• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

~Choose Wisely!~ [The Starter Pokemon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Haha yeah...most of the star moves we think would be suitable for our Pokemon would be learned last. It was quite a difficult question to answer. xD Mach Punch seems to be a powerful move to be considered as a *star* great choice!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Haha yeah...most of the star moves we think would be suitable for our Pokemon would be learned last. It was quite a difficult question to answer. xD Mach Punch seems to be a powerful move to be considered as a *star* great choice!

Well, what can I say? Mach Punch can be spammed (without any known drawback) and it is fairly easy to see an Infernape use Mach Punch, considering that it is a fighting type. Plus, being an early-game move is really a wonderful thing.

Years
Look at the starter Pokemon you chose as your partner and think of the moves they possibly use. Which move would be a *star* move for them? Which one would they be using far often?

Chikorita is my ideal starter, so... hmmm. Magical Leaf would be fun, I'd love to get trainers with that move since it doesn't miss often. :3 Love Leaf Storm too though; it's super strong and, though it lowers your power, I still think it'd be an awesome move to take out an opponent quickly.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Look at the starter Pokemon you chose as your partner and think of the moves they possibly use. Which move would be a *star* move for them? Which one would they be using far often?
Arcanine is my starter so.. it's starter *star* move will be Flamethrower or Flame Burst
i haven't played pokemon in ages ....i dont remember many moves :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
BOOM. New topic, guys! Gonna keep it gooooooooing. :D

Aside from the Starter Pokemon offered in this group, what other Pokemon could you choose as a starter?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
BOOM. New topic, guys! Gonna keep it gooooooooing. :D

Aside from the Starter Pokemon offered in this group, what other Pokemon could you choose as a starter?

By "what other Pokemon could you choose as a starter?", do you mean starters that are not included in any Pokémon game or application, or starters that are missing on the club's list?

Oh, and you forgot to update the "starter Pokémon" list in the OT. Might be a good idea to recheck.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think Axew does count, since we could play as one in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates of Infinity.

tnfsf11

Username: AnonygooseD
Starter: Totodile

Porygon, I just love that Pokemon & feel sorry for it being banned from the anime, I wish the way it evolved could be easier than trading though...

Warship

異議あり!
Years

i think meowth or skitty could be ideal since they were starters in pmd explorers of darkness/time/sky and perhaps clefairy too since it was considered to be the mascot of pokemon instead of pikachu and lets not forget marill as it was basically a gen 2 pikachu also emolga too as a gen 5 pikachu.

man that was long :D

Years

Gastly would be a good starter. Good stats, fair movepool. Although you might have trouble with the Route 1 Normal-Types

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Hmm, I'm not quite sure about this. I feel like a lot of Normal types would fit the whole starter type thing, as quite a few of them fit the bill both design-wise and stat-wise. However, most of the Normal type Pokemon only have two stages, where I feel like they start not really fitting in as starters. Part of what makes me love starter Pokemon so much, is that their evolutionary line is designed in a way, so that it feels like with every stage in their evolutionary line is like a new stage in their life. The first stage is when they're babies, second is the teenage years, and the final stage is when they're adults, and that kinda creates a bond between the player and their starter Pokemon (well, for those who see Pokemon as more than slaves for battle :p). But yeah, even missing that one stage is enough to make that whole journey completely different for me :/ The Normal types with 3 evolutionary stages do however fit well enough in my book, so try and guess which one I'm gonna say!

it's pidgey btw

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Thinking about the "two-stage" vs. "three-stage" thing, it left me wondering.

Suppose we have a main series Pokémon game where the starter evolves at set plot points instead of at a level. Would it work better than the current approach? Then again, for two-stage Pokémon, some plot wiggle room would be needed for the first "point", but, hmm...

Or should we block any evolution until the story has been wrapped up?

Warship

異議あり!
Years
hm i guess we can post questions as well right? here goes.

Does your starter has a move it cant learn but should learn because of its biological structure? If it does, what is it?

Personally i think turtwig should learn Shell Smash because it has a shell and all. it wouldnt made much difference in competitive play but i think it would have been more logical and also many turtle pokemon like turtwig can learn it (e.g. carracosta). maybe Razor Shell too but not necessarily since it needs to use its shell more freely but im really surprised it cant learn shell smash

Years
Does your starter has a move it cant learn but should learn because of its biological structure? If it does, what is it?

I'm pretty sure Charizard has it all covered... It learns a butt-load of dragon-type moves.. But the inverse being that it can learn Earthquake... Like whaaaaa? Fire/Flying type?

Years
I always wished Eevee was a starter. So many choices with it. :( Evolving it into Glaceon is all I've ever wanted. ;__;

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think Glaceon have many moves that it could possible learn, and even the attack which involves Tail (like Aqua Tail, Iron Tail). But since Pokedex of B2W2 says that Glaceon can change its hair to become something to fire on enemies, I think it should learn Icicle Spear or Pin Missile.

Last edited:

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Username: TrainerMusaddiq
Your Starter Pokemon: Electivire
Nickname: TrainerMT

My Fav Starter Is Piplun Becouse His Water And Flying Type And It's Awesome Desgin

But I Choose Electivire Becouse His My Fav Pokemon And For His Powerfull Moves
Just Like
Thunder
Giga Impact
Earthquake
Hyper Beam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back