• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I might as well spare Mr.Doll the trouble, because I know what sprites he won't accept. Considering I know and understand his methodology for using some of my Smogon sprites so...

Yeamchu: Your design proportions are way too off for Honedge

freddy: Look at the source and proportions, and general sprite style of Pokemon sprites

tayub: No you defentialy lost information, your sprite also has the blade at a bad angle

qaz: These are just hastily done resizes that lose a ton of colour quality, looks like you saved as jpegs and that is a cardinal sin. Taking a sprite out and 'resizing it' based on what you've already done doesn't sound like something desirable for the level of quality for this project.

Go talk to Quanyails on DA or Smogon if you haven't already.

These of course aren't official rejections, but I know what I am talking about here. If any of you actually want to contribute to this to project in the way that Doll and I (indirectly) have here is some advice. Take a good look at the official sprites, the style you ought to be recreating with the gen 6 mons. Then ask yourself 'is my sprite at that yet?'

-Is my line work similar?
-Are my colours ones that look close?
-Is my shading similar to the style?
-Am I within the colour limit?
-Does it look like the Pokemon?

If it is not save the trouble of posting it.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I might as well spare Mr.Doll the trouble, because I know what sprites he won't accept. Considering I know and understand his methodology for using some of my Smogon sprites so...

freddy: Look at the source and proportions, and general sprite style of Pokemon sprites

tayub: No you defentialy lost information, your sprite also has the blade at a bad angle

qaz: These are just hastily done resizes that lose a ton of colour quality, looks like you saved as jpegs and that is a cardinal sin. Taking a sprite out and 'resizing it' based on what you've already done doesn't sound like something desirable for the level of quality for this project.

These of course aren't official rejections, but I know what I am talking about here. If any of you actually want to contribute to this to project in the way that Doll and I (indirectly) have here is some advice. Take a good look at the official sprites, the style you ought to be recreating with the gen 6 mons. Then ask yourself 'is my sprite at that yet?'

for some reason my photoshop 6 doesn't want to open .png and make me work with them. They always stay locked [& yes I know how to unlock them but they just don't want to unlock] and it's a pain to work with them.

I saw your project on Quanyails deviantart. Great project.

Years
is this project still in progress?
wanted to post some back sprites for bunnelby and diggersby
made from scratch btw

bunnelby
bunnelby_back__by_incufan120-d7il5ia.png

diggersby
diggersby_back__64x64_by_incufan120-d7il9pq.png

Last edited:
Years
thanks i saw this and thought this would be a great project to join... plus i like the classic gba games
why not update them with cool pokemon?

here are some honedge, doublade, and aegislash
honedge__doublade__and_aegislash_by_incufan120-d7ixh8i.png

Last edited:

SuperChespinX

Play Pokemon Shiny Jewel
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
thanks i saw this and thought this would be a great project to join... plus i like the classic gba games
why not update them with cool pokemon?

here are some honedge, doublade, and aegislash
honedge__doublade__and_aegislash_by_incufan120-d7ixh8i.png

WOW!!! :), Your sprite are awesome you have a sprite talent and it's very creative including your backsprites too. ^^

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years

Layell is 100% spot on. These are the exact reasons I am not accepting those sprites.

So, to make things easy I am reposting my Helioptile & Heliolisk sprites. And have now finished the back sprites for Tyrantrum. If there are adjustments that you guys think should be made then let me know and I'll see if I can fix them.
= http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f92...dsc0u9jofg.jpg
= http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/b3c...k7g39fwlfg.jpg
= http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/be6...zmht7fyufg.jpg

I may accept Heliolisk's front sprite.

By fiercely jingling its keys, it threatens any attacker. It is "Klefki".
The images are indexed, so you should be able to directly insert them into your game.
Hope you guys like them!

I may accept Klefki. When I come around to making it, I'll use it as a point of reference.

is this project still in progress?
wanted to post some back sprites for bunnelby and diggersby
made from scratch btw

bunnelby

diggersby

Diggersby accepted.

As for the rest of your sprites I can't say that I'll be accepting them.
They're not particularly consistent to the style.

Fantastic job with Diggersby though. If you can do them more in that sort
of style, I'll probably accept them. Also be mindful of size relativity.

------------

With all that out of the way, sorry for being so slack with updates.
The project is still going, I just have had very little time to work on sprites.

Here is Inkay.

VtBONpy.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
That Diggersby back being good may have something to do with the fact it's heavily modified from the Smogon XY Sprite Projects back. With same colours and all, which I'll assume was excluded from the 'made from scratch part', the same can be said for the rest of those backs. Said original Diggersby back was done by RedRooster originally with help from some others and is also in the process of being revamped (mostly because of the tail but also for consistency with our new front).

Also please... the checkerboard shading, save me please from that. There is always some with back but... not that much!

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
i've updated flabebe and floette sprites
flabebe_and_floette_sprites_by_incufan120-d7j2kh2.png

what do ya think?

These ones are just models that have been slightly edited.
Can't really say they're sprites as such.

That Diggersby back being good may have something to do with the fact it's heavily modified from the Smogon XY Sprite Projects back. With same colours and all, which I'll assume was excluded from the 'made from scratch part', the same can be said for the rest of those backs. Said original Diggersby back was done by RedRooster originally with help from some others and is also in the process of being revamped (mostly because of the tail but also for consistency with our new front).

Also please... the checkerboard shading, save me please from that. There is always some with back but... not that much

I'm 100% with you on the colours, and I do see some similarities.
For that reason I decided to scratch my own back sprite.

I think you should compile a folder to this...
By the way, this helps. Thanks.

What?

----

Here's Diggersby!

kJSz0vv.png

The shiny was a pain in the ass to get right.
Credits to Redrooster for the original front sprite.

Last edited:

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
if new pokemon get announced for omega ruby will you sprite them?

The only new pokemon, if there are any, will be mega evolutions. Well, that's my guess since I seriously doubt that nintendo would add new pokemon right in the middle of a generation.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 3, 2020
Is this a resizing project now or should it still be made from by ourselves if we want to contribute?

MrDollSteak

Years
Is this a resizing project now or should it still be made from by ourselves if we want to contribute?

I'd still prefer you make it by yourselves.
There are a few sprites I resize with specific permission.

Here's Bergmite!
Yzu5EXd.png

Credits to Chaos Rush for the front sprite.

Last edited:
Back