• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Getting into the TCG...

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
So I'm getting into the Pokemon TCG after playing Yugioh for a few years and I have some questions about product available.

In yugioh there were core sets, side sets and starter / structure decks. In Pokemon I've seen boxes like Dragon's Majesty and Elite Trainer boxes.

Are these worth buying for a new player and do they contain anything rare?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Dragon Majesty is a mini set, only available through promotional products (as opposed to retailing as loose packs) there are some great cards in the set and the pull rate is technically higher than other packs.

In Pok?mon there are staples that are in most decks, right now they're

Tapu Lele GX
Cynthia
Nest Ball
Guzma
Lillie

Tapu Lele GX is getting a promo print soon so will be cheaper, Cynthia is kinda pricey but there are two of her in the garchomp theme deck making it easy enough to find them.

You're honestly much better off buying singles in this game. Some of the later sets have shocking pull rates and you'd spend a lot more opening packs than you ever would on singles

There's no real equivilent to the structure decks. The theme decks are all bad (though the two from ultra prism and the two from Celestial storm are ok bases for better decks). There are sometimes products called battle arena decks that come out but those are for expanded normally.

Back