to-date
    An auto update function was introduced so that you won't miss any updates.
    If there are some updates available, XSE will notice you. Otherwhise it won't bug you.
    If you really want to, it can be turned off easily.
  • Inline Command Help
    As you type, XSE will display some short, useful information about the command/construct/directive you're writing.
  • No tabs?
    At a first glance you may think tabs are gone. Wrong, indeed. Till you get 2 tabs, they will be hidden, so same space is saved.
    By the way, while the previous tab limit was set to 10, now it will depends on XSE window size. No more than 20, anyway.
  • Updated Guide
    The guide was updated (or should I say updgraded?) so now there are more examples, explanations and reference materials.

Please, don't ask me for possible dates, because I can't give you any.
I wouldn't like to be late.

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
nice job hackmew! the features you added will be useful!

sharkshank

Banned
Years
Asking

Hey im just asking, can you do all the scripts you can do with {pokescript} with XSE?
Like CopyVar, and all those things. the tutorials dont say them..

Thanks, its really easy to script now.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey im just asking, can you do all the scripts you can do with {pokescript} with XSE?
Like CopyVar, and all those things. the tutorials dont say them..

Thanks, its really easy to script now.

Nope, you can do much more :D

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Care to elaborate a little? I guess I may include something like that in my next tools.
Maybe include it in Pokemon Editor Advance?

To change the effect of the ability (text, effect). Like this:

DRIZZLE (able to rename)

Select:

-Weather ability (changes weather; Drizzle)
-Resistance ability (resistance to specific type; Lightningrod)
-1.5 power ability (rises an attack in a pinch; Overgrow)
-Change-type ability (changes type when an attack hits; Color Change)
-more, I can't remember...

Teddiursa™

Never Give up
Years
Reccomendation

Do you reccomend I use XSE now that I've come back?
Im used to pokescript, but would it be worth it to learn XSE..
Concidering it has lots more Features?
I think they should make a thread: XSE vs Pokescript
Not do compare but to see what they would use.

Well GL with the tool.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Do you reccomend I use XSE now that I've come back?
Im used to pokescript, but would it be worth it to learn XSE..
Concidering it has lots more Features?
I think they should make a thread: XSE vs Pokescript
Not do compare but to see what they would use.

Well GL with the tool.

Yes use XSE. Its easier then Pokescript and better. Its really easy to use. There are some useful tutorials you may look at. So yeah use XSE!

Years
Well, I have a suggestion for APE, maybe it is suggested before but I haven't seen it.
How about a APRipper wich ripps the pallete of the image you want to insert to a .pal file wich can later be inserted in APE when you inserted the image.
This sure would make editing a titlescreen easier.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Well, I have a suggestion for APE, maybe it is suggested before but I haven't seen it.
How about a APRipper wich ripps the pallete of the image you want to insert to a .pal file wich can later be inserted in APE when you inserted the image.
This sure would make editing a titlescreen easier.

You know what? I thought about something similar a while ago.
Basically you would open an image, and APE would grab the palette stored there.
I will see what can I do for the next version. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Back