• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Are these cards real or fake?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2018
Hello. I am wondering if these cards I have, which seem to have quite a few errors, are real or fake. I got them years ago from my parents out of a pokemon pack they bought me for Christmas in (I believe) 2007. I feel like they are fake based on the number of errors they have and the fact that I got them all at the same time, but I want to be 100% sure. I'm also unsure of how I even got fakes and how they even get into the packs in the first place.

The first card is Magmortar Lv. X #123/123 -- Magmortar Lv. X has no holofoil on it at all even though it's Lv. X
The second is Magmortar 12/123. -- Magmortar has no holofoil but appears as if it should.
The third card is "Quilave" 60/123. -- Quilava is spelled with an "e" at the end instead of an "a". "Quilave".

Attachments

• Mag lvl X front.jpg
    Mag lvl X front.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Mag lvl X back.jpg
    Mag lvl X back.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Mag front.jpg
    Mag front.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Mag back.jpg
    Mag back.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Quil front.jpg
    Quil front.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Quil back.jpg
    Quil back.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2

icycatelf

Alex
Years
100% fake. The "flat" holofoil pattern, bloated Energy (only used for Energy card artwork), and lack of the accented é in Pokémon are common giveaways of counterfeits.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Do you remember what kind of pack they were in? If it was a regular foil booster, the others in that pack were probably fake as well. If they were loose cards in a plastic blister pack, there could've been some real cards among them. The loose-card blisters are packaged by third party companies and they sometimes get counterfeits in there. I remember getting a fake (though pretty convincing) Combusken in one before.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
how do i ad a foto? I have found four cards and I think they are fake. But before throwing them away I woul like a second opinion.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
how do i ad a foto? I have found four cards and I think they are fake. But before throwing them away I woul like a second opinion.
Click Edit (for an existing post) or Go Advanced in the Quick Reply section (for new posts), then scroll down to Additional Options. There you'll find an "Attach Files" option.

It'd be a shame to throw them away when you could use them for craft projects (like making your own "just for fun" cards and gluing them to the fakes).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Click Edit (for an existing post) or Go Advanced in the Quick Reply section (for new posts), then scroll down to Additional Options. There you'll find an "Attach Files" option.

It'd be a shame to throw them away when you could use them for craft projects (like making your own "just for fun" cards and gluing them to the fakes).
Its not working. I keep receiveing this
"A security token was missing. If this occurred unexpectedly, please contact us and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Back