• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
hey! diego downloaded a latest patch & you've fixed the day bug in poke'gear & Prof. Elm script for masterball as well... no more 'u' symbol... that was really quick update... sorry i was late... i see albert clare & you have found out the problem... thank to you albert as well... but i dont have the problem of time not passing as albert is having... it is working fine with my emulator i.e. VBA version 1.7.2.560... i think this version is compatible with most of the hacks i play except for LC which requires 1.8, i guess...

Albert, i think you should try using VBA 1.7.2.560... if it works fine then it should be a problem with VBA 1.8...
We already fixed it yesterday, but thanks for suggesting a fix anyways.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
Wow, I am very impressed with the way this hack has turned out so far, and I haven't played much of this (just beat the rival), you should be proud.

P.S. I take it seeing the battle frontier and GL rematches are out of the question? xD

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Can I make a possible feature request could you put Crystal Onix in the game?
And could you maybe put Glaceon and Leafeon in there too? Lol.

Oh and will all the starters be available?

Last edited:

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years

Deiego won't do that, because it will be an accurate remake, without Fakemons or fourth/fifth generation Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Just registered to say that this is looking really promising, really like faithful-to-original remakes.

Will report bugs as I find them, keep being awesome.

Sierraffinity

Years
Wow, I am very impressed with the way this hack has turned out so far, and I haven't played much of this (just beat the rival), you should be proud.

P.S. I take it seeing the battle frontier and GL rematches are out of the question? xD
The Battle Frontier will definitely show up in the future, as soon as someone can make graphics for it that are in FireRed style. And Gym Leader rematches aren't out of the question, but perhaps not yet.

Crystal Onix doesn't have anything to do with Crystal or even the Sevii Islands planned for the future. Neither do Glaceon and Leafeon... The starters will all probably be available in the future.

Also, a very small bug fix has been uploaded today: Electabuzz can now learn Ice Punch via TM, like in Generation II. :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Lol I know I just love Crystal Onix. I'm in Goldenrod right now I'll report bugs as I go oh I did find a typo though the second Rocket grunt in the Well doesn't have TAILS all in caps.

Sierraffinity

Years
Just registered to say that this is looking really promising, really like faithful-to-original remakes.

Will report bugs as I find them, keep being awesome.
Whoops, didn't notice your post. Thanks for the feedback!
Lol I know I just love Crystal Onix. I'm in Goldenrod right now I'll report bugs as I go oh I did find a typo though the second Rocket grunt in the Well doesn't have TAILS all in caps.
That's a remainder from when I used to do plural capitals like that. It's minor, but it's fixed and uploaded anyways.

earlynovfan

Poké Geek
Years
Problems

Hey, i was really excited to play this, but after I patched this and opened VBA, it just stays at a white screen. Any suggestions?

Sierraffinity

Years
Surely, This will be good. *download* *play!!* :)
I hope you enjoy it!
Hey, i was really excited to play this, but after I patched this and opened VBA, it just stays at a white screen. Any suggestions?
Set this option in your VBA settings:
Options -> Emukator -> Save Type -> Selet both Flash and Flash 128k in this menu.
Also go to the folder where your .sa1 or .sav file for CrystalDust is and delete it. VBA makes one for you on game exit, even if you didn't play.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Got my second badge! Yippee! Everything is just so smooth. One thing I did notice is that a lot of the battle themes sound a little off. I think some of the static beats are to loud sometimes that they conceal the melody. The music definitely needs polishing. In retrospect, I think this game is really good so far.
EDIT: Just got the new patch and am here to confirm that the day of the week is showing up properly on Gameboid. Good job Diego!
EDIT2: Beat Whitney's fat cow with burn status. Whew! This is really a fun game now. Just chillin' in the National Park at night. Music is great there. I noticed the Day/Night bug is still present. I know you can't fix this ATM. Another thing I noticed but wasn't sure if it was a bug. I had to talk to the squirtbottle girl's sister before i got the squirtbottle. I had already beat the gym leader. Is it supposed to be like that? I know it has to do with activating the event but I don't think that was necessary. Or was it? Ha ha!
EDIT3: Kind of lonely without window lights at night. Don't you think?

Last edited:
Years
Ok! i've some suggestions & questions...

Trivia:
1.I think,at the burnt tower,when you encounter sleeping legendary dogs,suicune moves around you clockwise(thats right) but entie is supposed to be at left & raiku at right of suicune as per pkmn crystal... never mind, just a petty detail...
2.At goldenrod city, shouldn't sister of a lady from a flower shop be a little girl... i think she should have a lil' girl overworld...

Suggestion:
You can add various move tutors teaching generation III moves, since all the Tms in Crystaldust contains generation II...(like pkmn FR/LG did,but it was a bit different, they added tutors who wuold teach old generation I moves whose Tms were replaced by gen III moves) Since this is a remake on GBA,i think it wont hurt/defeat the originality of Pkmn crystal... like it didnt in pkmn FR/LG...

Questions:
1.Will you add weekly siblings(those who give hold items on specific days) & other day based events or people?
2.Will you add move relearner(not to be confused with move tutor,the one who teaches previous moves to your pkmn in exchange of mushrooms/heart scales)? You can add it most probably in kanto or seviis islands(like Pkmn FR/LG)...
3.Are you gonna add some extra events in kanto since there was nothing more to do in kanto in pkmn crystal?

Though it may seem long, but plz try to answer them... You know i'm very curious about this remake now... Good luck on the hack...

Sierraffinity

Years
Got my second badge! Yippee! Everything is just so smooth. One thing I did notice is that a lot of the battle themes sound a little off. I think some of the static beats are to loud sometimes that they conceal the melody. The music definitely needs polishing. In retrospect, I think this game is really good so far.
EDIT: Just got the new patch and am here to confirm that the day of the week is showing up properly on Gameboid. Good job Diego!
EDIT2: Beat Whitney's fat cow with burn status. Whew! This is really a fun game now. Just chillin' in the National Park at night. Music is great there. I noticed the Day/Night bug is still present. I know you can't fix this ATM. Another thing I noticed but wasn't sure if it was a bug. I had to talk to the squirtbottle girl's sister before i got the squirtbottle. I had already beat the gym leader. Is it supposed to be like that? I know it has to do with activating the event but I don't think that was necessary. Or was it? Ha ha!
EDIT3: Kind of lonely without window lights at night. Don't you think?
The part with the sister actually happens in Crystal. Also,mI agree that night is missing something, but I can't make it have lights in the windows very easily...
Ok! i've some suggestions & questions...

Trivia:
1.I think,at the burnt tower,when you encounter sleeping legendary dogs,suicune moves around you clockwise(thats right) but entie is supposed to be at left & raiku at right of suicune as per pkmn crystal... never mind, just a petty detail...
2.At goldenrod city, shouldn't sister of a lady from a flower shop be a little girl... i think she should have a lil' girl overworld...

Suggestion:
You can add various move tutors teaching generation III moves, since all the Tms in Crystaldust contains generation II...(like pkmn FR/LG did,but it was a bit different, they added tutors who wuold teach old generation I moves whose Tms were replaced by gen III moves) Since this is a remake on GBA,i think it wont hurt/defeat the originality of Pkmn crystal... like it didnt in pkmn FR/LG...

Questions:
1.Will you add weekly siblings(those who give hold items on specific days) & other day based events or people?
2.Will you add move relearner(not to be confused with move tutor,the one who teaches previous moves to your pkmn in exchange of mushrooms/heart scales)? You can add it most probably in kanto or seviis islands(like Pkmn FR/LG)...
3.Are you gonna add some extra events in kanto since there was nothing more to do in kanto in pkmn crystal?

Though it may seem long, but plz try to answer them... You know i'm very curious about this remake now... Good luck on the hack...
Entei IS at the left and Raikou IS at the right...
The girl's sprite in Crystal wasn't that of a little girl. I might add in Gen III move tutors, but not yet. Maybe in Kanto.
The Week Siblings are already in! Didn't you see them on your journey around Johto?
The Move Relearner will be added in, although I don't know whether I should add him in Fuschia City (where the Move Deleter is in FR/LG) or on Two Island, where he is in FR/LG.
I might add in more events in Kanto. Only time will tell...

Years
i mean entie at left side & raiku at right hand side of suicune that means entei at right & raiku at left from our sight...
yaa... some how i didnt find the weekly siblings... i'll check carefully again if not then try to repatch...
again,yes there's a move deleter in fire red in fuchsia city... u can make a move relearner there because two island will be too far as it already contains johto & kanto, dont you think?

BTW,can you recommend the appropriate version of VBA emulator for pkmn crystaldust plz?

found some bugs/issues
1.at goldenrod pokecom centre, you can get infinite eggs... the lady just gives odd eggs again & again though you already have received one...
2.at the burnt tower, you cannot get the item there... though you use strength on boulder, somehow you can only move it one step ahead but its not further movable...
3.at lake of rage, i think there's some scripting error with fishing guru... though i havent ever shown him a magikarp before,he acts as if i have shown him one already & his sign post reads 4.38 inch magikarp by NEO(my player name)... should he tell you some history of lake of rage...
4.shouldn't hoothoot be available in route 29 & 30 at beginning...?
5.why isnt a twins battle in bugsy gym, a double battle? since they are a twins, it should be double battle though it was not in crystal's feature...
6.at secret place(access via using surf) side of goldenrod city, shouldnt the battle with three cool lady trainers be like a rapid fire battle... but somehow the last one(the one who gives soft sand) dont battle you unless you take a step near to her....
7.not a bug but a question,since there are 8 hms,will you use the dive may be after johto or kanto & have you made phanphy available at route 49(i guess) at the beginning...
plz try to answer them in numbers... i know i ask too much of questions right? but its just a curiousity you know...

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
i mean entie at left side & raiku at right hand side of suicune that means entei at right & raiku at left from our sight...
yaa... some how i didnt find the weekly siblings... i'll check carefully again if not then try to repatch...
again,yes there's a move deleter in fire red in fuchsia city... u can make a move relearner there because two island will be too far as it already contains johto & kanto, dont you think?

BTW,can you recommend the appropriate version of VBA emulator for pkmn crystaldust plz?

found some bugs/issues
1.at goldenrod pokecom centre, you can get infinite eggs... the lady just gives odd eggs again & again though you already have received one...
2.at the burnt tower, you cannot get the item there... though you use strength on boulder, somehow you can only move it one step ahead but its not further movable...
3.at lake of rage, i think there's some scripting error with fishing guru... though i havent ever shown him a magikarp before,he acts as if i have shown him one already & his sign post reads 4.38 inch magikarp by NEO(my player name)... should he tell you some history of lake of rage...
4.shouldn't hoothoot be available in route 29 & 30 at beginning...?
5.why isnt a twins battle in bugsy gym, a double battle? since they are a twins, it should be double battle though it was not in crystal's feature...
6.at secret place(access via using surf) side of goldenrod city, shouldnt the battle with three cool lady trainers be like a rapid fire battle... but somehow the last one(the one who gives soft sand) dont battle you unless you take a step near to her....
7.not a bug but a question,since there are 8 hms,will you use the dive may be after johto or kanto & have you made phanphy available at route 49(i guess) at the beginning...
plz try to answer them in numbers... i know i ask too much of questions right? but its just a curiousity you know...
Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are in the same places they were in GSC, and that's how they'll be in CrystalDust.
Okay, the Move Relearner will be in the Move Deleter's old house in Fuschia City.
I use VBA 1.8.0-beta3 with the RTC turned on and Flash/Flash 128k both selected in the Save Type menu.

1. Whoops, my bad. It was a leftover from when I was testing out the addition of Dizzy Punch to the Odd Egg babies' movesets. Fixed and uploaded.
2. The boulder was set incorrectly in the person event settings. Fixed and uploaded.
3. The only issue with that is that the sign says your name. He's not supposed to tell you the history of the lake unless you talk to him during the Red Gyarados/Team Rocket events. The first problem is fixed and uploaded.
4. That's due to day and night not having different Pokémon yet.
5. It will only go into a double battle if you have more than one able Pokémon with you.
6. Only the first two battles happen one after the other. Even in Crystal, you had to walk down one for the last battle.
7. Don't worry, I will let you use Dive later in the game out of battle.

Also, the odd palette glitch with the arrows has been completely fixed! The new, fixed patch is available to download!

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
hey does anyone know where to find a thunderstone in this game? I'm trying to turn my eevee i got from bill into a jolteon but can't find one.

Years
hey! diego, dont you think its akward the way lance disappear after you talk to him at lake of rage... he goes like round & round up to screen... though it was like that in crystal, it seems a bit odd in GBA... It would be cool if you can make lance fly away in his dragonite like steven did in emerald... you can do it, cuz you're awesome... just a suggestion...
BTW ,i've two things to ask for now:
1.How can you evolve evee into espeon/umbreon? is it like in crystal day night basis or using sun stone/moon stone?
2.just a curiousity, have you thought of making the return of GIOVANNI at some point of the game, though not in johto or even in kanto vbut may be in seviis? You know what i disliked about crystal's storyline was that they never brought the GIOVANNI, just mentioned he was training somewhere.... & just disbanned it...

Sierraffinity

Years
Beat Morty! He was very fun and easy!
Here are two glitches I spotted.http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=63876&stc=1&d=1332395235
Both are now fixed, but I'm not going to upload the fixed version yet because of a new feature that's being added in...
hey does anyone know where to find a thunderstone in this game? I'm trying to turn my eevee i got from bill into a jolteon but can't find one.
Thunderstones aren't available yet in CrystalDust, sorry.
hey! diego, dont you think its akward the way lance disappear after you talk to him at lake of rage... he goes like round & round up to screen... though it was like that in crystal, it seems a bit odd in GBA... It would be cool if you can make lance fly away in his dragonite like steven did in emerald... you can do it, cuz you're awesome... just a suggestion...
BTW ,i've two things to ask for now:
1.How can you evolve evee into espeon/umbreon? is it like in crystal day night basis or using sun stone/moon stone?
2.just a curiousity, have you thought of making the return of GIOVANNI at some point of the game, though not in johto or even in kanto vbut may be in seviis? You know what i disliked about crystal's storyline was that they never brought the GIOVANNI, just mentioned he was training somewhere.... & just disbanned it...
You can make Eevee evolve the same way you make it evolve in Emerald; 12 AM to 12 PM gives Umbreon, while 12 PM to 12 AM gives Espeon. Giovanni might be brought back in the future...

Back