• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fitness Regime

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
this isn't overtly serious i just don't want troll responses lmao

I've been looking at stepping up my fitness plan, bc I've been doing solely cardio for the longest as I couldn't really be bothered doing anything else! The local gym has decreased their rates to try take advantage of the coming population boom, so I'll be taking advantage of that. On that note, what do you guys do as part of your own fitness plans? Motivation isn't an issue, I just haven't really done anything intensive since my mid teens and I've kinda forgotten my routine, lmao. Not looking at any drastic changes to my body, just wanting to tighten things up to how they were a couple of years ago.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I just go on walks semi-regularly and cycle to the shops about 20 minutes away uphill.

If you've got a garden you can work in that weeding, growing vegetables, etc. Apparently that's quite good, and you get nice food at the end. Just don't bend your back too much.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
ideally 2-3 relatively short gym sessions a week just to cover all the important muscles, and another running/swimming/cardio session

I really want to get back to doing high intensity interval training though, it's super good for you and I find running at a steady pace boring anyway

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
In addition to my incredibly active job where I get anywhere between 10,000 and 20,000 steps on average, I lift every day.
Note: 1 amrap means 1 set of as many reps as possible of the exercises and I usually do that when I'm done working on a muscle.

I've posted my routine below, but that's a bit excessive for someone new. You don't need to be going to the gym as much as I go. I just have grown to like it and it has become part of my day, so I try to get there every day and have modified an existing routine to allow me to do this. I definitely recommend lifting weights, though, and if you're interested in routines, I know a few for beginners you can utilize if you tell me your goals and ideal schedule.

Sunday
2 sets of 5 reps: Squat, followed by 1 amrap
5 sets of 20 reps: Calf Raises
3 sets of 12 reps: Decline Russian Twist
3 sets of 12 reps: Decline Crunch
3 sets of 12 reps: Leg Press
3 sets of 12 reps: Leg Extensions
3 sets of 12 reps: Leg Curls
5 sets of 12 reps: Calf Extensions
3 sets of 12 reps: Cable Crunches

Monday
3 sets of 12 reps: Pulldowns
3 sets of 12 reps: Seated Cable Rows
4 sets of 15 reps: One-Arm Dumbbell Row
5 sets of 20 reps: Face Pulls
4 sets of 12 reps: Hammer Curls
5 sets of 12 reps: Barbell Curls, followed by 1 amrap

Tuesday
4 sets of 5 reps: Bench Press, followed by amrap
3 sets of 12 reps: Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
3 sets of 12 reps: Incline Dumbbell Press
5 sets of 12 reps: Cable Fly, followed by 1 amrap
3 sets of 12 reps: Triceps Cable Pushdowns
3 sets of 20 reps: Lateral Raises
3 sets of 12 reps: Skullcrushers

Wednesday
3 sets of 12 reps: Pulldowns
4 sets of 15 reps: One-Arm Dumbbell Row
5 sets of 20 reps: Face Pulls
4 sets of 12 reps: Hammer Curls

Thursday
4 sets of 5 reps: Bench Press, followed by amrap
3 sets of 12 reps: Incline Dumbbell Press
5 sets of 12 reps: Cable Fly
3 sets of 12 reps: Triceps Cable Pushdowns

Friday
2 sets of 5 reps: Squat, followed by amrap
5 sets of 20 reps: Calf Raises
3 sets of 12 reps: Leg Press
3 sets of 12 reps: Leg Extensions
3 sets of 12 reps: Leg Curls
5 sets of 12 reps: Calf Extensions
3 sets of 12 reps: Cable Crunches

Saturday
3 sets of 12 reps: Incline Dumbbell Press, followed by 1 amrap
5 sets of 12 reps: Cable Fly, followed by 1 amrap

Last edited:
Years
I would advise you to take at least one day off for your body to recover. It is generally unwise to work your body every single day. Recovery is just as important as your actual training.

I do martial arts training three times a week and I also do strength and conditioning three times a week. I ride my bike to work each day. I stretch pretty much every day, except for Sunday as this is my dedicated day of rest.

Back