• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Try pitting a fadescreen 0x0 before it and a fadescreen 0x1 after it.

Well at least it does something now... the screen goes black and all you see is the mother and the player...

I think my problem may just be me adding something so the same script doesn't happen again and again every time you step on that certain spot...

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Well at least it does something now... the screen goes black and all you see is the mother and the player...

I think my problem may just be me adding something so the same script doesn't happen again and again every time you step on that certain spot...

Well that's easy, just set a flag at the end and add a part at the start where if you step on it again, it just releases you and ends the script without doing anything.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
No I'm trying to use movesprite because I want the mother to say that to the player...

Btw I just tried to use PKSVU and it came up with this... Game still freezes, nothing happens...

Spoiler:

You are mixing XSE command syntax with PKSV. Also there's a ton wrong here logically too. Try this:

Spoiler:

That would work in PKSV, not problems unless you've already used the flag 0x200 somewhere.
--------------------------

So if you're trying to do that just use a warp command and make a warp using A-map. Please do not change into PKSV keep on using XSE it's the best script editor for GBA Pokemon Games... :)

Outside of popularity, what basis are you using to make this statement? I'm really curious, sounds a lot like an opinion rather than a fact. PKSV definitely seems more user friendly and the compiler messages help point out mistakes in an obvious manner. Then again, I don't know if there is some inner workings that make one better than the other, maybe you can tell me?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Outside of popularity, what basis are you using to make this statement? I'm really curious, sounds a lot like an opinion rather than a fact. PKSV definitely seems more user friendly and the compiler messages help point out mistakes in an obvious manner. Then again, I don't know if there is some inner workings that make one better than the other, maybe you can tell me?

Just my opinion on XSE, yes in some respects PKSVUI is easier, however, it doesn't tell you what parameters are required for each command, while XSE tells you as you type. Personally, it is a little less user friendly (no drop down box) but I like it better. Its defined names (sush as LASTRESULT) can also be edited very easily. It also auto selects your @start offset for copying after you compile, which can speed up things if you have a lot of scripts to do, whereas PKSVUI is a little bit tougher to copy your new offset.

Also, don't forget that XSE has a command database that contains everything known about each command.

Popularity? When I first started hacking, all I heard was PKSVUI this and PKSVUI that. I'm sitting there with XSE going, what do I do??? haha

I know I'm not tajaros, so this is just my personal opinion of the subject.

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
An even easier way would be to take the var you had to input for the s-tile and set it to something other than what its specified value in A-map is.

I've always wondered about that. Is there a reason you have to set the script var number to 4050, or is that just a generic number?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Just my opinion on XSE, yes in some respects PKSVUI is easier, however, it doesn't tell you what parameters are required for each command, while XSE tells you as you type.
You can just hit debug and all that info is all displayed.

Personally, it is a little less user friendly (no drop down box) but I like it better. Its defined names (sush as LASTRESULT) can also be edited very easily. It also auto selects your @start offset for copying after you compile, which can speed up things if you have a lot of scripts to do, whereas PKSVUI is a little bit tougher to copy your new offset.
This is true, but PKSV has ascript generator which is useful for fast scripting, a movement helper, auto complete, a list of important flags, the defined names is just a side thing.

Also, don't forget that XSE has a command database that contains everything known about each command.
Fair enough, that and the text adjuster are the only things I use in XSE :P
When you decompile a script that has a callasm command, PKSV branches down and prints out the ASM commands themselves.

Popularity? When I first started hacking, all I heard was PKSVUI this and PKSVUI that. I'm sitting there with XSE going, what do I do??? haha

I know I'm not tajaros, so this is just my personal opinion of the subject.
Exact opposite for me ;(

karatekid552

Years
You can just hit debug and all that info is all displayed.

This is true, but PKSV has ascript generator which is useful for fast scripting, a movement helper, auto complete, a list of important flags, the defined names is just a side thing.

Fair enough, that and the text adjuster are the only things I use in XSE :P
When you decompile a script that has a callasm command, PKSV branches down and prints out the ASM commands themselves.

Exact opposite for me ;(

Okay, we'll call it a draw... Just depends on the situation you need it for.

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Spoiler:

I think i messed up a lot, just saying...

karatekid552

Years
Spoiler:

Why not just use an applymovement and have the mom walk over? Also, if movesprite... makes absolutly no sense. If is used to determine what to do if a compare type command is used and a certain value is returned.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Spoiler:

1) Stop using movesprite
2) Get the new XSE
3) if movesprite? That's wrong. If statements check if something evaluates to something else.
I.E:
If it's raining <- condition
I will wear my coat
You are not checking anything there with if movesprite infact you shouldn't even be able to compile the script with that kinda error. Try this:

if [condition] == TRUE
jump @SubSection

4) Tell us what you're trying to do in detail with this script. Right now there are so many errors it's hard to tell what you want happening.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Well I just wanted the stupid mom to walk over and tell you something... But, I guess I can use applymovement...

In pksv it looks like this:

#dynamic 0x740000
#org @start
lock
applymovement 0x[mother's id] @HerMovements
pauseevent 0x0
msgbox @MothersMessage
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @HerMovements
m walk_left walk_right walk_down walk_up end

#org @MothersMessage
= Her message

Remember, unlike a message box, the applymovement uses 'm' instead of an '=' and at the end of the movements you need to type out 'end'

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Then you deffinately had the wrong command. Movesprite will just make the sorte warp to the specified coordinates. The only way to make it walk is with the applymovement.

So I wrote the applymovement script and it still doesn't work, just ends up freezing...

Spoiler:

Btw what's supposed to happen is that the player steps down from the ladder twice and then the mother walks up to you and tells you some ****, but all it does is freeze.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
So I wrote the applymovement script and it still doesn't work, just ends up freezing...

Spoiler:

Btw what's supposed to happen is that the player steps down from the ladder twice and then the mother walks up to you and tells you some ****, but all it does is freeze.

Wait, I think I see what you're doing. Are you using green script tiles? Also, you forgot about the flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back