• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunaboy88

Special Beam Cannon!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
Standisaf:
Standisaf.png

As always, please let me know what you think may need to be improved.

if i'm correct you created this fakemon from a Porygon?

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
How are these?
starters1.png
<---Starters from the first page.

Got some new Pokemon to show you:
Klappey:
Klappey.png

Lorattie(Please let me know which one is a better color):
Lorattie.png

Standisaf:
Standisaf.png

Anyway, these are great and all, but they are much too big. When I sprite, I always get a similar official pokemon sprite out to compare it to. (With the starters I posted, I used charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle. (Mine could still be a bit smaller too. xD)
squirtle.png
charmander.png
bulbasaur.png
) Klappey, I imagine, is maybe zigzagoon sized.
zigzagoon.png
The Lorattie should be probably smaller than that. Certainly not bigger than Latias sized.
latias-f.png
Only a mere fraction of that. The Standisaf could even be smaller in some places. Now my favorite out of the bunch is the first, though I'd probably like the bunnies if they were a lot smaller. =3 One more tip, like on the Lorattie for example, the eye on the left should be cut off a bit. Take the zigzagoon for example. Because its head is turned toward the player, its eye is a little cut off from view.

Otherwise, you did a great job with the coloring. =3

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Got some new Pokemon to show you:
Klappey:
Klappey.png

Lorattie(Please let me know which one is a better color):
Lorattie.png

Standisaf:
Standisaf.png

Ok, on these, great job, but I agree with Vannah. They do look very well done, just quite big ^^ Fix that, and they'll be great

if you need a front image spriter I can do that, I have miles too much spare time, and that would fill it up a lot.
Well, I'd have to see some work first, I can't just add you to the team without knowing what your sprites are like ^^

if i'm correct you created this fakemon from a Porygon?
Actually, its completely seperate :D You will know once you see its evo ^^

How are these?
starters1.png

Anyway, these are great and all, but they are much too big. When I sprite, I always get a similar official pokemon sprite out to compare it to. (With the starters I posted, I used charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle. (Mine could still be a bit smaller too. xD)
squirtle.png
charmander.png
bulbasaur.png
zigzagoon.png
The Lorattie should be probably smaller than that. Certainly not bigger than Latias sized.
latias-f.png
Only a mere fraction of that. The Standisaf could even be smaller in some places. Now my favorite out of the bunch is the first, though I'd probably like the bunnies if they were a lot smaller. =3 One more tip, like on the Lorattie for example, the eye on the left should be cut off a bit. Take the zigzagoon for example. Because its head is turned toward the player, its eye is a little cut off from view.

Well, thankyou very much for your in depth rating! ^^ I've already told you what I think of the sprites, but I'll let the public say what they think before we insert them.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
How are these?
starters1.png

squirtle.png
charmander.png
bulbasaur.png
zigzagoon.png
latias-f.png

I love the water starter you made. They're all great but the first is my fave. ^^

MegaMaccer

Years
Standisaf:
Standisaf.png

well what i meant was really the colour of this fakemon came from a porygon if im correct?
Possibly some of the palette came from Porygon, yeah ^^. But the overall pokemon is very different :D

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
Noi, noi.

This is looking great...umm....is this made from RMXP?
No, no, zis is emulation, ya?

The fakemon are easy to figure out.. What I mean is you can tell what they are going to replace.. You should fix that.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
I love the water starter you made. They're all great but the first is my fave. ^^

I appreciate that. Thanks. ^^ Hmm...that Standisaf. It looks rather strange, now that I've looked at the artz for it. Its not obvious that the pink part of the feet are attached to the green portion. Maybe make the lines connecting the parts a lighter color? There should be a few slit marks for the toes. o-o Also, try to make the pink circular part of the eyes. The pokemon has pink pupils, not catlike pupils. =3 And the eye should be more...almond shaped. Also, I noticed that there should be another degree of shading. There should be another lighter color on both the green and the pink. Its especially visible that its not there because the pokemon has such a rounded figure ^^.

The fakemon are easy to figure out.. What I mean is you can tell what they are going to replace.. You should fix that.

I can understand with the similar colorations of standisaf/porygon, but honestly, a lot of these fakemon are very original. ^^ I happen to like a lot of them.

This is a hack, lad. o-O

MegaMaccer

Years
Nope, its a Hack of Fire Red ^^

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.... Can you maybe elaborate a bit? We ourselves still are not certain what to replace :D But I don't think that matters, as each new Pokemon will have its own stats, icons, Pokedex Description, everything ^^

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Here's some backsprites. o-o
starter1backsprites.png

Cool back sprites! Although Squibeel's ears look funny. But they're pretty good. I like the shading a lot.

---
Hi, I'm one of the spriters, just to clear that up. And you've seen some of my sprites here. So I hope you've liked them.

And Mac, I've made a new support banner. I hope you like it! ^^

imhxy0.jpg

I went ahead and used a screen shot, if that's alright. I just edited it a little. And I hope everyone likes it!

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Cool back sprites! Although Squibeel's ears look funny. But they're pretty good. I like the shading a lot.

---
Hi, I'm one of the spriters, just to clear that up. And you've seen some of my sprites here. So I hope you've liked them.

And Mac, I've made a new support banner. I hope you like it! ^^

imhxy0.jpg

I went ahead and used a screen shot, if that's alright. I just edited it a little. And I hope everyone likes it!

Yeah, I knew that. XDD I didn't want to make the sprite too big though. I'll fix it up a bit and edit this post with the new sprite a little later. EDIT:
beel.png

Last edited:

MegaMaccer

Years
Yeah, I knew that. XDD I didn't want to make the sprite too big though. I'll fix it up a bit and edit this post with the new sprite a little later. EDIT:
beel.png
They are great ^^ That new Squibeel back is much better. I'm guessing you are moving on to the evos now?

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
beel.png

It looks better. A lot better. You are very good with shading. It looks almost like a real sprite.

I hope this game turns out well, and with all the Pokemon sprites we have so far, I think it will be awesome.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Yep and thanks. ^^, but before I do... I edited this little guy. And sorry, won't be posting the evos here. It would spoil the surprise! I'll do a few more first stage evos though. =3
starters1.png
----->
starters11.png

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
what can I say?
those sprites are really REALLY cute and awesomely well made, especially their backsprites... ^^
though the front sprite of the fire starter needs some work though... :\
it doesn't look as good as the other two.

anyways, good luck with this hack project~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back