• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2014
Can eggs be traded over Wi-Fi in the Wi-fi Club in Platinum?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Persheis

Breeding Purist
Years
Finding out HG/SS SID

Hey guys!
Merry Christmas!

Could somebody help me get my SID number?
I had it some months ago, but I lost it, and the lottery japanese page is down atm.
Please contact me so we can arrange a pokemon trade for you to figure out my SID number.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks! I'll post there!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
If you want a trade to find that out you may want to look at the quick thread thread in the Trade Corner section, just so you know.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2011
Which stats should I EV train for my Togepi?

I have a lv. 1 Togepi that knows Nasty Plot, and I want to use it to absorb hits, use nasty plot, and then baton pass the sp. atk stat boost to my Alakazam. What stats should I EV train togepi to make it survive the longest in battle? HP? or a combination of def and sp. def? or maybe all 3 a little? Any help or advice is appreciated! thanks!

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Guys i hope you can help me.i accidentaly catch a missingno pokemon and now i can't get rid it in my party pokemon,i can't even move it to my pc.now my party slot became 5 only due to this stupid pokemon.hope you can help me to delete it.by the way i'm playing my platinum using acekard of 3ds

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Guys i hope you can help me.i accidentaly catch a missingno pokemon and now i can't get rid it in my party pokemon,i can't even move it to my pc.now my party slot became 5 only due to this stupid pokemon.hope you can help me to delete it.by the way i'm playing my platinum using acekard of 3ds

Well, before doing anything drastic (I.e deleting your save) I'd try turning off all the cheats you have on. (It's happened to me, this method worked) and then just seeing does that work. If it doesn't, you may have to delete your save file. But you should wait to see if someone else has an opinion. :) Hope it works.

I have a lv. 1 Togepi that knows Nasty Plot, and I want to use it to absorb hits, use nasty plot, and then baton pass the sp. atk stat boost to my Alakazam. What stats should I EV train togepi to make it survive the longest in battle? HP? or a combination of def and sp. def? or maybe all 3 a little? Any help or advice is appreciated! thanks!

Well to make a Pokemon have better chance at surviving hits from everything I'd go for Hp. Since you want a bulky Baton Pass set I'd try this;

Togekiss @Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Calm Nature (SpD+; -Atk)
Ability: Serene Grace
-Air Slash
- Wish/Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass

(SpD = Special Defense, btw (: )

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
I already try it but it d0esn't work.anyway thanks for the help.i hope other member of this forum help me

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Hello, I couldn't find a help thread in the Challenges board so this is my next best bet ^.-

I'm currently doing a Single Monotype challenge on Pokémon Diamond for the Water type. So far I have Prinplup, Magikarp [training up is so fun] and a Shellos. But I can't really think of 3 other members :/ I was thinking of Quagsire but I'll already have a Gastrodon, and I want the dual-types to be as diverse as possible.

Any suggestions? :D Thank you!

Perriechu

Years
Hello, I couldn't find a help thread in the Challenges board so this is my next best bet ^.-

I'm currently doing a Single Monotype challenge on Pokémon Diamond for the Water type. So far I have Prinplup, Magikarp [training up is so fun] and a Shellos. But I can't really think of 3 other members :/ I was thinking of Quagsire but I'll already have a Gastrodon, and I want the dual-types to be as diverse as possible.

Any suggestions? :D Thank you!

You could trade over a Lotad or something? ): Water/Grass type should help you out pretty well. Or, if trading isn't something you want to do you could try Barboach? It and Whiscash are Water/Ground type. Then there's Tentacool and Tentacruel, Water/Poison. This link ->click me<- can help you. It's a list of all Water Pokemon available up to Diamond/Pearl.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years

You could trade over a Lotad or something? ): Water/Grass type should help you out pretty well. Or, if trading isn't something you want to do you could try Barboach? It and Whiscash are Water/Ground type. Then there's Tentacool and Tentacruel, Water/Poison. This link ->click me<- can help you. It's a list of all Water Pokemon available up to Diamond/Pearl.

Thank you very much, that list is very useful! :D I can't trade at the moment, unfortunately :/ As soon as I get to the Great Marsh I should be okay!

Potentials:
Golduck
Vaporeon
Azumarill
Lumineon

Years
How are you supposed to beat the damn Kimono girls? They're impossible. How do they even have level 38's? I've fought every trainer in the game and am averaging about level 25 on the Pokemon I mainly use. So what the hell. I beat Claire out of pure chance, btw.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
How are you supposed to beat the damn Kimono girls? They're impossible. How do they even have level 38's? I've fought every trainer in the game and am averaging about level 25 on the Pokemon I mainly use. So what the hell. I beat Claire out of pure chance, btw.
I'm not sure how you're only averaging 25 at that stage in the game unless you have a couple of Pokemon at a very low level in your party and you're including those in the average. ._.

Maybe you skipped some trainers - note that there's the ocean route after Olivine that may hav a couple more trainers, and there's some other ones that you may not have encountered in Union Cave (try exploring it again with the use of Surf) and surfing south of Goldenrod too. And don't forget the trainers on the route south of Blackthorn (it takes a few visits to get to them all). You can also rematch trainers via the phone if you don't want to grind on wild Pokemon south of Blackthorn - more on when to call who from this link.

Perriechu

Years
I'm not sure how you're only averaging 25 at that stage in the game unless you have a couple of Pokemon at a very low level in your party and you're including those in the average. ._.

Maybe you skipped some trainers - note that there's the ocean route after Olivine that may hav a couple more trainers, and there's some other ones that you may not have encountered in Union Cave (try exploring it again with the use of Surf) and surfing south of Goldenrod too. And don't forget the trainers on the route south of Blackthorn (it takes a few visits to get to them all). You can also rematch trainers via the phone if you don't want to grind on wild Pokemon south of Blackthorn - more on when to call who from this link.

Adding to this, don't forget all the trainers that are on the other side of the Cianwood gate, towards the Safari Zone. :) Can you surf south of Goldenrod? :o

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Can you surf south of Goldenrod? :o
Yes. More specifically, on route 34 starting around the same point as the Day Care centre on the water to the west of the route. Heading down leads you to (besides some hidden items along the way) three trainers with water types, two combining for a double battle. They were there in GSC too and give you a Soft Sand for your troubles.

As you may tell I remember too much about the games. =p

Years
Jeez. There sure is some strict moderation around these parts, no?

Anyway... I managed it. What I did was went and caught Entei and Raikou. They obliterated them, got me my eighth badge, helped me catch Lugia, and the three of them blew through the Elite Four without much trouble at all.

It sort of sucks because I didn't want to just use legendaries through the game, but I've had no option. :(

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Jeez. There sure is some strict moderation around these parts, no?
Well, the first post does state that this thread is only for questions and answers, not for telling us how you used legendaries because grinding was too hard for you. If you want to speak about things you've done in the games, please use the Travel Journal thread sticky, but not here as it's off-topic. Rules are rules after all.

Years
game corner problem

everytime i try to play the game the screen stays black and i have to turn my ds off to get back out... is there somethin wrong with my game card or am i not waiting long enough?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to move to the help thread.

Firstly, are you using a legit game? It could be an issue from using a rom (particularly if it is not patched because of anti-piracy coding). And if it is a legit game, then check there's no dust/etc in the cartridge/ds. Does any music play, what is the exact point of it blacking out? It isn't a long transition at all in normal circumstances either, should just start basically right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back