• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Unbreakable Chains - The Rift Menace [IC/T]

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Unbreakable Chains - The Rift Menace
IC/OOC
Skype Chat

You have 1 new PM message:
…llo? …ny…e the…? Blas… contraption. Why won't this bloody thing work?! ! Oh my… M-my apologies. Greetings. I'm glad you found this, fellow…ar-peers? Is that how you say it? …Oh, RPers! My thanks, Don. Is that even a proper word…? Now then. Fellow RPers, I need your help.

My name is Michele. My world is on the brink of total destruction. An evil menace, who goes by the name "Void", has invaded my world & has taken almost all my people. His army…I have never seen them before. But my scouts informed me of their origin. They seem to show up through these "rifts" from other worlds, portals that lead them to my world. My kingdom, Icesal, is in peril, our numbers are thinning each day. If we don't stop him, we have no hope of defeating Void & his army, to save our world.

That is why I have decided to ask for help from other worlds, starting with yours. I have seen what you do in your posts. You have imaginations we could never think of! I'm still enjoying reading these RPs. I think you would all be perfect to combat this menace. I don't know what Void hopes to accomplish, but I can't just let him seize my world without a fight. Before I can transport you to my world, I will need to know each of you a bit. The sign-up I read about should do the trick. I shall issue you the information, & once I've read through each of them, I will welcome you with open arms. I will open a link to your world that will transport you to mine once I have enough of you. It's your choice if you decide to help me or not. I won't lie, you could die at any moment. It's up to you. But if you do choose to help, please…save my kingdom. I will explain the situation in more detail once you arrive. Best wishes!

OK, now do I just press send? :pink_love: Whoops! Wrong button. …I'll never understand these found contraptions!

Your Story:
Greetings. This is Don, Lady Michele's butler. Let me explain what I can to you. Icesal, our kingdom, is a huge island surrounded by mountains, lakes & forests. It has many buildings you can explore, shops to restock & relax. The forests has our main resources, usually full of monsters, we only send our capable hunters. It's more dangerous deeper in the forest. Our lakes has a variety of fishes. I relaxing place. As for the mountains, we know little about them, other than that they possess dangerous artifacts with ancient guardians. We only ever obtained one such artifact; the Ancient Orb. That artifact has helped us grow & strengthen our kingdom & army.

Let us move on to our situation. Void sends small enemies at us out in the field. We send our own to combat them, but there are so many new enemies that we have little to no data on them. We try to learn something from them every day, but at this rate, we'll be wiped out for sure. Hopefully you'll assist us with our situation.

Here's what you will do once you crossover. We will provide you with the weapon & equipment of your choosing. Lady Michele will guide you through on your missions, & in her absence when she is dealing with other issues, I will brief you. We have training halls, a lunch hall, even a place to social gather. We must win this war soon, we cannot last much longer.

We are currently working on a new development with the Ancient Orb, which I can't explain right now, but might help us push back the enemy. It is still in development, so we just have to keep working on it. We look forward to your cooperation, & we thank you for your courage & bravery.

???:
Spoiler:

SU:
Spoiler:

Rules:
1. GM's have final say on important things.
2. No bunnying or godmodding without permission.
3. Follow all PC & RP rules.
4. Don't be mean to other RPers. This is a nice community.
5. This RP is rated T, so watch what you post. Nothing too much.
6. You get one week to turn in your SU upon notice. You'll get a message 3 days after notice.
7. Have fun!

Quick Note From GM:
You will be technically RPing as yourself. Keep that in mind when you make your SU.

RPers (closed for story reasons):
-Earth Traveler: Keith Burns
-CatmanDaTrainer: Zephyrus Pythios
-ShinyDiamond: Denny Rojas
-Michelaar: Juliette Romeojul
-Brolaire: Gaben Smil
-Stingray: Reserved
-(Drakath): Kiro Irakuza
-ElectroJoe: Joseph Matthews

The story so far:
Our heroes have ended up in a dark realm, surrounded by darkness, rocks, & small floating islands. Each of them is separated & left all alone. Shadows roam aimlessly, searching for living things. Any living thing. As our heroes search for a way back, a dark figure watches closely from the shadows, taking account of these heroes abilities. "I'll take pleasure in wiping each of them out..."

Final Message:

May hope guide us through!

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Prologue
Strange New World

Outside the Kingdom of Icesal, soldiers are being slowly wiped out by the enemy forces. More & more villages are destroyed each day as the army fights back. The monsters in the forest have become more ferocious than ever, & the enemy forces keep getting stronger with each passing day.

Meanwhile, inside the tower of the castle of Icesal, a young woman prepares herself to welcome new heroes from other worlds who have answered her call for help.

Spoiler:

"...I hope they won't regret this decision." She wonders to herself. In the white room she is in, she raises her arm in front of her, a small warm light sprouting from her hand. She shoots it forward, & it expands at the end of the room, growing bigger into a portal big enough for anyone to come through. By this time, new heroes would come through & meet Lady Michele in person.

Last edited:
Years
I was standing there in my bedroom when a mysterious portal opened up. Of course, via Lady Michele's communication, I'd been expecting it, but as the vortex widened I was still a bit apprehensive about what I was about to do... the whole world-hopping thing, the all-too-real possibility of dying horribly wherever this portal came out to. It was supposed to that Kingdom Icesal, but what if something when wrong and I was deposited... who knows where?

I drew a breath to compose myself. I'd packed some supplies to be (hopefully) ready for whatever lay at the other end of this portal. I'd packed a flashlight, spare batteries, matches, and a pocket knife. The portal was certainly wide enough for me now. I drew a second, uneasy breath and - figuring if I didn't do it now I might never do it at all - just stepped through.

It didn't take as long as I thought. It felt like I'd been nearly instantly deposited into a white room that was empty, except for the nondescript, professionally-dressed, smiling, disoriented guy and the beautiful blonde woman wearing a... kimono? I guessed she was Lady Michele. Maybe this other guy was Don, her butler?

"Nice to meet you, Lady Michele," I greeted with a deferential tone. "What needs to be done around here?"

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
While readying her weapons, her beautiful silver bow and a healing staff, the white, blinding light appeared in her living room. She took one last look around her house. Oh, how beautiful it is. Then, Julia stepped into the light..

She felt a bit dizzy when she arrived in the room. It was empty. This could be her room, but without her very expensive furniture. In the middle of the room, there were 2 people. One was a lady with a kimono and blonde hair, the other one was a serious but kind-looking man, who looked like a butler ''Uhm, hello!'' was all Julia could say. ''I heard you were looking for some fighters that would help you defeat a great evil?'' She was for the first time in her life, speechless. Confused, Julia asked with a confused tone: ''Might I inquire, what just happened?''

Last edited:

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
"Alright. That should be enough to bring," said Catman as he packed all of his stuff into a duffel bag. "Time to go save the world!"

"Alright. It's time to crossover"
A bright light appeared inside of his bedroom. He pulled his robe over his head and walked into the bright light.
"Goodby everybody." he mumbled to himself.

The blinding white light engulfed him.

Once he came back to his senses, he was standing in an empty room containing only a young lady and a distinguished older man.

"Wow! That was crazy." said Catman as he approached the two people.
"Hello. My name's Catma-" he quickly caught himself, "my name's Zephyrus. You must be Lady Michelle and Mr. Don. How may I be of service?"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Dia

In a small room in an apartment, Denny, or Dia as he would like to call himself, carries a small backpack packed full of stuff he thought he should bring with him. He looks at the screen on his laptop one last time, reading the message for help sent by Michele. "I hope this isn't some kind of joke." He muttered quietly, before long seeing a bright light appear in his room. He looks at the portal, then his laptop. Portal. Laptop. Portal. "OK, no joke." He shrugs & looks back at his room. "Wish I could bring my cousin for this!" Before long, he walks into the portal, feeling a warm light surround him.

When he opened his eyes, he was in an entirely new room, all white with little in it other than some new faces & a girl in a kimono. Dia guessed she could be this Michele who sent for help. "OK, I'm here now. It's Dia. What can I do?" He asks.

Michele

New heroes were coming out of the portal into the white room. Michele smiled. They were all new faces, but she could tell who they were based on how they described their appearance. She walks forward with open arms. "Welcome all of you, & thank you for coming. I know this was a big decision for you, but I really need your help. I will explain what is going on."

Icesal is a huge kingdom with many vast cities on an island surrounded by many areas. That includes the forests, lakes & mountains. Currently, the battlegrounds are covered in blood & fights, & the enemy forces are strong indeed. They are lead by commander & leader, Void, who's whereabouts are unknown. His goals are unclear, but he looks like he merely wants to wipe out all worlds. He has summoned generals from other worlds to command his army, & they are no pushovers. Not even our elites are a match for them. So we thought if they were summoning other warriors from other worlds, we would do the same.

"That is why I brought you here. To stop this menace & save my kingdom." Michele brought up her arms & formed lights from her hands. The lights formed small shaped balls that floated to each hero, changing shape into their respective weapons they each asked for. "These weapons should help you combat the enemy. They are suited well for each of you. Oh! I almost forgot." Michele formed another light, & each hero was fitted with new refreshing armor. "This armor was well-mended to fit & protect you. They can adapt to your fitting clothes so they shouldn't feel uncomfortable." She looked at her new heroes & smiled. They may have hope after all. She turned around & opened another portal. "This should lead us to the lab. I will hand each of you your orbs & explain what they do. Follow me." She walks into the portal & ends up in the state of the art laboratory.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Kiro was occupying his time by playing games on his phone when the portal suddenly appeared in his room. Jumping back and flailing, "Ah! What the?" he yelled. Kiro stared at the portal with wide eyes, shocked and confused, before remembering the message he received a while ago. Wait that was real? No way, it can't be. His heart was pounding as he considered his options. Fortunately or unfortunately, his curiosity won over his rationality as he stood up to examine the portal and began walking around it. He cautiously reached toward the portal before quickly pulling his hand back and looking around for something to push into the portal. He decided to grab the tall yet skinny lamp in the corner and push it slowly back and forth through the portal. After the lamp came out fine, Kiro stuck his left hand inside and held it there before retracting it. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, braced himself and thought, Ah, screw it, before jumping through the portal.

Kiro tripped upon landing inside the white room. Whoa! Wait, where am I? He stood up and looked around confused. A few other people were already here, one of which was in kimono, prompting him to assume she was Michele, but the others however, he had no idea. I guess I wasn't the only one. His thoughts continued racing until being interrupted by Michele's speech. Upon completion of said speech, which explained the situation, everyone received their weapons and armor. The armor of which morphed slightly and adjusted to his clothes. This is awesome! He thought as he examined the metal vambrace on his left arm coupled with a metal gauntlet. Wow! I looks just like like the hidden blade from Assassin's Creed! I've always wondered how these things worked though. He wondered, repeatedly flicking his wrist in order to extend and retract the long blade from the underside of the decorated forearm protector. Kiro's thoughts continued racing as he looked at all the others around him and marveled at all that just transpired, before walking through the new portal that Michele just opened. Heart racing, he thought, Alright, here we go.

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy
Years
"Oh, man... what a night." Joey had just gotten home from a long night at work. It wasn't exactly busy, but the project that he was working on was definitely something new and he enjoyed every minute of it. He put down his things, changed out of his uniform, and eventually made his way toward his bed room. "There wasn't much else to do now, but... huh?" The man noticed a strange light coming from under his door. He cautiously approached the door and opened it, finding a portal in the middle of the room. At first, he wondered why there was a portal here of all places, and then he remembered the message that he received a while back. "So... the message was real?" He asked himself, rubbing his fingers through the most miniscule of beards. "...Guess I should start packing, then."

A short while later, Joey had packed his things into a large bag. He didn't really know what exactly to bring other than clothes, so he also grabbed a few things he thought that he might need. It's better to have something and not need it than to need something and not have it, as they say. He looked back toward his room one last time. "I'm going to miss this place..." He said to himself. "Oh well. It's probably better to move on, anyway. Things have to change at some point... Might as well be now." The man slowly put his hand through the portal and withdrew it a few seconds later. It was safe. "Well... here we go..." He put one foot through the portal. And then the other.

Joey found himself in an empty white room with a few other people. He kept silent, not exactly sure of what was going on. Regardless, one person did manage to catch his eye: a beautiful blonde-haired woman who was wearing a kimono. "I think it's safe to assume that she must be Lady Michelle." He thought to himself. The mystery of who these other people will have to wait, however, as Lady Michelle began her speech. At the end of said speech, she sent orbs of light to each and every other person in the room, including Joey himself. Everyone had received their respective weapons and armor. He first examined the armor. It had adapted to his clothes, making him feel pretty comfortable in it. It didn't look too shabby, either. "The design's not half bad. I like it!. Next up was his weapons. Joey first examined the pistol. It felt pretty natural to him. "Just like the one back home." He thought to himself, feeling a sense of nostalgia. Then he turned his attention the lance. "Now, if I remember correctly, this is supposed to be collapsible." Joey examined the lance until he found what looked like a button near the top of the handle. "Ah, there we go." He pressed it, and the handle collapsed and the pole part of the lance collapsed into the very top of the handle, taking the form of a sword. The man then pressed the button a few times to test it out. Lance. Sword. Lance. Sword. He stopped after that, realizing that he might have been having too much fun with it. He then noticed a holster and sheath that went with his armor. Satisfied, he put the both of his weapons away.

Just as he was finished, Lady Michelle opened another portal. Joey followed her through the portal with a desire to see the whole thing through.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Spoiler:

As each & every new hero enters the portal, expecting to see a laboratory, they instead find themselves in a dark place, surrounded by dark islands. Roaming this place are silhouette shadows, who attack anything they see without a second thought. You have each been brought here in different locations of the realm, leaving you separated from the others as the portal behind you closes.

Spoiler:

Mission

Try to survive with what weapons you have & find a way out of here. If a portal brought you here, perhaps you can find another portal to take you back.

Last edited:

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Kiro was confused upon exiting the portal as he looked around and to find, not a laboratory, or anything remotely like one, but what he assumed was another realm. Unsure whether the pink and purple around the area was the sky or a tunnel of magical energy, he looked for a suitable spot to clarify his confusion but soon came to realize that it was a little too dark to easily make out much else. He figured the easiest way to explain would be to ask, "Uh, Michele? Where are we?" But when no answer came, he turned around and realized that the portal was gone, "Miche- wo-ah!" he'd took a step forward and fell through weak, possibly false, ground. The pain of the occasional rock or uneven land stifled Kiro's yell on the way down and upon landing, the breath was knocked out of his lungs. Groaning and gasping he thought, Oh come on! Just my luck, as he struggled to stand up. However once he was on all fours, a dark goo like substance splattered under his face, prompting him to jump to the side and scream in pain. A few drops had landed on his face burned furiously. He quickly brushed his face off but by the time his hand got there the burning had already stopped. What the-

His thoughts were cut off as his eyes adjusted to the light, or lack thereof, and he saw a shadow or silhouette of darkness lifelessly take a swing at him. He quickly rolled to his feet and blocked a followup swing. The contact was unusual, the attack had more force than he assumed and it felt weird to say the least, it was as if a shadow had a physical form. Kiro jumped back and drew the sword from his back, convinced that this thing was hostile. He was waiting for the 'thing' to move in and strike when it reeled back spat at him. A quick turn to side allowed Kiro to dodge and take a look at where it landed, Ew, he thought before soon realizing that it was the same goo that burned him earlier. Another shot of goo prompted Kiro to close the distance. He took a heavy swing with his sword which the shadow easily avoided and countered with a hard hit to his back that knocked him onto the ground. Rolling up and narrowly avoiding more spit, Kiro charged at the shadow with his heart beating heavily and adrenaline pumping through him. His stab missed and he spun around cutting the shadow's stomach area. "What are you?" he said as he examined the residue on a his sword. The shadow hissed and swung again, which Kiro narrowly avoided, then followed up with two more and some spit, all of which landed this time, throwing Kiro to the ground before he clumsily springed back up in pain. The shadow took another swing which Kiro dodged under and followed up with his own missed strike. The shadow turned and tried to backhand him, however Kiro spun around with his own backhand slash and chopped the shadow's arm off, spewing burning goo all over him as it screeched. The shadow took advantage of the spray and grabbed his sword arm before he could recover and prepared to unleash goo. Kiro pulled back and had planned to stab but to no avail, hearing the goo bubble inside the shadow, fear overcame him until he remembered that he had one last trick up his sleeve, literally. Please work!

Kiro flicked his left wrist and thrust the hidden blade into the shadow's neck. It recoiled with a gurgling howl and threw Kiro before clutching its neck then dropping to its knees and fading away with the wind. Once the shadow completely dissipated he propped himself up and smiled, Yes! I did it! It's dead!.. I hope. "Ugh, I'm so tired" He mumbled something before dropping back onto the ground and resting. Despite the life or death threat, Kiro enjoyed his first fight.

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy
Years
Joey walked through the portal to find a dark, ominous place dotted with floating islands. While he was unsure of exactly where he was, he was definitely sure that this is not where he was supposed to be. "We were supposed to be going to a lab, right?" He asked himself as he began looking around. "This isn't a lab... or if it is, it definitely doesn't look like any kinda lab I've ever seen." the man spoke to Lady Michelle, who wasn't around at all. In fact, no one seemed to be around. "Wait... Where'd everyone go?" He was completely by himself, all alone in a new place that he knows nothing about. At least he's armed this time around. "Well, hopefully I can find a way out of here. If there's an entrance, then there's gotta be an exit. But just in case I get lost..." Joey walked toward a nearby rock and carved an X into it with his blade. "There. At least this way, I'll know if I end up going in circles." He took a mental note of the area in case he has to come back. "I should probably get a move on..." He said, realizing that he might be taking too long. He began to journey onward, hoping to find a way out of here.

Some time had passed since Joey began to wander away from where the portal had left him. So far, he's found absolutely nothing. There's been no sign of the others, no signs of civilization, no vegetation, no water... absolutely nothing. the whole place seems like a barren, darkness-filled wasteland. That was when the man saw a silhouette in the distance. Although, whether it was because it was too dark, his fatigue from being awake for too long, or quite possibly both, he couldn't make out who or what the figure was. Joey moved cautiously toward it, trying to identify whatever 'it' was. Even when he was five feet from it, he couldn't tell. Although, it was a bit strange that it hasn't even budged since he noticed it. The man tried to get it's attention. "Uh... Hello? Are you feeling alright?" That was when it turned around to face him with a cold stare from it's seemingly lifeless eyes. Whatever it was, it certainly wasn't human.

The silhouette lashed at Joey with sharp claws, which he somehow managed to dodge. This thing definitely wasn't friendly. In retaliation, Joey grabbed the hilt of his sword. "Well, I don't normally bite, but since you're trying to bite first..." He drew his blade and cut the shadow's torso, right under the chest area. The shadow didn't back off, however, and managed to scrape Joey's left arm. He grunted in pain. He's used to getting cuts and bruises every now and then, so this was nothing new, but it still hurt regardless. He backed off a little and pressed the button, once again turning his weapon into a lance. Afterwards he charged at the shadow with all of his might, impaling and pinning it to the wall. The silhouette then seemed to attempt to do something. Whatever it was Joey wasn't going to let it. He whipped out his pistol and put a bullet in it's head. He withdrew his lance, letting the now limp creature slump to the ground. He collapsed the lance and put it away, but before he could put away the pistol, he felt a presence from behind him and turned around to see another one of those things. This one tried to spit out some sort of liquid, but it's aim was messed up from a bullet to the chest. The majority of it missed Joey... the key word being majority, as some of it managed to make contact with his other arm. He yelped in pain and liked to see what the damage was, but the pain was already gone. His arm didn't look too bad, either. Joey dodged another spray, concentrated his aim on the figure's head, took a deep breath, and began to count in his head. One. The figure looked like he was about to spit again. Two. Joey began to exhale. Three. He pulled the trigger, the resulting shot managed to hit the thing right between the eyes. The man sighed. "Well, I guess that's two of you down... speaking of which, what exactly are you?" He looked at the two corpses with a sense of curiosity, but he knew he wasn't going to get an answer. Exhaustion finally started to set in. "You guys can wait for now. I need to rest for a bit..." That being said, he found a place nearby and hid himself as he began to relax. He took the time to think about his next move. The gunfire was sure to make some noise. Now the question was how those things would react to it.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Dia

This sounded like a terrifying story. What made Michele think a bunch of strangers could save her kingdom anyway? She fitted everyone with their respective weapons & armor. Dia got a cool sword & shield.

Spoiler:

"Whoa-hoa!" He responded, giving the sword a few swings. This was just too awesome for him. He got weapons he's always liked, & the new armor ain't too shabby. Fits really well.

Now that he was fitted with everything, they could finally get a move on. Michele opened another portal where she would take them to a lab. Sounds strange, but hey. This whole thing is strange, so why not. One by one the others walk into the portal, & Dia steps inside it next. When he opens his eyes again, expecting some light, he was met with darkness instead.

"W-what's this?" He muttered. He looks around, examining the area. All he could find was darkness, rocks, & floating rocks. Floating rocks. "Nope." Dia turns around to go back through the portal, but it has already disappeared. "Oh, come on!" He wonders why he is all alone. Didn't the others come through too? "This can't be the lab she was talking about. I better not die out here." He gruffly says, finally walking in a random direction.

Dia was eating a bag of Doritos as he walks wherever. This place gives him the creeps. How's he supposed to get out of here? Everything's so quiet. Throwing the now empty bag into his backpack, seeing as there is likely no trash can around here, Dia sits by a boulder & takes a breather. "This sucks..." He complains, relieving a deep sigh. At that moment, he heard an eerie sound behind him. When he looks over, he sees some silhouette roaming around. Does it have legs? He looks down at it, & there are no legs. Sooo...monster then. Demon? Whatever. Dia looks around & picks up a nearby pebble. He throws it in the direction away from the shadow, & as soon as it hits the grounds, the shadow looks in that direction & floats over. Dia quietly puts down his backpack, equips his sword & shield, & charges at the shadow. "Haaaa!" At the sound of his cry, the shadow turns towards Dia & gets stabbed in the stomach, if there even is anything there. Dia smirked, but the shadow didn't look like it felt anything. Stunned, Dia quickly steps back as the shadow swipes its arm at him. He has his shield at the ready as the shadow spews out some gross liquid at him. He blocks with his shield, & black flames spew from the spot it hits. It doesn't stay there long as it disappears, but Dia is surprised nonetheless. "I can feel the heat just from that! I better be careful."

The shadow was coming. Dia sidesteps & swings at the shadow. It takes a hit with an arm, but that doesn't stop its other arm. Dia pushes its arm back with his shield & swings again. It swings again, but Dia immediately pushes its whole body with his shield, creating a bit of distance. Dia tried to catch his breath as the shadow spews out more black flames. Dia raises his shield again, & just feels the heat again. He starts to sweat. "Ugh." He wants to finish this already, so he runs towards the shadow, but withholds his attack. The shadow swings another arm at Dia, who rolls out of the way around it & swings skyward as he jumps, then swings down as he touches the ground. The shadow falls to the ground, & so does Dia. On his butt. He's fine, just exhausted. "Phew. I'm glad that's over." Dia comments, looking at the shadow. It dissipates in the air as it completely vanishes.

Retrieving his backpack & putting away his sword & shield, Dia continues looking for a way back. "It's better I stay away from those things." He looks around the whole place, wondering where an exit would be. Whatever this place is, it's not friendly.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Kiro's eyes shot open, heart racing once more, as he heard distant gunfire. Though just resting his eyes, he was drifting asleep. He quickly got up and drew his sword, however upon looking around he realized no one or thing was near. He jumped as another shot was fired this time learning the direction of its origin. He cautiously headed in that direction and came to realize that those shadowy things were headed in the same direction. Kiro began to quickly and quietly move between the spread out crowd, Jesus, there's a lot of them! They're like zombies... The last shot went as he thought about their resemblance. Now sure of the gunfire's location he began running toward it, assuming that whoever fired it was part of the group Michele had gathered and fighting the shadows. Kiro tired quickly however and slowed to a fast walk, but he was soon hit in the back with goo. He yelled and, still holding his sword, spun around with his arm extended, loping a shadow's head in half. It howled and disappeared. The nearby shadows turned and made a b-line for him, Shit!

Kiro resumed running, this time as fast as he could, weaving around, between, and through the silhouettes, reminding him of rushing through the middle school hallways, unfortunately the pounding of his shoes hitting the ground was only attracting more as he ran toward the former gunfire. He ran up inclines, around boulders, and what else was along the. His lungs burned and legs struggled to stand, but he kept running. He knew that if he stopped death awaited. The ground began to end a yards further, yet Kiro kept running and gave it his all when he saw another island below. He jumped, killing his legs with pain. Falling through the air, he braced for impact with the fast approaching ground. His legs gave out upon landing as Kiro slammed into the ground and skid across. Rolling onto his back, he watched as many shadows fell into the abyss below before clutching his knees and arms. Feeling blood Kiro winced at the pain and pulled himself to a large rock. Propping himself up against it tears came to to his eyes, he could stand the pain no longer. Breathing heavily he forced his eyes open and saw that he was on a very small floating island. Perhaps only 50 yards at most in either direction from the center.

Much to his horror, a few shadows gradually began making the the jump. Kiro reached for his sword only to realize it was a few feet away. He tried to stand but his legs could no longer take his weight, the pain combined with the tiredness was too much. Panic set in as he frantically tried to find something to keep him alive, but nothing was around. He had nothing but a blade under his wrist, and a dagger he'd forgotten about, it was over. Then he shifted. He couldn't feel the unevenness against his back because of his armor but the way his back moved was all he needed to know he wasn't against the rock, he was against his bow. He'd forgotten all about it as he hadn't had a chance to use it. His spirits lifted, he pushed against the rock with his right hand, leaving his hidden blade free as the shadows were fast approaching. Fighting through the pain in his arms was much easier than his legs. He got most of the bow free before the first shadow got close, but still had to awkwardly stab it to keep it at bay. As the shadow recoiled, Kiro finished removing the bow with his left hand and quickly grabbed an arrow as the second shadow began approaching. The first shadow prepared to spit when he left the arrow fly. It pierced the shadow's throat and caught the goo mid release. The lucky shot sprayed burning goo all over the second shadow, both howling in death as the third approached. The next arrow whistled through the air before catching the shadow in the chest, followed by two more, and a fourth in the face killing it. He slowly calmed down, briefly very thankful for Michele's infinite arrow quiver and after school archery classes. Kiro began to hold off the shadows as more and more began to make the jump. He figured he'd be fine until his arms tired, but the bow made sure that would take awhile...

Last edited:

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy
Years
Joey watched from afar as four of those shadows were wandering around, looking for him. Luckily, he found a spot to hide in a large cluster of rocks, where he took time to wash out and wrap up the wound on his arm with some water and cloth from his bag respectively. "Yep. Looks to me like they're attracted to sound. I swear, if shadows and zombies could have a child together, this is what it would probably be like." He said, somewhat amused. The man noticed some noise in the distance. Probably more of those things. "I think I've stayed here for too long as it is." He picked up his bag from off the ground, keeping an eye on the four he can see. "Alright, time to get the he-" Joey stopped mid sentence as they "ran" in his direction. He hid himself further inside the rocky formation, only to find out that they weren't after him. By the looks of things, they seemed to be going toward where all of that commotion was coming from. After the third one passed by, an idea popped in his head, one with an opportunity that he'd probably never get again. He crept back toward the end of the group of rocks and drew his sword. "This is gonna be awesome..." he waited for the last shadow to come into view before he grabbed it by the back of the neck and pinned it against one of the rocks and stabbed the thing in the back, killing it. He withdrew the blade from the thing's corpse, a smile on his face as he tried to keep laughter down to a minimum.

Joey turned his head to see one of the others come back for him, spitting more of that black liquid as it did so. He dodged the attack and pressed the button to extend the blade into a lance, and cut the creature down from a distance. That's two down. The man looked around to see that the other two hadn't noticed him. He had to admit, he was curious to see why they were heading toward all the noise, especially since it was probably more of them... Right? There wouldn't be much of a point to be grouping up, unless... "...Oh, great." He ran after the two living shadows while he was keeping his distance, occasionally looking around to make sure he isn't followed.

Joey followed them to the edge of the island. The commotion wasn't far off now. Knowing this, he crept up to the two shadows he'd been following, looking to eliminate the threats before they could cause more trouble. He was only a few feet away, now. Slowly, steadily, and most importantly, quietly, he inched himself toward them until... "Down you go!" He pushed them off the ledge into the deep darkness below. Afterwards, he only had to look around to see what the problem was. A small horde of those things were jumping off the ledge... onto a smaller island. "Damn..." The man grumbled. He was hoping for too much. Looking further out, he can see someone else, another person this time. And yes, he was sure it was a person this time. The kid was sitting up against a rock, wielding a bow and holding his own against the shadows. Joey witnessed him place an arrow in one of their heads. "Ooh. Nice shot." He was a bit impressed. He looked back to the group of shadows trying to make the jump. "But even with an aim as good as his, he would eventually be overrun... I'm probably gonna regret this, but I'll regret it more if I just leave him there, so... yeah." He made sure his blade was in lance form and whacked the broad side of it against a nearby rock, making a noise easily loud enough to be heard even over all of this ruckus. Hearing the noise, a few of them glared in his direction and charged at him. "Well, here goes nothing..."

Last edited:

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
A clang of metal rang throughout the area, causing Kiro to miss his next shot. Was that a pipe? The Shadows had stopped and turned to the land mass that he had recently jumped from. Whatever it was, Kiro couldn't see it from his position and kept shifting his aim between three targets. The Shadows on the island above him turned and disappeared from his vision, likely in pursuit of the metallic noise, while the three on his island approached. Kiro wait until one of them got close before letting an arrow loose, followed by two more. The first and third Shadows dropped lifelessly. However the second leaned as the arrow whistled past. Goo bubbled up in its throat as he knocked another arrow. The arrow was thrown off course as it flew through goo. Kiro closed his eyes and held in a yelp as the black substance splattered across his body. The next thing he knew, the shadow was leaning over him, goo bubbling. He raised his arms and took a lifeless smack to the face. Kiro recoiled into a helpless block, taking smack after smack. After a flurry of hits, he looked up to see an arm heading for him. He reached with open hands in a feeble attempt to stop the attack and held on to the Shadow's arm as it slammed into him. Fortunately, he held on as the goo leaked onto him. When the Shadow opened its mouth, Kiro yanked to its arm across his body, throwing the creature, along with himself, to the ground. Projectile goo covered his face as the partly pinned Shadow began to howl. In an attempt to quiet it down, Kiro covered its mouth only to have his hand bit. He tried to pull away but that only made it worse. He flicked his free left wrist and repeatedly stabbed the Shadow in the neck until it dissolved into the wind. Breathing deeply, he propped his sore body back up against the rock and thanked the noise for drawing the Shadows away. Kiro examined the strange bite mark on his hand as he came to a grim realization. He could no longer effectively use his bow. He closed his eyes and accepted his fate. Stranded, crippled, and effectively defenseless. Why did I do this...

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Dia

Exploring the unknown is nice n' all, but this is getting to be a bit hectic. More & more of these shadows keep popping up, & Dia's exhaustion was starting to get to him. He hasn't had a break for a while now. Just hiding is exhausting.

While keeping a lookout for more shadows, he noticed a group heading for the same direciton. Clang! A high pitch noise rang out. The shadows stopped & changed their general direction. Could that be the others? All Dia has encountered so far are shadows, & none of them have anything metal on them. Perhaps the others are closer than he initially thought. "Great! Maybe now I'll be able to rest soon & stop talking to myself. Am I still talking to myself? Heh, whatever." Slinging his backpack over him & getting out his sword & shield, Dia follows the sound the noise came from.

Getting closer, Dia could make out a figure. Some guy wielding a lance-like weapon was being surrounded by a horde of shadows. That's a lot for just one guy. Dia sighs. "Will I have to rescue people all the time?" With his sword unsheathed, he charges straight at the nearby shadows, slashing the first unsuspecting shadow, followed by a whirlwind attack, spinning around the shadows with his sword. Some shadows started to take notice of him & changed target. "Hey! It's nice to find someone else to talk to besides myself, but any idea how to get out of here?" He asks the other fighter, fending off the goo with his shield & counterattacking.

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy
Years
"None that I know of, unfortunately." Joey said, at least a bit relieved that some of the pressure's off of him. He impaled another shadow with his lance. "But I can be an optimist. If there's a way in, then there's gotta be a way out, right? We just have to take a good look around." He started moving the business end of the lance around along with the impaled shadow at the end, using said shadow to shield him from a shot of goo, then he withdrew the blade from it, letting it drop to the ground. "But first thing's first..." He glanced over to the person on the island. The shadows heading his way were gone, which left the ones that the duo up top (being Joey and the other guy who he'd just met) were taking care of. He couldn't really see what sort of condition the kid was in, though. "Not sure that you've got time to look, but you see that island over there?" He tried to gesture to said island, fighting back those things while he was doing so. "Long story short, I came here to find that guy fighting off these things. Needless to say, I kinda stepped in. Luckily, it doesn't look like any more of these guys are bothering him, so really, it's just the ones up here we have to worry about. " He paused as he swung the bladed lance to cut down another shadow. "We should probably take care of these guys, first. Then we can check up on him... Well, that's my take on it, anyways. Not sure what you want to do, but nothing good will come out of leaving that guy for dead."

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Dia

Dia covered the other fighter back to back, slashing down another one of those shadows. He takes a look at the island below, & see's someone shooting arrows. He looked badly injured & out of it. "Agh! More people to rescue." He whined, slicing down another shadow as he blocks one of their attacks.

Unbeknownst to everyone, a far away shadow different from all the other watches from outside their view, sharpening the blade on his arm. "They may fight as much as they want, but it is pointless in the end. No matter what, they are doomed to disappear in darkness, where I rule. Michele is a foolish woman if she thinks these heroes can ever hope to vanquish me. Well, let's see how long until they realize how trapped they are..."

"The bright side is they seem to be dwindling down now. Let's keep pushing!" With another slash n' roll, Dia takes a moment to examine their battle. They really were dwindling down, albeit still menacing. About four or five of them left. "We'll jump down after we finish them off." He proclaims, readying his shield for the final push.

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy
Years
"Sweet! Good to know we're on the same page." Joey said, glad that they were basically thinking the same way. There seemed to be only to of whose shadows on his side, both of which began charging at him. Thongs could prove difficult if he continued fighting like this. The man slid his hand up the pole of the lance and pressed the button to make it collapse. He cut an arm off the closest one and dodged a slash attack from the second shadow, which he beheaded immediately after. Then he just cut down the remaining one. "Well, that's all of them on this side..." He thought to himself. Now all that was left were the ones that Dia was taking care of. That is, of course, if they haven't been taken care of already.

Last edited:
Back