The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Pokémon Gaming Central
8th generation

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old May 18th, 2018 (8:35 AM). Edited May 18th, 2018 by peter McLightning.
Banned

Nature: Hasty
    Do you have any thoughts about the upcoming generation that you want to share? Do you think it will be set on a new or old region? Any idea about what their name will be?
    Old May 18th, 2018 (8:56 AM).
    Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
      Any new Generation is typically held in a new region with entirely new starters, Pokemon and protagonists(whether that will mean Ash is representing the Male one in the Anime remains to be seen). It doesn't mean the 8th Generation can't come with an older Generation remake akin to FRLG, HGSS and ORAS. Many people want a Generation IV remake but I think we'll get a 2nd Gen 1 remake, albeit not based on Red/Blue/Green but more so on Yellow(and its hinting it might be that with the rumored Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee title. Pikachu and Eevee were the protagonist and rival's starters respectively). Being that remakes are easier to do is why I think they're releasing info on this rather than teasing about the latest and greatest Generation. It could be because they're simply not ready or that they're trying to get people to buy the new Switch platform so that when they do release Generation VIII then more people will be able to buy and play it.

You have to admit though that at some point GameFreak and TPC are going to simply stop making new Pokemon games since there are only so many Pokemon one can create. I mean we're up to what... 800+ now? What more can they add that we haven't seen already?

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP
      Old May 20th, 2018 (5:04 AM).

we need voice actors to make the long cutscene more bearable. please don't be cheap nintendo i mean gamefreak. and i don't want half ass content in favor for gimmick nobody want in the first place like the pokesnap or pokeshoot that we all know won't last to the new gen in favor for newer gimmick that i myself know will be terrible. ever since x and y, i'm starting to see the terrible practice gamefreak being doing over the past years. we had no good postgame at the start of new gen and i feel these kind of things are a rip off to to us customers. the refusal to utilize dlc and blatant spliting the enhance version into two that makes no sense whatsoever. it's painfully obvious with how the ultra nekrozma was design as the lategame boss. and the ultra squad felt they just there because it's ultra games hurr durr. even lusamine was just... watered down lusamine.
        Old May 30th, 2018 (2:36 AM).

Nature: Quirky
        With the official announcement of Let's Go Pikachu! and Let's Go Eevee!, it looks more likely that 8th Gen won't be starting until late 2019, further sticking to the usual 3 year lifespan for the generations.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
        Old May 30th, 2018 (4:01 AM). Edited May 30th, 2018 by Blue.
        ASTRO

Nature: Relaxed
        I think it’s great they’ve given us two separate games to keep us busy until next year! This also means they have more time to work on perfecting the 2019 game whenever it does release. The 3-year cycle seems solid now and I’m glad they’re sticking to it.
        Old May 31st, 2018 (5:34 PM).

Nature: Docile
          I don't think that the 2019 game is Gen 8.
          Old June 3rd, 2018 (1:15 AM). Edited June 3rd, 2018 by Sabrewulf238.

Nature: Jolly
            I'm kinda hoping we get an early (ish) announcement of gen 8 next year. (like in January/February) 6th gen was announced in January of it's release year so it could happen.

I was already more than ready to move on to gen 8.....and that hasn't really changed.
            Old July 31st, 2018 (4:43 AM).

Nature: Jolly
            I'm somewhat pessimistic in regards to Gen 8 because I feel like with every generation, the amount of negativity and complaints just gets louder and louder simply because for some reason the newer games just aren't like how the old ones used to be. Of course they aren't going to be like (insert your favourite generation here), they're completely seperate freakin' games for psyducks sake.

But yeah, can't wait for that.
            Old July 31st, 2018 (5:50 AM).
            Gladion Trash

Nature: Bashful
              It looks like Generation 8 will release in the second half of next year, so I'm really hoping for some reveals and information next spring.

I definitely want a larger region, though. Alola was decently sized, but being split across so many islands made it feel tiny.

Quick Reply