• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G8rSect. AKA Return of the Beast

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
My personal favorite deck!!! Neon format, with promos 21 and on, not that it really matters...

Pokemon (18):
3 Totodile (2 NG, 1 E1 Surf)
3 Croconaw (2 E1, 1 NG)
3 Feraligatr (2 Riptide, 1 Tsunami)
3 Cleffa
2 Paras (E2)
2 Parasect (N3)
2 Suicune (NR, Legendary)

Trainers (23):
4 Juggler
4 Elm
3 Copycat
3 Trader
3 DG
4 Gold Berry
1 Undersea Ruins
1 TV

Energy (19):
19 Water

If you don't get the strategy here, you haven't been playing Pokemon TCG the past 2 years. Get as many Water into the discard as fast as you possibly can, with a Genesis G8r and Parasect on the bench, and just Sweep the opponent away. Suicune is Double Gust protection, and the E1 G8r is for Grass protection, as Suicune just don't cut it. You might be wondering about my choice in Croconaw. The fact is that I like the mobility of the E1 one over the raw power of the NG one. Read the RCs and you'll see why. Also, I find him to have better damage potential than the Genesis one, doing a clean 40 with no discard, and might activate my Gold Berry(s). All the trainers are fairly standard, with my only real problem being that I have no Switch. I'm hoping that DG will be good enough. Undersea Ruins is for 2 things: gymbreaker, and anti-grass. Basically, Undersea is a constant-Devolve card. If I need one G8r, I devolve and get it. If I need the other, I do the same. Also, I don't particularly like Retro Energy, and Scoop Up is not that great, considering that not much Pichu is played in my area. Good luck tryin to fix this thing!!!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
One question: What does Bill add to this deck that the Elm and the Water energy don't have?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
You do not lose any cards due to Elm, and the Water energy is this deck's main source of power. Also, Bill is not powerful enough as a draw card to make it a good choice for this deck (netting only 1 extra card. Elm gets about 3-4, Copy gets about 5-6, Juggler gets either 1 or 2, AND gets cards into the discard).

Back