• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
Hey, I'm looking for a FR/LG/anygame hack that would be the closest to Pokemon Yellow (in 3+ generation game). I mean Pikachu as a starter (doesn't have to follow the character as in Yellow), receiving Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur, recurring team rocket trio, number of pokemon restrained to original RBY, still containing refinements like physical/special split, simplified evolutions for trade-required-ones, reusable TM's, HM's edited to be more useful in battling, or any attack corrections as for recent gen changes (moves power (like fly/dig), refreshed movesets for pokemon, etc.). any ideas? I'm sure there isn't an exact hack like in my description, but maybe I didn't notice anything similar though.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Hey, I'm looking for a FR/LG/anygame hack that would be the closest to Pokemon Yellow (in 3+ generation game). I mean Pikachu as a starter (doesn't have to follow the character as in Yellow), receiving Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur, recurring team rocket trio, number of pokemon restrained to original RBY, still containing refinements like physical/special split, simplified evolutions for trade-required-ones, reusable TM's, HM's edited to be more useful in battling, or any attack corrections as for recent gen changes (moves power (like fly/dig), refreshed movesets for pokemon, etc.). any ideas? I'm sure there isn't an exact hack like in my description, but maybe I didn't notice anything similar though.

I know one hack closest to what you explained. Here's the link:
[link redacted]

There used to be a thread about this in Pokecommunity but the link in it is broken. I know this hack is supposed to be a remake of Yellow and I've played it before and it has most of the things you've mentioned though I'm not sure about physical/special split and simplified evolutions.

EDIT: Well I can't post links to somewhere else and the link from Pokecommunity is broken so I suggest you look up Pokemon Lightning Yellow download on google you'll find the hack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2016
Looking for a ROM that has mega evolution (in battle) there is any rom? And if so with some increased difficulty.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I'm looking for a ROM hack that isn't edited heavily; close to vanilla would be nice but harder difficulty etc and being able to obtain most of the Pokemon from that generation.

My favorite games were Red / Blue but I'd prefer to play FireRed / LeafGreen hacks.
Hi, I'm currently feeling some serious nostalgia from pokemon go. Its inspired me to play through pokemon fire red again, but, I'm looking for something a bit more challenging.

Basically, im looking for vanilla fire red (as close as it can get) with increased difficulty and maybe updated pokemon types like fairy? with just gen 1 pokemon
Is there such a hack? That would be grand!
I've heard of Fire Red 251 being compared to a Challenge Mode of FR. It's about as close to Vanilla as you can get with Pokemon hacks, in some ways closer than Throwback to FR (but in others less so). You won't find that here, it's on RomHacking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2019
Hi, im looking for some hacks that have all pokemon from Gen I to VI. With 100% story complete..
it can be Fire Red or Emerald or any bases ROM... if have any idea, pls tell me..
Thank you so much guys:D <3 <3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 7, 2016
Any gen 1/gen 2 hacks that change the region and remain compatible with Stadium/Stadium 2?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Hello, Im looking for a game with the below requirements:

Must have:
Gen 4 physical and special attack split.

Must not have:
Pokemons from Gen 3 and after. Meaning i only want pokemons from Gen 1 and 2.

Secondary requirements:
Fakemons are WELCOMED if they have detailed art style , colors and body parts on the monsters that actually make sense according to their origins.

Generally i welcome innovation, meaning i dont mind new features.
Of course upcomming projects are also welcomed!

Please dont try to convince me how great pokemons in new generations look. Just dont.
Thank you and i look forward for suggestions.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
Hey guys... just joined today. PokemonGo has reignited my Pokemon fever. I am playing Pokemon Gold on a Gameboy but want to play Volt White 2. I am looking for a OpenEmu version. I have Soul Silver on OpenEmu but I am frustrated trying to figure out how to get the first gen original three plus the next gen 3 pokemon all together so I can use them all. Any suggestions?

Venturra

Speaker of the Holy Flame
Years
Hello guys,

I am searching for rom hacks with choice determind gameplay/a karma system/complex story.

I am sorry if this was already asked. If thats the case, just delete this post and i am going to look for it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Hey everyone.
I am looking for a pokemon hack in which you can play as a team rocket grunt or sort or in which you can steal pokemon and being evil muwhaha.
I"ve looked al around the hack forum but found only like 2 hacks and those wouldn't continue.
Can someone recommend me more team rocket hacks.
thanks.

Pokemon fuligin

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
im looking for a GBA hack with 386 pokemons and NO fakemons, NO stats and attacks changes, but with the trade/battle feature.

someting like pokemon liquid crystal but with the trade/battle feature working.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2016
im looking for a GBA hack with 386 pokemons and NO fakemons, NO stats and attacks changes, but with the trade/battle feature.

someting like pokemon liquid crystal but with the trade/battle feature working.

Give Pokemon UltraViolet a try! It doesn't have a trade/battle feature but all the Pokemon that you usually get via trade (like Golem) evolve by level up.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 30, 2019
Looking for a leaf green/fire red hack which features johto (or possibly a completely new area) instead of, or as well as, the sevi islands. Trade pokemon obtainable through leveling or stones.
Alterations to kanto story and difficulty. Hopefully something exists.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 24, 2019
Hey everyone, looking for a hard GBA ROM with the following features:

-As many catchable pokemon as possible
-Special/Physical split
-Gen 6 learn and movesets
-Expanded TM list
-If no TM list - move tutors that can teach the newest moves
-Hard, possibly expanded regions

I want to make a cool Gen3/4/5/6 team with the new moves and go break some necks.
I have tried Blazed Glazed and Glazed so far, but I dislike the fact that some moves seem inacessible so far (drain punch, some of the other punch moves).

Any suggestions are welcome!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
From the hacks i've played(completed) i strongly suggest Life Version. A short hack, due to it not being fully completed, but an amazing ROM. Very smooth, incredible graphics and great storyline. Did not find a single glitch!

If you're interested, check out my Youtube channel where I recently recorded a Nuzlocke series for Life Version hack ROM!

Youtube - Joshkeeno
XBL - Joshkeeno

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hey guys... just joined today. PokemonGo has reignited my Pokemon fever. I am playing Pokemon Gold on a Gameboy but want to play Volt White 2. I am looking for a OpenEmu version. I have Soul Silver on OpenEmu but I am frustrated trying to figure out how to get the first gen original three plus the next gen 3 pokemon all together so I can use them all. Any suggestions?
Crystal Emu Edition
Fire Red 251 OR Pokemon Throwback
Pokemon Emerald: Hoenn Dex Edition (or National Dex Edition depending on what you view as an Emu Edition)
Nothing off the top of my head for Gen IV onward; most DS emus work with Pal Park, the only big deal is Sinnoh mons. You can use Universal Randomizer without randomizing anything to enable Stone evos at least.

Last edited:

BrxDgr8t

PKMN Player
Years
Here's a list of Pokemon ROM Hacks (GBA) that I recommend to you guys.

1.) PKMN Glazed
2.) PKMN Light Platinum
3.) PKMN Dark Rising 1 & 2
4.) PKMN Flora Sky
5.) PKMN Shiny Gold

I could help you in your quest in PKMN Glazed.

Back