• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterTdK

Game Maniak
Years
Does anyone know if the /PBS/trainers.txt is bugged?

I added a trainer to it by typing in it and by using the test-play method.
And the trainer is in the file but, everytime I restart the game it says it doesn't know a trainer with that name.

I think the problem excist because my trainer name is "?????". Is that possible?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Trainers are no Problem but new Trainer Types are...Poccil we can't add new trainer types...it ever says bad Trainer...

@MisterTdK: Post the part of your Trainers.txt

MisterTdK

Game Maniak
Years
then that's the problem because my trainer is a new Trainer Type:

Here's the part of trainers.txt

Spoiler:

and this is the Line I added to trainernames.txt
Spoiler:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
You can't add new trainer types up to now...Poccil has to fix this in the next release.

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
You'll get this error when you add a new tainer type. You can edit the existing but not adding new ones:

Spoiler:

Or does anybody know how to do that..I did it exactly like in his notes.html and this error comes

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
Years
For the TM, I am pretty sure you would use the item command. Not sure about the badge..

Wait, I remember a girl saying something about it on the test map..Look around! :)

Oh, er, another question..

Anywhere on the OverWorld tileset is there those mountain..tiles? Like, the Rock ones for on the side?

Last edited:

MisterTdK

Game Maniak
Years
Ty, I think I understand why it isn't working now :)

btw I know why it isn't working, somehow my data is writed in the trainers.dat file (/data/trainers.dat)

Does anyone know why that isn't working? (and how to fix)

and Poccol , could you tell me what programm you used to write those .dat files, maybe I can fix it if I know how to edit them.

Last edited:

Shirayuki Mizore

Years
Uh..I can't install the fonts..Literally..

I opened with WinRAR and extracted. ERROR "Cannot Create" or whatever.

When I drag them it says it works but it doesn't..Help?
Using Vista

Can't Notepad open .dat files?

Years
Ty, I think I understand why it isn't working now :)

btw I know why it isn't working, somehow my data is writed in the trainers.dat file (/data/trainers.dat)

Does anyone know why that isn't working? (and how to fix)

and Poccol , could you tell me what programm you used to write those .dat files, maybe I can fix it if I know how to edit them.

It does work. For me anyway.

Follow this format: (# = comments that aren't read by the system)

Spoiler:

My Gym leader/Rival works, but my Sage and PkMn_MASTER internal names don't work, then I get that error before. Which reminds me, I should quote it so someone doesn't miss it, and they could help.

Error I get, and because of it, I can't test play, ever.
Spoiler:
-Krobe

[Edit]
Oh yea, and the format for PBTrainernames.txt is:
#######################
88,PkMn_MASTER,PkMn Master
#Line one defines the picture shown in battle. (It must appear in your graphics/characters folder as Trainer088 (or whatever number)),
#Line two is the Internal name stored for this trainer, so if you call it in anything, use the Internal name (call script wise)
#Line three is what appears in battle as the trainer's name.
#######################

Make sure your Internal Name for the trainer matches in PBTrainers.txt, otherwise you'll get the bad trainer type error. There are other features.. just read the Trainernames.txt.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The problem with the trainer types is a bug in the data compiler. It occurs when the IDs of the trainer types are not in sequential order, because the function that tries to retrieve the names assumes that they are in sequential order. These are the fixed versions of the Compiler and PokemonTrainers script sections. (The links are underlined because they may be impossible to distinguish due to the current style settings.) The files Data/trainernames.dat and Data/trainers.dat must be deleted first.

Years
Poccil... I don't have Data/trainernames.dat and Data/trainers.dat. Which.. is weird. Unless I'm not supposed to have it?

-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I meant to say: If they exist, those files should be deleted so the game can rebuild them.

By the way, this thread is getting messy again--it's grown by about 3 pages within the last two days. Next time, problems should be reported by sending me a private message.

Shirayuki Mizore

Years
Uh...Will somebody just give the template for this?

The Gym leaders name is Ratsner.
He has a Pidgey(Lvl. 13) , a Pidgeotto. Lvl.19)

Thats all I need..I think..;\

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2008
devil silver can u plz upload it somewhere for me?

i need it becuase i want some features that were changed

please and thank you

Years
Uh...Will somebody just give the template for this?

The Gym leaders name is Ratsner.
He has a Pidgey(Lvl. 13) , a Pidgeotto. Lvl.19)

Thats all I need..I think..;\

#####################
LEADER_Ratsner #If that's your Internal Name for Gym Leaders
Ratsner
2,FULLRESTORE,FULLRESTORE #Items are optional, Max 4 (I think)
GEODUDE,16
NOSEPASS,16
#####################

From now on, all problems, like Poccil said, should be Pmed to him instead of being cluttered up in this thread.

-Krobe

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Poccil (and everyone else), do you think I should make a thread for a couple of add-ons to Essentials I'm making/have made? For example, the day/night BGM script one or two pages back. I've also done a Sunshine weather effect (like on Ruby), and am planning a few more.
However, I'm not sharing all my customisations, sorry. I need something to keep my game different :P.
So, make a thread or not?

Years
Poccil (and everyone else), do you think I should make a thread for a couple of add-ons to Essentials I'm making/have made? For example, the day/night BGM script one or two pages back. I've also done a Sunshine weather effect (like on Ruby), and am planning a few more.
However, I'm not sharing all my customisations, sorry. I need something to keep my game different :P.
So, make a thread or not?

If you can make other kewl features, then sure why not? But you should also be open to suggestions too.

-Krobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back