• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Give pokemon script with CUSTOM MOVES!!!

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Hello everyone!

I haven't seen any tutorial for this so I decided to make a one.
In this tutorial you will learn how to give a pokemon with custom moves! (To be honest, the routine changes the moveset of the last pokemon in your party, so it also works when you receive a pokemon because it will be the last in your team)
To see that it isn't any trick watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_mwbtg1TY):

Here are the steps so it will work for you too :)

Spoiler:

Let me know what do you think :)

PS: This is my first ASM routine so Jambo, please forgive me for my code xD

Last edited:
Years
This looks like a really nice tutorial. I haven't experimented with ASM yet, but I do understand everything you're saying for the most part. This seems like it would be very useful for a hack involving some kind of special Pokemon you receive that knows a move it couldn't normally learn (Rattata with a Hyper Beam?! o_O).

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Thank you! :) Does the variable from 0x8000 to 0x8009 of Ruby has the same function as compared to Fire Red?

Yes, only the adresses for variables are different but they work the same way :)

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
In Emerald, the setpkmnpp command in XSE can be used to change the moves of any Pokemon in the party (what XSE says is the "New PP amount" is the index number of the move to replace with in Emerald), so if you know where the given Pokemon is going in the party, you can use that command instead of the ASM.

Either way, this is a great way to do it for the other versions!

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
In Emerald, the setpkmnpp command in XSE can be used to change the moves of any Pokemon in the party (what XSE says is the "New PP amount" is the index number of the move to replace with in Emerald), so if you know where the given Pokemon is going in the party, you can use that command instead of the ASM.

Either way, this is a great way to do it for the other versions!

Oh, I haven't known about this :)

cjcman95

codycarol95
Years
i know this may be a stupid question. but im confused as hell. so if i was to put it in either PKSV or XSE, what exactly would the script look like after putting the ASM in? (for both PKSV and XSE)

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
i know this may be a stupid question. but im confused as hell. so if i was to put it in either PKSV or XSE, what exactly would the script look like after putting the ASM in? (for both PKSV and XSE)

(...)
givepokemon "blablablah" (parametres)
callasm YOUROFFSET+1 (ex. your ASM is 0x80000, so type 0x800001)
(...)

That's all.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
works great with eggs!

edit: on further thought, the command setpkmnpp also works lol.. for all versions

Last edited:

NanoDude

Avir
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
This ASM worked great although for me I had to swap some things around on lines 12, 50, 175 and 208 in order for the ASM to compile properly with thumb.

Back