• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Codec. Tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Thanks H20, Out of all my tiles, that probably took the longest!

Cherrygrove-10.png

Another Update for Today! Added a Tree and a mart..

Last edited:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Cherrygrove-13.png

I added yet another update (Arent I Awesome!!?!?)
I fixed a few houses a bit, and added yet another plat house..

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
The pallete seems to be too... soft.
Other than that they are great, I've never seen enyone make an indoor tileset except for Kyledove and Alistair.

Years
Holy Christ!
These are wicked! How have I never seen these before?!
I have a suggestion, regarding the HG SS Pokemon Centre- it seems that the walls (ie either side of the door) are just that bit too far down. Try making it so the bottom of the wall stops a little further back, just to see if it looks any different. Other than that, though, they're all awesome, very well done.
Have you ever tried making one of those Japanese-style houses? You know, wooden framed, big brown "layered" roof, you'd expect people are drinking tea inside or something?
If you ever did make one, I'd sure like to see it, sir ;P.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Other than that they are great, I've never seen enyone make an indoor tileset except for Kyledove and Alistair.

What about me :P Anyway I am gunna have to agree the pallet is a bit soft, remember what I told you about contrasts, try to do the details darker to make them stand out more.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years

Hmm - Ok I will work on it thanks man
Holy Christ!
These are wicked! How have I never seen these before?!
I have a suggestion, regarding the HG SS Pokemon Centre- it seems that the walls (ie either side of the door) are just that bit too far down. Try making it so the bottom of the wall stops a little further back, just to see if it looks any different. Other than that, though, they're all awesome, very well done.
Have you ever tried making one of those Japanese-style houses? You know, wooden framed, big brown "layered" roof, you'd expect people are drinking tea inside or something?
If you ever did make one, I'd sure like to see it, sir ;P.

Wow Thanks!
I dont understand what you meant by the Pokecenter thing - could you repeat please? and about the Japanese house :) HeHeHe.. A SUGGESTION!!!
What about me :P Anyway I am gunna have to agree the pallet is a bit soft, remember what I told you about contrasts, try to do the details darker to make them stand out more.
Ok Thanks Alucus.
------------------------------
I hope I have managed to fix it up a little..
bedroomfull1-3.png

Years
Yes, of course, reading the posts above me I was merely suggesting what project you could undertake next. Lol.
Ok, expe-la-nation time.
You see the Pokemon center, how the doorway protrudes outward from the front wall, ever so slightly? You see the bottom of the wall that the doorway is protruding from? What I'm saying is to move that wall back a bit, so that it looks like the door is protruding further. Just a tiny bit, two or three pixels would do. Just try that and see how it looks. Is this more clear?
It's still excellent, like everything else, I'm just curious as to what it'd look like. (if you still don't understand, I'll do it and show you what I mean, if you like).
Those indoor tiles are perfect, too- the palettes are ok, too, but I think maybe try changing the colour of the wall, it may look better. But it's still great. [/friendly criticism :D]

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Not much a fan of those indoor tiles, the walls are unrealistically proportioned while the bed looks almost completely flat. Another thing I noticed was on your outside tiles you use very solid lines through most of everything. What I mean is you use that dark black outline color for more than is needed when a subtler color which blends in more. If you really wanted a DS style you would have noticed that not much of this stuff is outlined in full Black.

None the less it is pretty good. Really if you want to add your own flare to the DS style then I say all for it I just wanted to give you some advice since it is a pixel thread and CC should be the main form of posts.

Cheers :D

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Yes, of course, reading the posts above me I was merely suggesting what project you could undertake next. Lol.
Ok, expe-la-nation time.
You see the Pokemon center, how the doorway protrudes outward from the front wall, ever so slightly? You see the bottom of the wall that the doorway is protruding from? What I'm saying is to move that wall back a bit, so that it looks like the door is protruding further. Just a tiny bit, two or three pixels would do. Just try that and see how it looks. Is this more clear?
It's still excellent, like everything else, I'm just curious as to what it'd look like. (if you still don't understand, I'll do it and show you what I mean, if you like).
Those indoor tiles are perfect, too- the palettes are ok, too, but I think maybe try changing the colour of the wall, it may look better. But it's still great. [/friendly criticism :D]
Ok I will attempt to fix it. And thanks :)
you've got some really good sprites :D
Thanks
Not much a fan of those indoor tiles, the walls are unrealistically proportioned while the bed looks almost completely flat. Another thing I noticed was on your outside tiles you use very solid lines through most of everything. What I mean is you use that dark black outline color for more than is needed when a subtler color which blends in more. If you really wanted a DS style you would have noticed that not much of this stuff is outlined in full Black.

None the less it is pretty good. Really if you want to add your own flare to the DS style then I say all for it I just wanted to give you some advice since it is a pixel thread and CC should be the main form of posts.

Cheers :D
Ok, I know bout the Indoor tiles, I too dont like my own walls. And DS Style, well when I put the DS Style tiles, i meant the HGSS,DPP. But in my own style, thanks.

Starting new project with Crimson, I do Kanto/Hoenn he does Sinnoh/Johto.

th_pallet.png
viridian.png

I havent done the lab yet so stay tuned ^^

Guess What Everybody!
My Project with Ace - I mean Crimson Stardust is working out great!
I have completed Viridian City 's buildings (I think)
And will be moving on to Pewter City. If I missed a building please tell me...
viridi10.png

Last edited:

School days again...
Years
Ok I will attempt to fix it. And thanks :)

Thanks

Ok, I know bout the Indoor tiles, I too dont like my own walls. And DS Style, well when I put the DS Style tiles, i meant the HGSS,DPP. But in my own style, thanks.

Starting new project with Crimson, I do Kanto/Hoenn he does Sinnoh/Johto.

th_pallet.png
viridian.png

I havent done the lab yet so stay tuned ^^

Guess What Everybody!
My Project with Ace - I mean Crimson Stardust is working out great!
I have completed Viridian City 's buildings (I think)
And will be moving on to Pewter City. If I missed a building please tell me...
viridi10.png

Wow, I like the tiles, they improved alot! About the first house, the space beside the door is kinda big, so can you move the door a bit to the left and it will be just great.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
First of all, it isnt missing colours it is meant to be like that.
and bout the angle.. can you elaborate on that?

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
I added a Some Saffron City Tiles!
And Upgraded my Ceruleans.
Saffron.png

ceruleanhouse-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back