• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 18, 2017
I've got a Dark Dragonite 15/109 ex Team Rocket Returns like this one:

(Can't post links yet - but if you search ebay for this: "Pokemon - DARK DRAGONITE Ex Team Rocket Returns Holo Card 15/109 PSA Graded 10" you should see what I'm talking about)

Only difference is that the text on mine that says 'ex Team Rocket Returns' is in silver instead of that gold/orange color. Also the holographic parts of the picture seem to be different. At first I was excited that I couldn't find it online, thinking that it was super rare, but now I'm thinking it must be a fake. Real or fake? And if real, possible value?

Thanks for any help.

Years
I've got a Dark Dragonite 15/109 ex Team Rocket Returns like this one:

(Can't post links yet - but if you search ebay for this: "Pokemon - DARK DRAGONITE Ex Team Rocket Returns Holo Card 15/109 PSA Graded 10" you should see what I'm talking about)

Only difference is that the text on mine that says 'ex Team Rocket Returns' is in silver instead of that gold/orange color. Also the holographic parts of the picture seem to be different. At first I was excited that I couldn't find it online, thinking that it was super rare, but now I'm thinking it must be a fake. Real or fake? And if real, possible value?

Thanks for any help.

Mind uploading a photo of yours as an attachment? Part of me thinks it's counterfeit, and if it is, I'd like to point out what is so you can get better at spotting them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 18, 2017
Sorry, didn't have the card with me earlier. Here's a couple shots to see the silver text.

iL7rha

f6a58F

Main thing that I think I notice comparing it to some of my other cards is the description text is a little less crisp. Also, I know that looking at the back of the card can give some indication (how faded it is/color) but I seem to have many cards with varying degrees of fade/saturation/hue.

Let me know if you can see the images - not sure how best to attach them.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 26, 2017
Hi!

I have gone through about 1,300 of my old pokemon cards and I've found around 150 of them to be rare or ultra rare. (Black or white stars).

I'm going to be posting two cards that I would like to know more about, and their price.

CARD 1
A. Card name: Gardevoir ex
B. Card Set: EX Sandstorm
C. The collector's number: 96/100
D. Not first edition
E. Shadowless, has a signature of Kevin Nguyn?, on the bottom right of the picture
F. English

CARD 2
A. Card name: Voltali
B. Card Set: Jungle
C. Collector number: 4/64
D. Not first edition
E. Shadowless, Holo
F. French.

I have many more rare cards, including japanese/chinese , and more french cards.
Thanks in advance

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Anything with a signature isn't worth more than a few pennies because they're reprints from world champ decks

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 1, 2017
Someone is selling 5 of these sealed plastic cases and each has 10 packs of these mix of blastoise, venusaur and Charizard booster packs so 50 packs total. I'm assuming these are base set 1 and I think they want $400 for all of them does that sound fair.
I can't seem to find comparables for this pack

Pm me for pictures since I can't post yet

Years
Someone is selling 5 of these sealed plastic cases and each has 10 packs of these mix of blastoise, venusaur and Charizard booster packs so 50 packs total. I'm assuming these are base set 1 and I think they want $400 for all of them does that sound fair.
I can't seem to find comparables for this pack

Pm me for pictures since I can't post yet

I'd be a bit wary, personally.

You can, however, upload pictures of these as attachments to your next post by going into Advanced post mode and clicking on the paper clip icon.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 1, 2017
I'd be a bit wary, personally.

You can, however, upload pictures of these as attachments to your next post by going into Advanced post mode and clicking on the paper clip icon.

I agree i am very wary but everything seems to check out as far as them actually existing because they gave me pictures of exactly what i asked for the only problem would be them just not sending them but it will be paypal protected so thats not a big deal. I attached quite a few pictures also

Attachments

• Kth6udf.jpg
    Kth6udf.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Q98zUND.jpg
    Q98zUND.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P2Hfo2s.jpg
    P2Hfo2s.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 12
  • CgrDmjL.jpg
    CgrDmjL.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 19
  • CsU5uFN.jpg
    CsU5uFN.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1B4vDNb.jpg
    1B4vDNb.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 9
  • iVVOrsz.jpg
    iVVOrsz.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 11
  • snvqBXH.jpg
    snvqBXH.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 9
  • fXOUt1u.jpg
    fXOUt1u.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 8
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 2, 2017
Hello people of this forum,
This is my first post on this forum and i hope you guys can help me out.
$_85.JPG
i have seen this Sealed Machamp 1st edition around and saw some interesting things about it on the internet.
now i have no clue what this is exactly and was hoping if someone could tell me more about this card and maybe what it's worth.

Thanks for your help!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Hello people of this forum,
This is my first post on this forum and i hope you guys can help me out.
View attachment 82046
i have seen this Sealed Machamp 1st edition around and saw some interesting things about it on the internet.
now i have no clue what this is exactly and was hoping if someone could tell me more about this card and maybe what it's worth.

Thanks for your help!

They came with the starter decks, they sell from anywhere between $3 and $35 in my experience. There's variance between print runs and the like, yours looks to be a later one and, unfortunately, worth a lot less.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

eBay completed listings should give an idea of what to expect if you sell

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 10, 2017
Help needed for Pok?mon card values

Is anyone able to tell me if I have any significant Pok?mon cards here??

Attachments

• IMG_1373.jpg
    IMG_1373.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 7, 2023
I need some help please?

Hi guys,

I'm from the UK, i have had a massive lot of Pokemon cards for a long time, i have ALOT of the original cards ranging from Base, Fossil, Jungle etc. A few new ones as well. What i'm interested is in how much are they worth? Rough estimate. I'm unsure whether this is the correct forum to ask but some help will be much appreciated. These are all pretty much Holo's, i have the non holos for almost all these cards too behind them in the folder as well as the full evolve form set e.g Charmander, Charmeleon & then Charizard.

Thanks Guys! :D

Attachments

• 20170607_123401.jpg
    20170607_123401.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20170607_123343.jpg
    20170607_123343.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20170607_123350.jpg
    20170607_123350.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20170607_123356.jpg
    20170607_123356.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20170607_123335.jpg
    20170607_123335.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 20170607_123408.jpg
    20170607_123408.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 8, 2017
I have no idea how to describe this card, so I attached some pictures. I know it's not an actual card, but I've had it since I was a little kid when someone traded it to me with some other stuff and I've always wondered what it was. I can't find it anywhere on the internet, but it is the exact same size as a regular card, it just looks weird. Does anyone have any idea?

Attachments

• Eevee_Front.jpg
    Eevee_Front.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • Eevee_Back.jpg
    Eevee_Back.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jun 13, 2017
Hello good folk in the pokeKnow.

So this is what I have. Was about to discard it during recent move to a new and smaller flat. Then a friend of mine pointed out that it actually looks to possibly hold some value.
Im now asking for some help in appraising it as it got a bit complicated.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Attachments

• 20170613_170441.jpg
    20170613_170441.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170613_170358.jpg
    20170613_170358.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 21
Years
Hello good folk in the pokeKnow.

So this is what I have. Was about to discard it during recent move to a new and smaller flat. Then a friend of mine pointed out that it actually looks to possibly hold some value.
Im now asking for some help in appraising it as it got a bit complicated.
Thank you in advance for your time.

Nah. It's just a regular, common, and damaged Base Set Pikachu card with the normal yellow cheeks rather than the red cheeks of the misprint version. It's worth maybe $0.10 USD in that condition.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
Hi, so I was going through some old cards and found a Torterra (2007, body slam, leaf storm) that has a typo.
Correct reading: Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
My card: Flip a coin. If headsk, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

I don't see this mentioned anywhere online. What would this do to the price?

Attachments

• 20170617_102137.jpg
    20170617_102137.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 15
Years
Hi, so I was going through some old cards and found a Torterra (2007, body slam, leaf storm) that has a typo.
Correct reading: Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
My card: Flip a coin. If headsk, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

I don't see this mentioned anywhere online. What would this do to the price?

You can't find any information on it online because it has no value because it's not an error card, it's a counterfeit card.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 19, 2017
Hey,
I just received some EX cards and they feel and look completely different.
The Primal Groudon EX doesn't look as shiny as the Mega Mewtwo EX and feels different when you bend it.

Is the Primal Groudon EX Fake?

And I also got a Mega Mewtwo from BreakThrough 63/162 in english and "Vanishing Strike" is written in english as well instead of Japanese. Fake as well?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    963.5 KB · Views: 19
Years
Hey,
I just received some EX cards and they feel and look completely different.
The Primal Groudon EX doesn't look as shiny as the Mega Mewtwo EX and feels different when you bend it.

Is the Primal Groudon EX Fake?

And I also got a Mega Mewtwo from BreakThrough 63/162 in english and "Vanishing Strike" is written in english as well instead of Japanese. Fake as well?

That Mega Mewtwo in your photo is actually a counterfeit. Is that the Mega Mewtwo you're talking about in your last sentence or is that yet another different one? Because both sound like counterfeits.

As for Primal Groudon, does it have grooves (this is something that the legitimate versions of this card have)? From your picture, it looks like it doesn't, which would mean it's also a counterfeit.

Can you provide me with more details?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 19, 2017
Thanks for your answer. The Primal Groudon has no grooves, it is simply flat.

The other Mega Mewtwo was not on the picture and I guess it's the same story.

Take a look:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back