• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fantasy mmorpg

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2008
hello i want to make a mmorpg that is completly origenle and it is set in a new world in the past (not named yet) i need a hellp making it and plz plz plz hellp me
im not shor what it will be made on becase i dont think its posible to have a mmorpg on rm2k3 ok so if u no a program that wold be good reply this is a list of things that i cant do(sum i can but dont want to)

battle system(one that u dont go to another screen and just fight on the map)
mmorpg style( proper mmorpg like runescape)
chip sets maker(medievel type ones that look good)
char set maker(medievel typ ones that look good)
charicter bilding system( so that you can make a charicter how you want)
the inventory,compos,save and all stuff like that
and the typing system

and i think tat is all i need the rest me and my bro can do
if u are interested plese reply oh and soz for spelling im a realy bad speller

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
hello i want to make a mmorpg that is completly origenle and it is set in a new world in the past (not named yet) i need a hellp making it and plz plz plz hellp me
im not shor what it will be made on becase i dont think its posible to have a mmorpg on rm2k3 ok so if u no a program that wold be good reply this is a list of things that i cant do(sum i can but dont want to)

battle system(one that u dont go to another screen and just fight on the map)
mmorpg style( proper mmorpg like runescape)
chip sets maker(medievel type ones that look good)
char set maker(medievel typ ones that look good)
charicter bilding system( so that you can make a charicter how you want)
the inventory,compos,save and all stuff like that
and the typing system

and i think tat is all i need the rest me and my bro can do
if u are interested plese reply oh and soz for spelling im a realy bad speller

What exactly is this "rest" that you and your brother can do? I mean, you just gave a pretty comprehensive list of everything required for a good game, and you said you can't do it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Try RPG Maker XP - they have scripts for all the features you want (except chipset maker) at RMXP.org.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2008
yes that dose seem a lot but a mmorpg is a big job and im a director and ill pot it all together.

thx for the advice i will try that

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
You should learn VB or C++ if you want a game that good, ot else buy an expensive MMORPG making program.I tried making a MMORPG once...I didn't end up very well...

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
yes that dose seem a lot but a mmorpg is a big job and im a director and ill pot it all together.

thx for the advice i will try that

I have a few comments on this. (We get this kind of thing all the time)

1. "Directors" don't get anybody's help. That's because people here only work with you, not under you.

2. Decide on something you can do for the game, other than direct it. For example, an easy one, once you get used to RMXP, would be to be an eventor.

3. If you don't do anything other than lead, you don't get anyone who's willing to let you lead them.

4. "pot"ting it all together won't get anyone's help either. You've got to do something significant.

5. In short, you've got to do some work yourself, or it'll never get off the ground.

(If you think I'm trying to dis you, or being rude, I could have been much ruder. All I'm trying to do is give you some extremely useful advice for game building)

Back