• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Showcase] "Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well I got the Umbreon box today, I was able to price match it and had a 5 dollar off coupon so I guess I can feel better about getting 6 non holo rares a second time.

Also paying 30 dollars for a pin. I really wish Pokemon would go back to making pin 3 packs instead of these 40-50 dollar packs.

I see a lot of people complaining about pulling nothing in these boxes, maybe there is something to it. I've only bought one myself (Decidueye GX Box) and only got 1 holo rare.

If you really like collecting the pins, a few get released in 3 pack boxes which are cheaper. If you can find the Generations boxes from last year, they're really fun packs to open. I bought two (Meloetta and Arceus) for £7 each last month and got two EXs in the packs.

I think my next pin box purchase will be the Tapu-Lele one coming out soon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 16, 2017
Hey, not sure if this is the right spot or if I should have made a new thread for this. I just need some advice , I got some Platinum and HGSS booster packs, one theme deck (mind flood) and some kind of booster package with a coin, a promo card and then there are 3 booster packs in it which two are HGSS packs and the last one I can't seem to know the name considering it is covered by the coin and the other pack. And I want to sell these things, is it better to open these packs, put them in plastic containers and sell individually or just sell them in packs as they are?

Kind regards, Clueless guy.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Just counted and here's all the pins I have, the M Tyranitar pin and M Camerupt pins were both released previously in smaller packs I believe so I didn't buy the large packs. Also not sure how I got the M Beedrill pin, didn't buy that box either.

Spoiler:

Years
Opened a Plasma Freeze TCGO booster tonight. Rare was Hariyama, and the pack also contained a Shadow Triad.

Just counted and here's all the pins I have, the M Tyranitar pin and M Camerupt pins were both released previously in smaller packs I believe so I didn't buy the large packs. Also not sure how I got the M Beedrill pin, didn't buy that box either.

Spoiler:

I have a feeling this list of pins puts mine to shame. IDK. I've never actually bothered to tally what I've got for pins and figures from the TCG.

Years

Spoiler:
That's an amazing collection, any chance you've got a picture of them all?

I wonder when they started doing pins, if it was only in XY era then you must have most of the ones made so far.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Screen_Shot_2017-08-02_at_6.07.05_PM.png

This is your friendly reminder that "Secret Rare" cards in Evolutions take an Uncommon slot.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
That's an amazing collection, any chance you've got a picture of them all?

I wonder when they started doing pins, if it was only in XY era then you must have most of the ones made so far.

I took a picture of them and posted it on my Twitter but I'm currently on an ipad so I can't post pictures directly on the site. I usually post pictures to twitter then I copy and paste the direct link here so the picture appears on the site.

I hope they release more regular non mega Pokemon as pins, especially the eeveelutions.

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Aug 26, 2017
I was really surprised after opening my first Sun & Moon pack to get a Tauros GX! I did not expect that in my very first Sun & Moon pack.

My son was super excited to get a GX in his first Sun & Moon pack! {XD}

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Today's TCGO booster was a freebie Steam Siege one from the Daily Rewards. Rare was Hydreigon and the Trainers were Steelix Spirit Link and Claw Fossil Anorith.

I was really surprised after opening my first Sun & Moon pack to get a Tauros GX! I did not expect that in my very first Sun & Moon pack.

My son was super excited to get a GX in his first Sun & Moon pack! {XD}

Please keep all "look what I just got!" posts to the "look what I just got!" thread, thank you. Next video posted as a standalone thread will be deleted rather than moved.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I buy packets once in a while, just to get some nice art. A few days ago I got three and my best pull was this full-art Sylveon from the Sun & Moon Burning Shadows pack. It's shining, too!

Attachments

• IMG_20170809_164319.jpg
    IMG_20170809_164319.jpg
    903.9 KB · Views: 6
Years
Very nice!

I opened a Burning Shadows ETB today:

Pack 1: Full Art Wicke, Escape Rope
Pack 2: Alolan Raticate, Super Scoop Up
Pack 3: reverse holo Toxicroak, Gyarados, Tormenting Spray
Pack 4: Turtonator
Pack 5: Meowstic, Rotom Dex, Escape Rope, Sophocles
Pack 6: Persian, Escape Rope, Sophocles
Pack 7: reverse holo Wishful Baton, secret rare Bodybuilding Dumbbells, Lana, Tormenting Spray
Pack 8: reverse holo Heracross, Toxicroak

Two very surprising pulls that were way better than my first 16 packs of BUS.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Just pulled a holo Charizard from XY Evolutions! Didn't think I'd ever get one of those again without buying a single, new or old lol. Also got a holo Poliwrath so that was exciting too. :)

Spoiler:

Years
Today's pack was a TCGO Burning Shadows pack. Pulled Bodybuilding Dumbbells and Scolipede from the pack.

Just pulled a holo Charizard from XY Evolutions! Didn't think I'd ever get one of those again without buying a single, new or old lol. Also got a holo Poliwrath so that was exciting too. :)

Spoiler:

Evolutions is quite the nostalgia trip pack for a lot of older players, I've noticed.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Today's pack was a TCGO Burning Shadows pack. Pulled Bodybuilding Dumbbells and Scolipede from the pack.

Evolutions is quite the nostalgia trip pack for a lot of older players, I've noticed.

I agree. Those of us who collected the original base sets definitely target Evolutions if the opportunity presents itself. I mean, I certainly do at least! It was 1996 and the first of my obsession with Pokemon and collecting. I practically can't help it, lol.

I also pulled that bilingual Exeggutor too. Though, I don't know much about it other than it's a promo card.
Spoiler:

Lastly, I got an Ampharos from Steam Siege, 40/114 ... Yet another one Bulbapedia doesn't seem to have much info about. The holo is weird too. I mean, I think it's holo? It seems extraordinarily dim compared to even the newer cards. I can't really tell what it is, tbh!

Years
Opened a Burning Shadows pack in the TCGO today. Rares were a reverse holo Raichu and an Alolan Muk GX, and the trainers were Weakness Policy and Po Town.

I agree. Those of us who collected the original base sets definitely target Evolutions if the opportunity presents itself. I mean, I certainly do at least! It was 1996 and the first of my obsession with Pokemon and collecting. I practically can't help it, lol.

I also pulled that bilingual Exeggutor too. Though, I don't know much about it other than it's a promo card.
Spoiler:

Lastly, I got an Ampharos from Steam Siege, 40/114 ... Yet another one Bulbapedia doesn't seem to have much info about. The holo is weird too. I mean, I think it's holo? It seems extraordinarily dim compared to even the newer cards. I can't really tell what it is, tbh!

The thing about that Exeggutor is that the original was a promo card, but that one you pulled is classified as a secret rare for the English release, as are several other Imakuni cards in Evolutions. Actually some pretty crazy luck.

For that Ampharos, it's a function of the card art that makes it appear so dim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back