• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
This has been asked before. I also had that problem. On page 183, you will find the version 4.0 of the Hack. Use that version to pass through the building. And them go back to the version 4.2. Same deal.
Aparently this bug only happens in version 4.2.

Thank you this was great help and i got past the house

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
How do i save on a Mac? I've searched every where and could not find how to and when I thought i did it never worked. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

If you can tell me whats a mac then i can help you because the only thing i know is that if you play it on pc then use VBA emulator and if you are on android then play with myboy!

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
If you can tell me whats a mac then i can help you because the only thing i know is that if you play it on pc then use VBA emulator and if you are on android then play with myboy!

Mac OS is a series of graphical user interface-based operating systems developed by Apple Inc. for their Macintosh line of computer systems. The original version was the integral and unnamed system software first introduced in 1984 with the original Macintosh, and referred to simply as the "System" software. The System was renamed to Mac OS in 1996 with version 7.6. The System is credited with popularizing the graphical user interface concept.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Mac OS is a series of graphical user interface-based operating systems developed by Apple Inc. for their Macintosh line of computer systems. The original version was the integral and unnamed system software first introduced in 1984 with the original Macintosh, and referred to simply as the "System" software. The System was renamed to Mac OS in 1996 with version 7.6. The System is credited with popularizing the graphical user interface concept.

Thanxx and i will try to find the Save Game solution on internet and help my Fellow Friend Jake Engelken Soon!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 17, 2014
Will This Game Also be made Through Johto,Hoenn,Sinnoh,Unova?
No Problem even if not!
I will Try it!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Hey,

So I'm playing 4.2, got to the blimp. Went into the shop and entered the raffle a few times, didn't win anything. Went off, came back...and noticed that every time I talk to the ticket attendant and either say no or b to not buy a ticket, I get an 'obtained a XXX ball' message. I've gotten 2 Masterballs and 4 great balls so far.

Obviously I'm not complaining but has anyone else had this issue? And am I supposed to win the ticket first time? I beat Ritchie and the E4 (but not Slate) and I've done Party Panic.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Hey,

So I'm playing 4.2, got to the blimp. Went into the shop and entered the raffle a few times, didn't win anything. Went off, came back...and noticed that every time I talk to the ticket attendant and either say no or b to not buy a ticket, I get an 'obtained a XXX ball' message. I've gotten 2 Masterballs and 4 great balls so far.

Obviously I'm not complaining but has anyone else had this issue? And am I supposed to win the ticket first time? I beat Ritchie and the E4 (but not Slate) and I've done Party Panic.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
Oops, my bad, sorry. It didn't say I'd posted it twice when it refreshed after I posted it!

Also, just for the sake of more information being better, I get a Master Ball every time I win an item and then cancel the next one. Otherwise it's a Great Ball. The message doesn't impact play and pressing a/b/d-pad doesn't affect it, it just fades after a few seconds.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
4.2 still latest?
I ask because i cant open first page
Yes. Since there's nothing more to be fixed (as the critical glitch can be done through 4.0 switch way) Metapod has not released anything else.

@Mox: Yea, it happened to some people... you are unfortunately supposed to "win" it immediately... I'm not sure whether you can ever win it afterwards...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2015
Finally i'm standing in front of the waterfall on route 25 in Orange Islands.
Thank you Metapod23, really a great hack-game!!
I hope you'll finish the storyline of Orange Islands.
Now it's hard to wait the next beta release xD
Thank you much!

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2021
What is the latest version of ash gray? I got 4.2, just trying to confirm.

edit: Also, I know Ash Gray is only covering the Kanto region & Orange Islands anime, I'm just wondering if Metapod has any plans or if someone is planning to help him do a side-hack to include going through the Johto region & then Hoenn, then another hack to do Sinnoh & Unova? The way this would work I'd imagine is if when doing these hacks to start off, it would leave off at Professor Oaks lab with Ash deciding where he'd go next then leave all his Pokemon behind except Pikachu (level 5), then heading to Johto to Professor Elm's lab to deliver that object(I think it was a GS ball?) can't remember. Then taking off on the Johto journey from there.

I know these projects are way huge, but I'd appreciate something like this continuing, maybe it'd be a Heart Gold/ Soul Silver base? I don't know, but it'd be fun! I'd be interested in taking on this project if it's possible, I'd love to learn to do a rom hack.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
What is the latest version of ash gray? I got 4.2, just trying to confirm.

edit: Also, I know Ash Gray is only covering the Kanto region & Orange Islands anime, I'm just wondering if Metapod has any plans or if someone is planning to help him do a side-hack to include going through the Johto region & then Hoenn, then another hack to do Sinnoh & Unova? The way this would work I'd imagine is if when doing these hacks to start off, it would leave off at Professor Oaks lab with Ash deciding where he'd go next then leave all his Pokemon behind except Pikachu (level 5), then heading to Johto to Professor Elm's lab to deliver that object(I think it was a GS ball?) can't remember. Then taking off on the Johto journey from there.

I know these projects are way huge, but I'd appreciate something like this continuing, maybe it'd be a Heart Gold/ Soul Silver base? I don't know, but it'd be fun! I'd be interested in taking on this project if it's possible, I'd love to learn to do a rom hack.
Yes. 4.2 is the latest one so far.

As for the second part. Metapod hasn't explicitly mentioned anything about new project. He plans to finish AshGray and nothing more is known.
There are some people who try to continue with anime hacks, I believe there will be Johto hack but nothing is known about other regions.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
1st: how do you subscribe to Ashgray to be notified when there is a new release?

2nd: if you can't get any hm in the game, how do you get the moves?

Back