• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
Years
Is there a place I can find all of the tags used on PC? I just recently discovered the [user] tag by experimentation, but I can't just guess every time.

If they are somewhere in the "reply" box, forgive my stupidity XD

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Is there a place I can find all of the tags used on PC? I just recently discovered the [user] tag by experimentation, but I can't just guess every time.

If they are somewhere in the "reply" box, forgive my stupidity XD
Yep, it's right here! And don't feel stupid, those links are hard to see. :P

Nurse Joy

Years
First of all, I just want to say "thank you" for your help. I'd be so lost if it wasn't for you guys ;w;
I love this thread <3

My question: Who adds the emotes on this site? I use "^^;" a lot, so I think there should really be an emote for it. I've even found one~!
animesweat.gif

Is there someone who adds these emotes?

I know it's really trivial, but I'd still like to know.

Years
Well, there is a set list of all the emotes we have here, usually the various smileys and the Pokemon ones, if that's what you're referencing?

Either way, we have images and such like that uploaded to the server, in most cases. Rank images, etc.

Nurse Joy

Years
Well, there is a set list of all the emotes we have here, usually the various smileys and the Pokemon ones, if that's what you're referencing?

Either way, we have images and such like that uploaded to the server, in most cases. Rank images, etc.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I'm just wondering if it's possible to add more and who is in charge of that.

Nurse Joy

Years
What happened to the Simple Questions Thread of the ROM Hacking Forum? Why was it locked?
I have a rather simple question about ROM Hacking, but I don't know where I should ask it.
Well, the question I want to ask is:

"What should I do first when hacking a ROM? Is there something I need to do before anything else, like changing the world map or something? Or can I do anything I want first?

Also, should I use patches first? I don't want to use a ROM base, I mean decapitalization patches and Fairy type patches and whatnot."

Where should I ask this question? :/

Thanks!

Yes, it's probably possible to add more. That's probably a job for the Staff Administrators to handle.

I guess I'm the only one who asks questions xD
Thanks for your help, but it's not important enough to ask one of them to do it.

Chiere

Banned
Years
I have a question about my signature. Underneath the image, the line "Legend of Zelda for the Win" is supposed to show. And it does show up in the Edit Signature page. However, the text isn't showing up under the image in my posts. What is going on with that?

Nurse Joy

Years
I have a question about my signature. Underneath the image, the line "Legend of Zelda for the Win" is supposed to show. And it does show up in the Edit Signature page. However, the text isn't showing up under the image in my posts. What is going on with that?

Huh? I can see it... That's odd that you can't O.o

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I edited my signature to meet the height requirement, but the text still isn't showing up in my posts. Anything else I can try?

Your signature has a scroll-bar, so that means it's breaking the limit. :( Maximum signature height is 350px, but your gif, though, is 370--larger by 20 pixels. Just make it a little smaller (I'd suggest you should cut it off by about 40px, so that you could have your text show up, too), and you should be all good to go.

Dban1

To Be The Best ROM Hacker
Years
Hi I just started using Pokemon Essentials, and I'm trying to create a move where the user changes the opponent's stats back to normal. So far it isn't working in the Script.rxdata, and nothing happens in the game when I use it. Here's how the script looks for the move:

[S-HIGHLIGHT]class PokeBattle_Move_13B < PokeBattle_Move
def pbEffect(opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
for i in 0...4
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::ATTACK] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::DEFENSE] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::SPEED] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::SPATK] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::SPDEF] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::ACCURACY] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::EVASION] = 0
end
pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,nil,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("All opponents' stat changes were eliminated!"))
return 0
end
end[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Years
Hi I just started using Pokemon Essentials, and I'm trying to create a move where the user changes the opponent's stats back to normal. So far it isn't working in the Script.rxdata, and nothing happens in the game when I use it. Here's how the script looks for the move:

[S-HIGHLIGHT]class PokeBattle_Move_13B < PokeBattle_Move
def pbEffect(opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
for i in 0...4
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::ATTACK] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::DEFENSE] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::SPEED] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::SPATK] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::SPDEF] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::ACCURACY] = 0
@battle.opponent.stages[PBStats::EVASION] = 0
end
pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,nil,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
@battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("All opponents' stat changes were eliminated!"))
return 0
end
end[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Have you perhaps tried looking at our Pokémon Essentials section here on PC for help?

Please keep in mind that this section is only for questions related to the community. :)

shadedbluewhitered

Fwhaha! I'm the Mastermind!
Years
My question is, how to make gifs functional on this forum?

I noticed that karatekid552's work perfectly fine, but I can't seem to get mine to work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My question is, how to make gifs functional on this forum?

I noticed that karatekid552's work perfectly fine, but I can't seem to get mine to work.

They should work like all other type of images; just upload them to a good host (such as TinyPic), and use tag. For example, if I were to embed [B][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/pichusquared/statusicon/forum_new.gif"]this[/URL][/B], this is how the code would look:

[PLAIN][img]http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/pichusquared/statusicon/forum_new.gif[/PLAIN]

I hope this helps, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back