• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011

Can you elaboarate a little more?

I want to strip out the music files from Pokemon Diamond so there is no background music.

It that makes the game unstable I guess I can replace them with 0-byte files, but I do not know which files are the background music.

Thanks

Years
I want to strip out the music files from Pokemon Diamond so there is no background music.

It that makes the game unstable I guess I can replace them with 0-byte files, but I do not know which files are the background music.

Thanks

I have no idea if i'm right.

Ok, you know when you walk into a ceratin room right? Like when the player walks into a room in twinleaf town, it plays music. Well I think this works with a specific script.

Check the script I have below

#org 0x80000E1
'-----------------------------------
checkitemspaceinbag 0x4A4A 10232
fanfare 0x58EC
textcolor 0xE8
playsound 0xE382 0xCE
#raw 0xBF
storetext 0xF4 0x4BCE94DF 'Text not in ROM area
callstd 0xC1 '
hidemoney 0x56 0x8A
showcoins 0x13 0x72
setmapfooter 0x9FFC
storecomp 0x4D 0xA373
msgboxsign
lightroom 0x61
farreappear 0xA397 0x27 0xFC
return

See where it says in bold playsound 0xE382 0xCE. That's a specific command that plays a specific sound when the player walks in the room. I don't know which room this is when the player walks in though.

I think if you want to edit the sound you would have to change the play sound script to something else, but you would have to know the correct music command to make it play.

Hope this helps a bit.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Edit: Never mind - I was able to find my own error and have now gotten the song to loop successfully. :)

I'm having a bit of a problem I hope some of you who are competent in musical-related issues can help me with ^^' I am trying to make a looping MIDI song, but try as I might, it just stubbornly refuses to loop. I've read the tutorials and followed all the steps outlined within, but nothing is working out for me and I really don't understand why :(

The Midi I'm using is a ten-track song. All the tracks are 32 (31+0) measures long and with 96 beats in each measure. The end of each track has a "goto" command directing the song back to Measure 11, but when I listen to the song in game, it plays only once as it's supposed to. After the song plays, there is a long period of silence, then a few random notes of sound, and then silence again, which repeats over and over. It's starting to make me go...well...loopy ^^' Can anyone help me out? (I've included the first few tracks from my .s file, and the end, under a spoiler - the entire thing was too large for me to post; but if you need to see all of it, PM me). I must be doing something wrong, but since this is my first time looping music, I'm having trouble catching the error myself :(

Spoiler:

Edited to add:
Try making your last measures which contain the loop equal to 96.

I tried it, and it didn't work :(

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I'm having a bit of a problem I hope some of you who are competent in musical-related issues can help me with ^^' I am trying to make a looping MIDI song, but try as I might, it just stubbornly refuses to loop. I've read the tutorials and followed all the steps outlined within, but nothing is working out for me and I really don't understand why :(

The Midi I'm using is a ten-track song. All the tracks are 32 (31+0) measures long and with 96 beats in each measure. The end of each track has a "goto" command directing the song back to Measure 11, but when I listen to the song in game, it plays only once as it's supposed to. After the song plays, there is a long period of silence, then a few random notes of sound, and then silence again, which repeats over and over. It's starting to make me go...well...loopy ^^' Can anyone help me out? (I've included the first few tracks from my .s file, and the end, under a spoiler - the entire thing was too large for me to post; but if you need to see all of it, PM me). I must be doing something wrong, but since this is my first time looping music, I'm having trouble catching the error myself :(

Try making your last measures which contain the loop equal to 96.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Does anyone noes how asm code a key item so that it can be called out in-game?
Plus. Anyone knows how to use sethealingplace by JPAN's patch?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Plus. Anyone knows how to use sethealingplace by JPAN's patch?
I posted this in JPAN's thread, but I'll repost here for you.

I was confused at first as well, but it's pretty simple actually.

I just did this for my own hack, but it should be easy to copy for yourself.

Code:
sethealingplace 0x1 
setvar 0x405a 0x0003 'Map.Bank: 00.03'
setvar 0x405b 0x0005 'X: 05'
setvar 0x405c 0x000c 'Y: 0C'

Just replace the hexidecimal numbers as needed and insert into your script.

Note: sethealingplace 0x1 is for places without a healing machine. If you want to use a PokéCenter, use sethealingplace 0x0.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Bulbapedia said:
Utilizing GameShark, players can find hidden music in the games, including music originally used in Pokémon Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

does anyone know these gameshark codes?

and also would they play only the fanfares and stuff or the actual tracks?

also about that yellow fat guy in the pokemon games could someone tell me where he is from again? cant seem to remember the game

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
does anyone know these gameshark codes?

and also would they play only the fanfares and stuff or the actual tracks?

also about that yellow fat guy in the pokemon games could someone tell me where he is from again? cant seem to remember the game
You don't need Gameshark. You could just choose those songs in AdvanceMap.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
:O forgot about that >.>
thnx >.>
wish i had the gs codes :'( rofl

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Is there any way to make the thing in Fire Red with the flash backs go off? Like use the flashback look in Fire Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back